Thread: >> Gintama..

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Default >> Gintama..

GINTAMA

>>> Any fans of this manga/anime series??
    I just needed to read the first manga chapter and watch the 2 first anime episodes to become a fan, a very crazy/obsessed fan..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I was first exposed to Gintama in the Nintendo DS import game, 'Jump! Superstars' (Get it.) I didn't know most of the characters in that game, so I went around the 'net trying to find scanslations of the manga that weren't in English yet. Gintama was one of the first ones I checked, and I thought it was pretty funny.
    I'm actually in Japan right now, and a few days ago I came across an issue of V Jump that shows Son Goku doing his famous Kamehameha with Gintama and Shinpachi mimicking him behind there. Hilarity.

I've only seen the first 4 eps of the anime, but it seems to retain the general humour of the show. It's funny how the setting is a cross between historic, modern and futuristic at the same time. I swear, I busted out laughing when the lead character (an adult!) is reading an issue of Jump! and he says out loud, "Man, I wish I had BanKai..."

If you like the Jump shows (DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, Kenshin....the list goes on) then you'll definitely like this one.

In other Jump anime news, it appears that Death Note, D Gray Man and Reborn are all getting anime starting in the next 2 weeks. Grooviness.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    I swear, I busted out laughing when the lead character (an adult!) is reading an issue of Jump! and he says out loud, "Man, I wish I had BanKai..."
    >>> lol, Im an adult and I love Jump manga more than my own life..

Until now I never realized how sad I am..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..