Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Midgar Mist and FF6

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I think he was just comic relief and to put a boss in places that didn't fit anything else. You see him in the second half too but are not forced into a fight with him.

He gets a job and everything.

Blog Entries

Yeah he's a mischevious one. But Kefka is also a bit of a comic villian himself. And he's the only FF villain I can think of who is 100 per cent human to begin with. Kinda makes the whole thing worse in that respect.

So anyway: Square seemed to be having some kind of love affair with annoying floating ruins during this period. Midgar Mist is currently tired of seemingly dead end dungeons, and the random monsters are particularly annoying up here.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Kefka started as a human but turned into so much more. Ya once again Phantom Esper is your best friend if you are on the floating continent. Locke can also steal Genji Gloves up there as well off dragons. It's a 1/16 chance at grabbing one. The only thing that will mess you up bad up there is Ninja's. Have a few spells ready for them. Also they will take away your phantom invisablity. If you took Strago up you can learn his 1000 needle Lore up there too which is a easy 1000 damage also.

Blog Entries

So.....couldnt enlarge the map Kanno provided so had to consult youtube to bust on through the dead end.

My current questions are twofold:

1. Is it possible for Terra to stay in Esper form for longer? If so how?
    2. Is there anything i can learn that will make magic affect all allies/enemies?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Question 1: Terra's morph ability is based on MP earned at the end of battle that is the same points earned for esper's magic. Not sure the formula though.

Question 2: use the triggers to target all in battle for all spells and for healing in the menu. If they can hit multiples the trigger will allow you to hit them. This isn't well explained but works from the beginning.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Question 1: Terra's morph ability is based on MP earned at the end of battle that is the same points earned for esper's magic. Not sure the formula though.

Question 2: use the triggers to target all in battle for all spells and for healing in the menu. If they can hit multiples the trigger will allow you to hit them. This isn't well explained but works from the beginning.

i only learned that due to me pressing the wrong key in Narshe in WoR

did confuse me going to FF7 afterwards, i like the trigger thingy better

Blog Entries

So.....I'm regretting taking Locke along for my second time of doing the rounds of this crazy floating island. It means i have to pay the price of starting this annoying stage again, just to get Sabin. I squeaked by with Shadow, Relm, Edgar and the aforementioned Locke in that big battle just before reaching Kefka. Then, just when I think i can run out of this prick of a place, I'm stopped by MANDATORY random battles. MAN-DA-TORY! Then I get to this thing thats activated near a shiny star like thing which has frigging auto reflect! Arrrrgh! How do i get out of this place on time and alive!?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

You should have Celes with her Runic at that spot, and Edger's drill and chainsaw can make short work of him too. Another trick would be cast reflect on yourself and then attack yourself with magic reflecting the magic to him.

Blog Entries

Hmmm...did i miss the chainsaw? I looked around for another Edgar tool but didnt come across one. I have carbuncle so reflect shouldnt be a problem.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

The chainsaw is in Zozo bye solving the clock puzzle.

Blog Entries

Ive landed

In the World of Ruin. I remember poor Celes being on her own.

I shall find as many main characters as possible myself.

I will need help on the location of the Moogle Charm (will try and find Mog myself). I know where Umaro and those extra espers are so thats a start. I think if I wanna get Gogo thats gonna be the tricky one.

Im also glad I know that "the world is square", it saves me getting pissed off again.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

You really don't need that. You can just walk into the room. The puzzle only gave you the location. The moogle charm is behind where you find Mog on the wall.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congrats on making it to the World of Ruin.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Agreed. It always felt like an accomplishment when you hop on that raft and leave Cid behind!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Agreed. It always felt like an accomplishment when you hop on that raft and leave Cid behind!
    poor cid. is there a way to save him?