Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Streams

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Default Eyes on Streams

Have you heard of Twitch.tv? It's a place people play games while streaming video and commentary. It's a nice way to interact.

Recently we added a Twitch Username field to everyone's user profiles on the forum. If you have a Twitch account, fill it in there. Once you have, your account will appear on our shiny new Eyes on Streams page. (Name and URL subject to change.)

Eyes on Streams

When you're live, a preview of your video and some statistics will show up on that page. When you're bored on the forums, you can check that page out and see if any other EoFFers are currently streaming. More features will follow in the coming weeks once we finish up our impending server move.

I'm going to be streaming some games later tonight. Probably Spelunky. Come watch! Hit the Follow button on Twitch if you haven't already, if you'd like to be notified by email when the people you've followed are going live.

QUESTION: Do you stream on Twitch? What game(s)? What features would you like to see on EoFF to help you connect with EoFFers on Twitch?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you should link back to EoFF from your Twitch pages. Throw us a bone.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't played in awhile, but last time I did I was doing a new game (normal) of Chrono Trigger. I also played through a good chunk of EarthBound, as well. I will also randomly stream whatever here and there.

I really should stream again soon. I added my twitch name to my profile for the record.

Blog Entries

I sometimes stream on my guilds channel while I lead In World vs World in GW2.
    Last edited by escobert; 12-18-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

yahoo mail

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I love the way a preview pops up when someone is live. This is a super neat idea and I hope we get lots of people streaming!

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I sometimes stream Hearthstone and Legend of Mana, but it's not a regular fixture.

Also, if you're in the chatroom, Aexoden's !stream trigger will also list people who are streaming that he has added to his script.

And then there is Death

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Neat. I'll be doing my first Twitch stream on Sunday.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

I am about to stream Mario 64 with no mic or camera because I am in an inopportune location with my laptop to do so. However, when I get home later, I might play with some stuff like that on. Basically, I haven't really used the 64 emulator too much before, so I am testing it out for a bit. Come and watch if you like!

I won't link because I want people to use Unne's page he set up!

EDIT: For some reason, it won't let me broadcast even though I get a connection. It always shows me as offline. Gonna try to hash this out.

EDIT 2: Yeah, I have no idea why it doesn't want to work. I guess I'll try a different day!
    Last edited by Sephex; 12-20-2013 at 01:28 AM.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

I like that you already added me without having to say anything about it. Yay! I suppose I could update my channel data once in a while. :3

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I streamed Morrowind for a few hours the other day. Much to my surprise there were people who showed up to watch-- not even people I know-- and they were really excited that SOMEONE was streaming Morrowind.

Gonna do it again next time I'm not working all day

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I am about to stream Mario 64 with no mic or camera because I am in an inopportune location with my laptop to do so. However, when I get home later, I might play with some stuff like that on. Basically, I haven't really used the 64 emulator too much before, so I am testing it out for a bit. Come and watch if you like!

EDIT: For some reason, it won't let me broadcast even though I get a connection. It always shows me as offline. Gonna try to hash this out.

EDIT 2: Yeah, I have no idea why it doesn't want to work. I guess I'll try a different day!
    Twitch rolled out a new backend for their video system last week. One side effect is a 30-60 second lag, so when you start your broadcast, video might not show up on Twitch for 60 seconds. So maybe wait for a little while after you start broadcasting and see if it shows up.

Twitch is working on fixing this, which I hope they do because it makes it very hard to talk to your chat when they're 60 seconds behind you.

I'm starting to mass-favorite EoFFers on Twitch, so maybe I'll catch one of you streaming one day.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post

Twitch rolled out a new backend for their video system last week. One side effect is a 30-60 second lag, so when you start your broadcast, video might not show up on Twitch for 60 seconds. So maybe wait for a little while after you start broadcasting and see if it shows up.

Twitch is working on fixing this, which I hope they do because it makes it very hard to talk to your chat when they're 60 seconds behind you.

I'm starting to mass-favorite EoFFers on Twitch, so maybe I'll catch one of you streaming one day.

Oh, okay. The thing that made me think there was an error was because I saw my own feed attempt to load, then it went back to saying it was offline. Next time I'll wait a bit and see what happens, but I probably won't be able to try again in a few days.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Another thing is I think Twitch's new system requires CBR. They've been recommending CBR since September, but I think it's mandatory now. If you're using VBR, I have no idea what it'll do.

Twitch.TV | Better Broadcasting with Constant Bitrat...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thanks again! I shall look into that as well next time I stream.