Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Oh hey, Cid's on Kotaku...

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You did??? I didn't remember that. You had a more roundabout path to EoFF than through FFWA, though. Weren't you part of Edge's EzBoard? (lol Edge I still can't believe Elyse ever dated him ahaha) I don't think I ever met you until tGA started.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pantz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    while taking a dump on my smart phone, I would have said, "That sounds like neat technology. Can't wait until it comes out!"
    And yet you treat it like that.
    Surf *****ing is efficient.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFO > FFWA > some guy posted about tGA eZBoard that he needed help to be turks so i immediately jumped on the idea and registered a global ezboard handle of reno leonheart. then tGA and cheesecake and nuthouse were the only places i really hung out. there was another board i don't remember the name of it. some girl with an a name, and NIAP ran it?

anyway then this one weekend in 2000 i was bored at my uncles so i regged here cause i knew you lot hung out here for some reason. i made like 5 posts that weekend and left forever.

Well this certainly brought back a lot of old memories. I wonder if anyone remembers me and Lostnumber?
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I remember the both of ya.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Quote Originally Posted by starseeker View Post
    Well this certainly brought back a lot of old memories. I wonder if anyone remembers me and Lostnumber?
    Of course! There's a plan in action for Losty at the minute, I think.

Anyways...
    I WAS banned for like 4 years and came back 2 or maybes 3 years ago, I can't remember.
    BUT, I still have plenty of memories. I lurked here for donkey's years before registering and eventually getting banned for being a total nonce but hey... IT HAPPENS.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

I know that feeling, Cid. I do a lot of stuff around the internet under a different name or two and it is always awkward when someone goes, 'Oh, you're also ________ too? Lemme do a google search of everything you've ever posted ever." It makes you feel pants-less but in a bad way.

Yes. I had a crush on PG when I was in high school for like a week or two. He shouldn't be surprised. It was obvious. Lol pika pika pfft. If we take a moment to consider the timing of all this, that was easily about 12 years ago.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

I came over here as a result of reading the article. Sounded like my kind of community.

I'm 99% sure I was here a long long time ago but it was at a time in which I joined many forums under many usernames and only stuck around on a select few.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Well written article.

It makes you wonder though, what if something were to happen to LB now?

Also, I agree with Raist, I don't think this article gets Cid cool-points with the school kids. EoFF isn't Reddit. Only old people play on forums anymore. XD

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    It makes you wonder though, what if something were to happen to LB now?
    Don't kill me off! But EoFF would go on without me, I'm sure of that. I don't do much these days besides get my sig abused mercilessly.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm all for manlove. Just not in my signature.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I think it's time for another All-Male Group Hug in BoB's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    anyway then this one weekend in 2000 i was bored at my uncles so i regged here cause i knew you lot hung out here for some reason. i made like 5 posts that weekend and left forever.
    If only!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Is that reno who just registered?
    No at all!

Thanks to you, Wes, my partner of 6 1/2 years finally learned about my "secret" life here and just how involved I used to be.

Not that I tried to hide it but my decline in activity here does roughly correspond to meeting her. I guess I too was looking for meaningful relationships but happened to find it outside EoFF.

Both she and I think your article is brilliantly written. In the desert of mediocre writing that is the internet your piece stands out as an oasis of journalism. Or some other superlative metaphor.

And we look forward to hanging out soon! Thanks so much for doing something wonderful for this community. I will fondly remember this homage to the pioneering, "wild west" internet.

Also Fuzy that is f'ing hilarious! I've known you and PG how long now?! Oh man...

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Thanks to you, Wes, my partner of 6 1/2 years finally learned about my "secret" life here and just how involved I used to be.

Not that I tried to hide it but my decline in activity here does roughly correspond to meeting her. I guess I too was looking for meaningful relationships but happened to find it outside EoFF.

Both she and I think your article is brilliantly written. In the desert of mediocre writing that is the internet your piece stands out as an oasis of journalism. Or some other superlative metaphor.

And we look forward to hanging out soon! Thanks so much for doing something wonderful for this community. I will fondly remember this homage to the pioneering, "wild west" internet.

Also Fuzy that is f'ing hilarious! I've known you and PG how long now?! Oh man...
    Too much! I'm just glad I could write something meaningful that expressed some of the importance this place had on me without making it about me. I got to be personal without being indulgent.

And now your wife knows just how much of a nerd you are!