Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tekken EoFFight Club

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I can do Rosie's and Kang's 10 strings, but not consistently. They're easily interruptible, so you have to be careful.

I need to get better with Kang in general.

Mods: **New post because new content.**

So we have our first DLC character, and it sticks to what the rumors have been saying about only characters from other series, not returning old characters.

I do respect that it's a KOF fighter, and Geese is a classic choice. Lots of fireball characters in Tekken now though. Not sure I like that, as no fireballs made Tekken an unusual fighter, if not entirely unique.

EDIT: Looks like Geese comes with a new stage too, so that's cool I guess.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Everything they've been doing is just a slap in the face to me.

Geese Howard the character is older than Tekken the series, and he's from an SNK series with a lot of history and respect. So I can't knock their choice of a guest character. I'll definitely try him out if he get's cheap to afford.

However, if you're wanting classic Tekken characters, you're SOL for at least one more character announcement. I'm thinking it will be a DOA or Virtua Fighter character, but who knows. I still don't think we're getting any more Tekken characters ever.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

This is good for fans of this character I suppose but for me, eh, can't say I'm interested. I don't have any previous connections to him and 2D fighters look odd in Tekken. His combos look like a nightmare to go up against though so it will be fun smashing his face in.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 07-17-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I've never heard of him before. Apart from Tekken I'm a complete noob when it comes to knowing anything about fighting games.

How many players here use stick?

Str8 Pimpin'

I've tried way it in the past (Like PS1 era), but I'm so used to D-pad that I felt like it set me too far back.

I thought the transition be easy from time in the arcades as a kid, but the home sticks just didn't feel the same. I've heard the sticks now are much better, but it's been many, many years since I've been to any sort of arcade. I think any ability I had with a stick would be gone.

I imagine stick would be better if I put the work in, it's just tough to accept letting go of all that time learning movements on the D-pad.

Plus good sticks are $100 dollars or more.

Articles

FFXIV Character

I've never used an arcade stick, controller all the way. I'm with sharky; too expensive and I'd probably regret buying it.

Anyway I've been practising my Jin if anyone wants a game! Haven't fought you for ages Rocket but I see you online busy with FFXII!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Hearing pretty much everyone else in the thread so far say, "WTF is Geese Howard?" makes me think the next character is going to be someone more mainstream and/or modern.

Geese is really cool, but SNK games weren't super popular in the 90's in the west, and now there's a generation of players who don't really know the Fatal Fury series or other SNK properties from then that well.

So obviously they aren't going to be too interested in Geese, just from hearing the name.

So who do we think the other new player will be? A lot of people seem to think/want it to be Kiryu. That might be interesting. I wouldn't be as interested since I haven't gotten into the Yakuza series, but he is a brawler and at least he wouldn't be another fireball character.

I think to keep it balanced, they might try a modern female character though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Well the Geese reveal trailer on the official Namco Youtube has 13,000 likes so there are clearly people out there who are excited for him.

I never even heard of Fatal Fury before this but I suppose it makes sense to add in a character from another fighter to draw in a crowd who might not be interested in Tekken otherwise.

But yeah, I think they will add a female for the Spring 2018 DLC. I know a lot of people were asking for 2B from NieR Automata, but I don't see that happening because of the source games PS4 exclusitivity. She'd make a good character though and would stop Yoshi from being the only blade wielder. It'll probably be a female from another fighting game that I have no idea about.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are rumors it might be a DOA character, so I would guess *IF* that were the case it would be Kasumi or Honoka, since they put Honoka in a crap ton of stuff. She's in Senran Kagura now and she's going to be in a Dynasty Warriors style game as well.

It says something about how disappointed I am with Tekken 7 that I don't want to see Honoka (whom I adore) in Tekken 7 because I think they will ruin her

But again this is all just speculation

Honoka is pretty popular. She might show up.

Kasumi would be a legacy character for sure, if they're trying to get classic characters from other series. There's already Yoshi and Raven, but she's a different kind of ninja. If anything her acrobatic style might be too much like lots of the other acrobatic characters already in Tekken.

Kokoro or Hitomi would be interesting, as there aren't characters exactly like them in Tekken. The closest character I can think of with Hitomi's hard-style karate is Paul Phoenix. As for Kokoro, it's pretty different, but Leo might be the closest thing.

If it is DOA, and it is a guy, I wonder what the reaction would be to Brad Wong? He's the closest thing DOA has to Lei Wulong. I think it'd piss people off, personally, but who knows.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I've tried way it in the past (Like PS1 era), but I'm so used to D-pad that I felt like it set me too far back.

I thought the transition be easy from time in the arcades as a kid, but the home sticks just didn't feel the same. I've heard the sticks now are much better, but it's been many, many years since I've been to any sort of arcade. I think any ability I had with a stick would be gone.

I imagine stick would be better if I put the work in, it's just tough to accept letting go of all that time learning movements on the D-pad.

I'm surprised. I guessed you would have played on stick if you used King. I try do some of King's chain grabs, but they don't work properly the vast majority of the time. Even his giant swing grab can't come out successfully 50% of the time. That's where I think stick really excels along with movement inputs. Maybe it's the way I'm holding the pad (I play with my two thumbs), I dunno!

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Anyway I've been practising my Jin if anyone wants a game! Haven't fought you for ages Rocket but I see you online busy with FFXII!

We can play later. I think we're the same time-zone so any time after 5pm is good with me! I assume I have you added on PS4? If not my PSN is (SPOILER)novi_glitzko. Let's test that Jin!

I think to keep it balanced, they might try a modern female character though.
    I think this is almost a guarantee. Wouldn't it be great if we had someone like Chun-li? I know we already have Akuma but having such a well known character would be cool to play with in a different fighter style personally as I didn't know of Akuma before T7.

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post

I'm surprised. I guessed you would have played on stick if you used King. I try do some of King's chain grabs, but they don't work properly the vast majority of the time. Even his giant swing grab can't come out successfully 50% of the time. That's where I think stick really excels along with movement inputs. Maybe it's the way I'm holding the pad (I play with my two thumbs), I dunno!
    I get by okay. I can get giant swing 90% of the time, and his chain throws are fine. I think it comes from all those 2D fighters that required half-circle/quarter-circle/360 motions on D-Pad as a kid.

That is why I think stick might be better in the long run, but I also think I have too many years on a D-Pad to drop $200 on a realiable, quality stick that will probably make me worse for at least 6 months before it makes me better.

What stick do you have?

Articles

FFXIV Character

I use pad too :/ My concerns of buying a stick are the same as yours. I would like to try it at some point though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post

We can play later. I think we're the same time-zone so any time after 5pm is good with me! I assume I have you added on PS4? If not my PSN is (SPOILER)novi_glitzko. Let's test that Jin!
    You know it's been a long day in work when someone says they seen you play FFXII online and you continue to ask for their PSN.

Str8 Pimpin'