Thread: The quick and easy way to Abolish/Spread card rules.

Default The quick and easy way to Abolish/Spread card rules.

This video is of me abolishing Random and Elemental from the Dollet region, and then spreading the Open rule to it.

[SPOILER ALERT]
    YouTube - FF8 *No Levelling* - #96 - Abolishing Random & Elemental
    Last edited by Cyric; 12-06-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dollet no offense Cyric is relatively easy to clear of bad rules. I think the hardest one was Lunar before going up there so you could just destroy their hands to acquire Laguna and Alexanders cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Dollet no offense Cyric is relatively easy to clear of bad rules. I think the hardest one was Lunar before going up there so you could just destroy their hands to acquire Laguna and Alexanders cards.
    None taken, but this wasn't to show-off. This was just to help people learn how to do it that were curious about it. I'm well aware of the difficulty in manipulating the Lunar Gate rules.

The games I've beaten...

Blog Entries

Well the next thing to mention for curious players is:

When eradicating the final rules to spread open and your trade rule to the region in Esthar and Lunar you'll see they play:

Same/Same Wall
    Plus

Alongside elemental, random and a few other nasties. To successfully eradicate the rules here you actually want to keep Same Wall in the rules, you need to get rid of Same as usual heres why; Same Wall relies on Same being in the area and active for it to work. Therefore when you delete Same from Esthar Same Wall is de-activated. Take out all the other rules as standard but re-set if same wall is abolished.

When eradicating the final rules to spread open and your trade rule to the region in Esthar and Lunar you'll see they play:

Same/Same Wall
    Plus

Alongside elemental, random and a few other nasties. To successfully eradicate the rules here you actually want to keep Same Wall in the rules, you need to get rid of Same as usual heres why; Same Wall relies on Same being in the area and active for it to work. Therefore when you delete Same from Esthar Same Wall is de-activated. Take out all the other rules as standard but re-set if same wall is abolished.

Would you be able to demonstrate that in a video? That was the whole idea behind my video. There are countless lists of instructions in TEXT on the net that describe how to do this type of thing, but nothing compares to seeing it actually being done.

The games I've beaten...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post

Same/Same Wall
    Plus

Would you be able to demonstrate that in a video? That was the whole idea behind my video. There are countless lists of instructions in TEXT on the net that describe how to do this type of thing, but nothing compares to seeing it actually being done.
    I'm not really sure on that, I mean sure I can abolish the rules ect but heres the deal: I work lots, I move house and lose my net connection (unless I can dip in on someone elses network at my new place until mine is up) in very early Jan. I also have next to no experience of filming my games, editing them together and such and I also would need to work my ass up to disc 3 to show this when the only FFVIII save file I currently have (since the death of my ps1 mem card is on an emulator) is disc 1. However I can help you find the guys needed to change the rules and you could do videos. I remember there being an Estharian and a Trabian before you get to Esthar or Trabia. One person I believe was actually in Deling City, you know the screen where the shops are? They're about the middle of the screen on the "other side" of the street than if you got the public transport from Deling Station/General Caraways. Send me a screen shot and I'll point them out. The other person was in G-Garden during the Garden to Garden conflict. You need to hammer Cerberus out of the way first. Also I didn't notice if you picked up Angelo in the video but thats available in Timber.

I'm not really sure on that, I mean sure I can abolish the rules ect but heres the deal: I work lots, I move house and lose my net connection (unless I can dip in on someone elses network at my new place until mine is up) in very early Jan. I also have next to no experience of filming my games, editing them together and such and I also would need to work my ass up to disc 3 to show this when the only FFVIII save file I currently have (since the death of my ps1 mem card is on an emulator) is disc 1. However I can help you find the guys needed to change the rules and you could do videos. I remember there being an Estharian and a Trabian before you get to Esthar or Trabia. One person I believe was actually in Deling City, you know the screen where the shops are? They're about the middle of the screen on the "other side" of the street than if you got the public transport from Deling Station/General Caraways. Send me a screen shot and I'll point them out. The other person was in G-Garden during the Garden to Garden conflict. You need to hammer Cerberus out of the way first. Also I didn't notice if you picked up Angelo in the video but thats available in Timber.
    To get one thing out of the way, no I didn't get the Angelo Card from Watts on my first way through Timber. I waited until he was on the White SeeD Ship when I had abolished the Random, Same and Plus rules from Centra. It's possible to abolish the Same rule from Timber the first time, but you can't spread the Open rule. The way I did it, I was playing with Balamb's rules......

As for killing the rules, are you talking about directly affecting the rules in the Lunar region? Or just which people to talk to in order to abolish rules before you reach that particular place? ie. playing a Trabian card player to abolish Trabia's rules from somewhere other than Trabia. I'm still a few videos away from being able to attempt abolishing the Lunar rules, but it is coming up fairly quick.

The games I've beaten...

Blog Entries

The people I speak of are tourists/exchange students so when you play them they're using their own rules before you go to their home countries. This allows you to do some of the leg work of abolishing rules prior to having to go there with a friendly set of rules right nearby.