Thread: James & Mike Mondays

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default James & Mike Mondays

Has anyone checked this show out? It's by the guy who does the Angry Video Game Nerd videos, only he's being himself and playing with his friend Mike from Mike Glitches every Monday. They mostly play old Nintendo games, but every now and again they'll play something from Sega, Atari, PlayStation, and A couple of other old consoles that I never had. I think I like these videos a little better than his AVGN videos because James is just chilled, and somehow seems more into the games he's playing. They're like Let's Plays, if Let's Plays were edited and you saw the guys actually sitting on the couch.

I'll just go ahead and post their latest video as a reference.

I'm hoping one day they play Battletoads/Double Dragon. Because they already did videos with Double Dragon and Battletoads, and I'd love to see them play the crossover game. Seems like a no brainier.

I watch em every now and again. But as far as the couch oriented gaming banter sessions go I generally watch game grumps. But I still like James and have much respect for him and give views and likes on his stuff frequently. I don't find him or avgn as entertaining as I used to. But he set the stage and paved the way for everything I do like on YouTube

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I like these. I like when they have Bootsy on there, because he's a really good gamer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I have something new to look forward to on Mondays.

btw, Colonel, I think you got this confused with the AVGN because they haven't done a J&M Mondays on Superman 64. I looked through all their videos on their site and didn't find one. They might do it somewhere down the line, but I don't know what all they have planned there.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

btw, Colonel, I think you got this confused with the AVGN because they haven't done a J&M Mondays on Superman 64. I looked through all their videos on their site and didn't find one. They might do it somewhere down the line, but I don't know what all they have planned there.
    Who in god's name are you talking to? I didn't say anything about Superman 64. BTW, they're never going to play that game on J&M.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

Who in god's name are you talking to? I didn't say anything about Superman 64. BTW, they're never going to play that game on J&M.

Colonel Angus - 12-23-2014 09:57 PM Report

awesome list!

Did you see the Mike & James Play video on Superman 64?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Ah that was a nerd video, not J&M. you expect me to remember a post made a few weeks ago.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Ah that was a nerd video, not J&M. you expect me to remember a post made a few weeks ago.
    I remember it so you don't have to.

How can you ever go wrong with Mega Man 2?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the videos sometimes, but I'm just not a huge fan of Mike Matei. Now, I like Mike Matei well enough in his more informative videos by himself. I also like him as some of the characters in the AVGN videos. I just don't think he's very funny. He even has the same type of humor as James Rolfe, but his delivery just doesn't work for me. They both seem like terribly nice people though, and I'd love to meet them someday.I still want another Board James video.