Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Aka, the actual story. Before some mod sees fit to move this thread, I hate to tell you that Square Enix is involved heavily in Brotherhood, and in fact is listed in large print in the credits. Disscuss Brotherhood, or the manga if you read it. Don't talk about the rewritten show. Now to start with...
    I NOW LOVEEEEEEE <3<3<3<3<3 Brotherhood, I read the manga, but the anime captures it perfectly without adding filler, by far the best anime Ive ever seen.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Fullmetal Alchemist is published by Square Enix.

Well there was no need for filler because the story was already done. Ling is a great character, Pride is creepy and Al is always adorable. Izumi is also a great character.

I'm not much of an anime fan, but I really like Brotherhood. The other FMA anime was terrible though, IMO, especially when compared to Brotherhood.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Before some mod sees fit to move this thread, I hate to tell you that Square Enix is involved heavily in Brotherhood, and in fact is listed in large print in the credits.
    Yes, it's a well known fact, although "heavily involved" is a term I would use when describing M. Night Shyamalan's involvement with Avatar: The Last Airbender. As qwerty pointed out, SE published FMA. Actually, Enix published FMA originally. Also, SE was listed in the credits of the original series as well.

Before you see fit to tell some mod how to do their job, I should like to point out that General SE is part of the video game forums, so a thread about a manga or anime, even if it is a Square Enix production, still belongs in The Lounge.

As for the topic, I've seen one episode of Brotherhood. I honestly don't see a difference, but I suppose I should watch more before I make any judgement. It's also been quite some time since I've seen the original series.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've been thinking of watching Brotherhood and just skipping around a lot. I loved the first series, and the manga I never bothered with. But I've caught some of the late episodes of Brotherhood and they seem interesting enough to go through the series again.

EDIT:

(Also Tomb Raider is technically Square Enix now, but we still discuss it in General Gaming P:</>)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The reason why there are two anime series for FMA is because when the first anime was being aired the manga was not finished. Additionally, FMA was a monthly serialization, so it was inevitable that the anime would quickly catch up to the manga. So the story branches off in the middle.

Brotherhood is an adaption of the full story in the manga, so at first the two anime will appear very similar. So a few characters remain the same (like Huges) other characters are very different (Sloth for example) while some only exist in one adaption (like Dante for the first and Father for Brotherhood) They are both good and should be watched. FMA is an amazing series and everyone should watch or read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary G13 View Post
    As for the topic, I've seen one episode of Brotherhood. I honestly don't see a difference, but I suppose I should watch more before I make any judgement. It's also been quite some time since I've seen the original series.
    Up until the appearance of Greed, the two shows are very similar. After that, they split off in totally different directions.

This is also why the first thirteen or fourteen episodes of Brotherhood are so rushed. They figured most people watching Brotherhood had seen the original FMA, and so they didn't need to go as in-depth. Personally, this is one of my largest gripes with the show, as I think they skipped at least two important episodes, and Brotherhood seems to have a better execution in general.

FMA was my favorite manga, and I am glad they finally translated it to the anime. Brotherhood is excellent.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I actually enjoyed the first FMA, but once I saw Brotherhood I thought this was the way it SHOULD have been. I like them both, but Brotherhood more.

I've only seen the first episode of brother hood, and I don't think it opens up nearly as well. Other then that I've not been motivated enough, though I'll probably get around to it later.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

The original FMA started well, but then just lost pace. Brotherhood was just amazing start to finish
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

I actually thought it ran well up until that god awful movie.