Thread: FUUUUUUU- *breaks computer*

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default FUUUUUUU- *breaks computer*

Need a female Smeargle to Sketch Yawn from Togetic, but they are faster than poor Togetic. Finally got one to appear (they are stupid uncommon) and it becomes apparent that I forgot to equip the item that would speed up my Togetic and allow her to strike first. Smeargle uses Sketch, Togetic then uses Yawn. Utterly worthless. Now I have to do it all again and desperately hope another female appears.

How often do you have extremely frustrating moments in games? And how often are they your own doing?

Far too often for me, on both counts. xD

e; Less than a minute after making this thread, a female Smeargle appeared. Thank you, EoFF.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Far too often for me too.

I'm playing LoZ: The Wind Waker right now. I've played Majora's Mask a ridiculous amount of times and I go pretty good at the flower parts where you kind of glide somewhere and the drop.

Wind Waker has a similar mechanic, but this time I absolutely suck at it. Everytime I'm like "Alright, this is good, I'll drop here" and I ALWAYS MISS the first time. This sometimes leads to absurd amounts of back tracking

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    How often do you have extremely frustrating moments in games? And how often are they your own doing?
    Most games I play.

On Buffy I ran into several problems due to the poor game mechanics that constantly make you hit air, hardly being able to jump and control the camera, grab a pipe, and for whatever stupid reason the woman couldn't smurfing swim! But none of those were my fault.

Then there was F.E.A.R. Online where I kept dying over and over and over again before I knew what hit me. That was mostly my fault. I think I killed one guy in death match and then died ten times straight. I did even worse in knife fight.

Then I died a couple of times on FFVI because I either forgot to keep an eye on my health, or didn't know how to put characters in the back row. I also had to do over one scene where you need to memorize a blue spark of light pattern in a cave. That was annoying.

Not very often, but most recently when I think I'm doing ok in a Hearthstone game and then the opponent plays a ridiculously OP card. That frustrates me a lot.

Also when I have teammates who think they can 1 vs 5 in a game Dota.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Unless it is a game with idiotic RNG events, the mistakes I make are always mine unless there is a controller/console malfunction.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

why did you need the female smeargle to use yawn on you?

Need a female Smeargle to Sketch Yawn from Togetic, but they are faster than poor Togetic. Finally got one to appear (they are stupid uncommon) and it becomes apparent that I forgot to equip the item that would speed up my Togetic and allow her to strike first. Smeargle uses Sketch, Togetic then uses Yawn. Utterly worthless. Now I have to do it all again and desperately hope another female appears.

Far too often for me, on both counts. xD

e; Less than a minute after making this thread, a female Smeargle appeared. Thank you, EoFF.
    Why did you need a female specifically? You would need a male to transfer it as an Egg Move. Also, you can just capture it and Sketch it from your Togetic in a Double Battle.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is the extra hilarious thing. I was planning on breeding the Smeargle's to save me having to repeatedly breed Eevees. Unfortunately, I remembered about 15 minutes after catching the female that it doesn't work like that and I've just taken to having the male Sketch everything. xD

This is the extra hilarious thing. I was planning on breeding the Smeargle's to save me having to repeatedly breed Eevees. Unfortunately, I remembered about 15 minutes after catching the female that it doesn't work like that and I've just taken to having the male Sketch everything. xD
    Yeah, Smeargle actually can't get any moves except Sketch from breeding, even if both other parents have it.

Only moves that both parents have that are obtained via level-up will show up as a starter move.

I actually tried to get around this a lot a little while ago with my Vibrava pair. See, in ORAS, Vibrava can learn Boomburst via level up (which is awesome). Flygon can't. Vibrava is the vibration Pokémon, so he's the sound based one. But, since in Gen VI, a move that a Pokémon has as a starter move will be stuck in its relearn set permanently, I spent a long time trying to see if I could breed up a Trapinch with Boomburst. But there's no way to do so. So my lovely Flygon doesn't dare get rid of Boomburst, or it can never relearn it (also, special Flygon is actually a beast, and nobody expects it).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.