Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you answer unknown calls?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Never. They are almost always wrong number calls, and the voice mails are generally more amusing than if I talk to them on the phone. Also, I have pretty bad anxiety with phones, and I don't handle talking to people I don't really know very well.

Based on the wrong number texts and voice mails I've received, I've been someone's grandfather, mom, brother, sister, uncle, possibly a gang member, a cheating whore, Zebediah, etc etc. I'm always confused by the voice mails since my message on the thing is clearly a guy's voice saying "Hi this is Scott, leave a message" or whatever. But then I'll get a voice mail saying something along the lines of "Hi mom, this is your daughter! Just making sure we are still meeting up today. You know the number, so just call me back. Love ya!"

I've asked people "who is this" when an unknown number texts "Happy Thanksgiving" only to receive very disappointed texts that I didn't know who my own granddaughter was. I was very disappointed when I once got a "good morning sunshine! <3<3" text and was then told "sorry, wrong number"
    Haha, seems like you've had your fair share! But don't lie to us, we know you're in a gang really. Why do you think I tried calling? I needed you to get it done.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What is wrong with most of you? Of course I answer it, it could be important. And the 'if it was important they would leave a message' bulltrout isn't a good excuse to not answer your phone. It could be too urgent to leave a message.

If you ignore a call because you don't know the phone number, then you are just being a dick.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World View Post
    If you ignore a call because you don't know the phone number, then you are just being a dick.
    *If I had a magic lamp*

"Genie, my first wish is to make every phone call that Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World receives be from a cold caller!"
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Only sometimes, but I regret it every time.

I orbit around both camps, those answer them and those who don't. If I'm busy, bored, if I'm not up yet, or just not in the mood to pick up the call I don't. If they insist and there is nothing keeping me from it, I might pick up just out of curiosity to see who wants to bother me so much; not that it ever matters, as it's nearly never of any relevance to me.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

No, but I rarely get calls like that.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are a few times I have forgotten to put in someone's number and they called. I was like wtf who is this and didn't answer, but then they just left a text message saying that I need to get my voicemail set up and that I'm a noob so I know automatically they're definitely a friend.

I don't even answer it when it says MOM. Some stranger has no chance.

Blog Entries

What is wrong with most of you? Of course I answer it, it could be important. And the 'if it was important they would leave a message' bulltrout isn't a good excuse to not answer your phone. It could be too urgent to leave a message.

Then I am a dick on a daily basis. Maybe when I let old ladies cross the street it makes up for it?

I don't like talking on the phone with people who I want to talk to so why would I talk to people I probably don't want to talk to?
    Also, I hardly ever check voicemails either. like once a week I'll just check my voice mail and push #7 really fast until the messages are all gone.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Maybe when I let old ladies cross the street it makes up for it?
    Why would you not let old ladies cross the street? They have as much right as anyone else to cross the road. Why do they need your permission? Who made you Lord High Inquisitor of Elderly Female Street Traversing?

ANSWER ME!!!

escobert, you are a monster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Maybe when I let old ladies cross the street it makes up for it?
    Why would you not let old ladies cross the street? They have as much right as anyone else to cross the road. Why do they need your permission? Who made you Lord High Inquisitor of Elderly Female Street Traversing?

ANSWER ME!!!

escobert, you are a monster.
    Your queen made me Lord High Inquisitor of Elderly Female Street Traversing!

Sometimes you must show those old ladies that not all in life in fair! They get far too comfortable! I like to ban them from street traversing between the hours of 9am to 9 PM. Really puts a stink in their day!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I suppose you're right. We can't let these senile old farts cross roads unchallenged whenever they like. We'd have mayhem. The roads will be littered with boiled sweets, knitting needles and bobble hats. Someone should just lock these f***ers up before they cause some serious damage.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Being an unemployed and lonely lass who gets bored easily - yes, yes I do answer the unknown calls.

Just last week I had a telemarketer call me up offering me a wonderful discounted holiday.... I will provide a bit of a transcript.

"Hello is this Mr Baffull?"

"No it's not, who is calling?"

"This is Adam from Easy Bright and we're offering you a fantastic deal."

"Oh well this is Mrs Baffull, what's the deal about"

"Holiday anywhere in Australia for 2 weeks for $175 all costs covered for your meals and excursions"

"Oh well you're calling at the right time Adam, I need a little getaway... Do you offer Tasmania?"

"Yes we offer Tasmania."

"Fantastic, I need to get off the mainland. I pissed my neighbour off last week you see."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that."

"I ran over their cat. They don't like when you do that you know!"

"I am sorry Mrs Baffull this is not a personal call. So you want to go to Tasmania?"

"I mean, it was pissing on my front door every day I was sick of the little trout!"

"Yes, so Tasmania I have put you down for it."

"I had tried to poison it but it didn't eat the food."

"Okay so will it be you and your husband going on this holiday"

"I mean I dunno."

"Where is your husband Mrs Baffull?"

"I dunno. You'll have to ask him, he's out all the time at all hours of the night I think he's bloody got a mistress on the go."

"I'm sorry to hear that Mrs Baffull so will it just be you going to Tasmania?"

"Well can I take my kids?"

"Yes we can add your children on there."

"Okay I've got 7 of them. SEVEN. And I'm only 31."

"That is very good to have 7 children by 31, that must be very hard work Mrs Baffull."

"Yeah you've got no idea - i've just been popping them out and they all had big heads! do you know what that does to your body?"

"I.. err... so 7 kids and you to Tasmania."

"Hang on a second Adam - *covers phone* OI. YOU LITTLE trout, STOP HITTING YOUR SISTER OR I'M GONNA COME OVER THERE AND BEAT THE trout OUT OF YOU YOU LITTLE ."

"Sorry about that Adam, those bloody kids."

"Okay, so now we will pay for the holiday I just need your address Mrs Baffull."

"Sure, it's number 32"

"Number 32.."

"And you might want to spell this one out because it's long, so I'll spell it out for you okay."

"Okay Mrs Baffull thank you for your time."

"Okay, it's swearingP - H - U - C - K - O - F - F - U - C - U - N - T road."

-line goes dead-

I had Pheesh's mum falling over laughing listening to it.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You aren't obligated to answer a phone call because someone calls you. If they leave a message, then it's a social contract that you should fulfill and call the person back (if you feel like it). Otherwise, it could be a random stranger, it could be someone whose number you deleted because you don't want to talk to them anymore, it could be a telemarketer. If it's important, people will leave a message and get in contact with you. If it isn't, them they don't.

Unknown numbers do not get the privilege of being answered!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Only once but it was from the college I contacted and I just forgot their number.

Now most of my calls go straight to voice mail. Only problem is I can't remember my password for voice mail so I can't listen to any of them. Oops.