Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Yuffie episode coming with the PS5 port of FF7 Remake

Saw this on the SE Facebook page.

And here's the trailer:

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

looks cool that for sure means she's part of the party in the next one right

pumped to watch it on YouTube cause no ps5 lol

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Is that guy in her chapter a new character?

Does the game really look that better on PS5? I can't tell on my TV.

I wish the DLC would come on the PS4, too. I guess I'll have to watch it and play it once I have a PS5, which won't happen soon.

Hopefully it eventually comes included with the next chapter of FF7R or even sold separately because I really don't want to have to buy a PS5 plus a remaster of a game I've already bought and beaten just for a DLC episode.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

you won't have to buy the remaster if you already have the original ff7r on ps4, you get a free downloadable upgrade to ff7ri. then you just have to pay for the yuffie dlc
    of course the entry fee is a ps5.... which is the bottleneck here

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aww man, I wish they made this available for the PS4 version. It looks pretty fun and my kids love Yuffie.

Interesting that she is mostly a close combat and not a ranged fighter.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Is that guy in her chapter a new character?
    Yeah pretty sure.

I wondered for a minute if they gave a Wutai NPC the "Johnny treatment" but I think he's new new.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I initially wasn't really interested in Yuffie DLC but it actually looks pretty fun.

Cool, i like the moogle outfit. her character sounds a lot less bratty than in the original, and i like that. i think she's going to be good. i hope she's not relegated to Just DLC and makes an appearance in the sequel, though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Yuffie looks like so much fun to play as - I honestly didn't think we'd get to see her at all until Part 2. Her team attack with Sonnon makes me think what other team attacks they could put in place in later parts. For example Yuffie jumping off of Clouds sword or Cids spear.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Honestly don't understand why, if they were going to add another playable character in extra content, they didn't choose to make Red XIII playable. Their expressed rationale for not making Red XIII playable in the first place was that he joins so late in the game it wasn't worth it to fully add skills and everything to make him a playable character. Well, Yuffie doesn't join in the game at all, so why does it make sense to add episodes for her and make her playable, while Red XIII remains an NPC?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Honestly don't understand why, if they were going to add another playable character in extra content, they didn't choose to make Red XIII playable. Their expressed rationale for not making Red XIII playable in the first place was that he joins so late in the game it wasn't worth it to fully add skills and everything to make him a playable character. Well, Yuffie doesn't join in the game at all, so why does it make sense to add episodes for her and make her playable, while Red XIII remains an NPC?
    I do agree with you, yet at the same time I can see why they made the decision to make a Yuffie DLC and I'm pretty sure it has to do with her "secret character" status. People were worried that she wouldn't appear in the remake even though she was made canon in the rest of the compilation, and this episode cements the fact that yes, she's in, and look how amazing she'll be. It's a shame that the element of surprise has gone by "us" meeting Yuffie, but I'm really intrigued to find out how this DLC ties to Yuffie's escape from Midgar and how she's written in to actually meeting the party for the first time. Really, really hoping that we still get to fight her. Now that we know how she can fight ohhh boy it'll be good.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah I think if you're gonna do a DLC character, it's Yuffie. Vincent, the other secret character, actually has some tie in with Sephiroth, but everything that happens with Yuffie is separate from the main plot.
    I was bummed about Red not being playable though. They did a really fantastic job with his intro into the remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I want to know who her VA is! I swear I've heard her before, and it's driving me a little crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.