Thread: setting up a psx emulator on windows 7

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default setting up a psx emulator on windows 7

Hey guys, I am on a new(ish now) laptop and haven't yet re-established my PSX emulator so I can't play my old ps1 games I love such as FFIX and Vagrant Story ect ect. So I was wondering if you guys could furnish me with the best possible emulator for use with Windows 7 and also if it's EPSXE could you (no more bookmarked links unfortunately) supply me with a decent set of drivers for both sound and video. I know about Petes and Pseudopops but the links I have found in the forum archives don't seem to be working properly

I would suggest getting Pete's plugins directly from his site: Pete's PSX GPU plugins . Even though it is quite old, Eternal spu still works just fine: http://www.zophar.net/download_file/3260. Windows 7 works fine with ePSXe so definitely stick with it. You have version 1.7.0 right?

There are slight problems with ePSXe on 7, like screens being flickery but just experiment with the settings, test them all and see which ones fit you
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

MEGAUPLOAD - ePSXe

Works for W7x64

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually managed to fix this some time ago now Dennis, though I figure it's good to share this information with others incase they have trouble too

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is beautiful.

I thank you in strong Russian ayksent.

Mods don't be hatin'.

Blog Entries

I prefer pSX emulator over epsxe since I can make save states outside the quicksave slots.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Project G View Post
    There are slight problems with ePSXe on 7, like screens being flickery but just experiment with the settings, test them all and see which ones fit you
    I've only ever seen the flickering issue when using OpenGL plugins. Even then, it was only with ATI cards. It was easily resolved by adding older ATI OpenGL drivers to the ePSXe folder.