Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comic Books!

Superman: Red Son by Mark Millar
    Supreme Power by JMS

Read those.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Y the Last Man is probably my favorite comic series of all time. I've felt so many feelings and it's only 60ish issues. Currently reading Earth 2 Society and The Dark Knight III. Both are doing pretty good.

As far as comics go, I really prefer stand alone stories where they're separate from the main universe. Those stand alone realities, or other earths, have significantly less retconning and usually the story is way more coherent.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm not sure too much about modern comics. The X-Men of the 80s-early 90s was great. Spider-Man is a good one. Howard the Duck is fun, if you like absurd humor & satire.

I heard good things about the current runs of Squirrel Girl & Ms. Marvel.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I want to read the new Black Panther comics by Taneshi Coates and I heard the new Vision comic is good too.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Let's see...recent favourites include Ms. Marvel, Phonogram, The Wicked and the Divine, Saga, Trees, and Sex Criminals. In my to-read stack is the latest Saga, a couple of compilations from Jason, and Extraordinary X-Men. Contrary to popular belief, it's not all superheroes in the graphic novel genre, there are some very touching memoirs, histories, and straight up contemporary fiction in there are as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Is Saga done yet? I'd like to buy it in a few books rather than a bunch of paperbacks.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 06-09-2016 at 03:26 AM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

By the by: Atomic Robo is a wonderful action science series and has been freely available to read in its entirety on its website for some time.

http://www.atomic-robo.com

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Is Saga done yet? I'd like to buy it in a few books rather than a bunch of paperbacks.
    They're up to six volumes of trade paperbacks.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i totally forgot about the friggin wicked + the divine

soooo good

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    By the by: Atomic Robo is a wonderful action science series and has been freely available to read in its entirety on its website for some time.

http://www.atomic-robo.com
    Clevinger is a good guy.

It's too bad The Dreadful is updated very infrequently and How I Killed Your Master is basically dead.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm mostly still sad about the death of warbot in accounting. That one really spoke to me.

And fit anyone who's a fan of DC heroes like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, etc. DC's present rebirth stuff is a breath of fresh air. They're offering some pretty good jumping on points for anyone looking to start reading their books, and they're finally getting away from the crap that was New 52 and back to a point where there heroes weren't all grim dark all the time and they knew what the word hope meant. So far I've read their Rebirth special issue that gives a good overview of the present status quo for most heroes and the state of the DC universe, as well as the first new issues of Superman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, The Flash, and Wonder Woman and all of them are setting up interesting looking stories and are very well done. I'd recommend any of them, but definitely also get that special issue for an introduction no matter what you buy.

And for any Watchmen fans, they heavily hint at a connection to that series in the big conflict they're seeing up but i will say no more so i don't spoil anything.

For me, these never get old.

Also I'm learning about my favorite comic franchise, the X-Men. It's almost impossible for me to believe that, at one point, they were a third-rate title instead of a premier series that stands out as the best of Marvel. Thank you Chris Claremont. Also thank you for giving Magneto the Holocaust survivor backstory. That was genius.