Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Four

Quote Originally Posted by G13 View Post
    Kind of early to be calling that, Johnny_Numbers, since it released just this morning. I'd be all for Marvel reacquiring the FF and integrating them into their MCU, but there's still a chance that Fox will make enough money on this to consider it a win.

Also, you're comparing apples to theoretical oranges here. I wouldn't be so quick to hop on that Marvel D. They were behind Iron Man 3, after all.
    If it doesn't happen with the 2015 Fantastic Four movie then it might happen sometime after the 2017 Fantastic Four sequel, (if it even gets a sequel) anyway I hear that Fox would not let critics see this movie early and there was a review embargo on the 2015 Fantastic Four movie as well, so basically Fox was trying to keep everybody away from this "film" because they didn't have any faith in the movie. And that's sad, when the studio doesn't have any faith in what they're selling!

Anyway, I don't hate Iron Man 3 as much as you people do because it is a smurfing masterpiece next to crappy Iron Man 2. I strongly dislike Iron Man 2, with a passion and the only reason why I even have it in my collection is because it came with Iron Man 1 & 3, as sort of a three pack. I couldn't buy Iron Man 1 & 3 without picking up Part 2 as well.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Has there ever been a review embargo on anything that wasn't terrible?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Has there ever been a review embargo on anything that wasn't terrible?
    I don't know.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Got a good chuckle out of that.

Sad thing is, even if it goes back to Marvel you're still going to have people who are tired of the movies being remade even if they turn out to be good. It's already happening to Spider-Man.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Sad thing is, even if it goes back to Marvel you're still going to have people who are tired of the movies being remade even if they turn out to be good. It's already happening to Spider-Man.
    Well, you know movie studios...They're gonna milk something until it's dry, just like they milked the first Ang Lee Hulk with The Incredible Hulk and they gonna do the same thing to Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. Anyway if the Fantastic Four ever comes to the MCU, you know you guys just wanna see the FF on the Avengers lineup with Ant-Man and Spider-Man.

I've been reading articles on ScreenRant.com and I just wanted to post this link right here.

‘Fantastic Four’ Box Office Suggests Major Loss for Fox

Wow, that's too bad. Well, you played the game and you lost, Fox.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Galactus and Silver Surfer confirmed for Guardians 2.

Oh, wait a minute. Nevermind. Box Office Mojo is saying something different.

Forecast: 'Fantastic Four' Set To Take First - Box Office Mojo

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not sure who to believe.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It could still take first place & do horribly.

All Marvel needs to do is get the rights back before the Infinity Wars. The F4 can be introduced there & get their own movie in Phase 4 or something. They can do it the right way, Old Man Reed, sexy Susan, Chris Evans pulling double duty playing Cap & Torch, & they can do a decent Doom.

You know, I just thought about this today. Just now. Wouldn't have it been better if instead of yet-another origin story, the Fantastic Four movie from 2015 was effected by the events of X-Men: Days of Future Past? I mean for example, let's say that the original Fantastic Four (Tim Story's Fantastic Four) had died in the dystopian future of Days of Future Past? But when Logan went back in time to stop Raven from killing Trask, he resetted the timeline and it's like the Fantastic Four never died, only now they're being played by different actors. (Anyway, if I were Fox and I did that I definitely wouldn't have hired Michael B. Jordan to play Johnny Storm.)
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 08-08-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The director slammed the studio, blaming them for ruining the movie.

Here's a little conspiracy theory to chew on:

What if Fox wanted the F4 to fail, so when they wanted to get the TV rights for the X-Men, they had something to exchange w/ Marvel? Let's say Fox originally set out for this movie to do well, but over time realized that juggling two different franchises wasn't worth it for the studio. And seeing WB/DC do so well on TV, why not take the incredibly popular X-Men franchise & put them on TV? Well, w/ Marvel maintaining the TV rights, that wasn't going to happen. But...

"how about we give them the F4 back for the X-Men rights?"

"But, Mr. Murdock, we're currently making a F4 movie!"

"Bloody well make it fail then, mate! Give those wankers back to Marvel so we can utilize our more popular franchise! They'll do anything to get the F4 back!"

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    The director slammed the studio, blaming them for ruining the movie.

Here's a little conspiracy theory to chew on:

What if Fox wanted the F4 to fail, so when they wanted to get the TV rights for the X-Men, they had something to exchange w/ Marvel? Let's say Fox originally set out for this movie to do well, but over time realized that juggling two different franchises wasn't worth it for the studio. And seeing WB/DC do so well on TV, why not take the incredibly popular X-Men franchise & put them on TV? Well, w/ Marvel maintaining the TV rights, that wasn't going to happen. But...

"how about we give them the F4 back for the X-Men rights?"

"But, Mr. Murdock, we're currently making a F4 movie!"

"Bloody well make it fail then, mate! Give those wankers back to Marvel so we can utilize our more popular franchise! They'll do anything to get the F4 back!"

That's sort of like the theory going around that Sam Raimi purposely made a bad Spider-Man movie co-starring Venom, because he didn't wanna do a movie with Venom in it.

Anyway, I like your theory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That... makes no sense, why would you have to make it fail in order to trade it for the X-Men TV rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    That... makes no sense, why would you have to make it fail in order to trade it for the X-Men TV rights?

Probably because investors wouldn't want to sell off the Fantastic Four if it was profitable. So they had to make sure the Fantastic Four would fail, to keep the investors happy and so their stock wouldn't plummet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Investors are happy that Fox's big budget movie just failed...?

Trust me, it makes no sense. Better to have a movie that performs well in all instances, if F4 had done well Marvel would have been even more desperate to take it away from Fox as well.