Thread: Most Annoying Enemies

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Most Annoying Enemies

Damn you Earth Eater, leave me alone. >=/ Don't get me started on those Aerora-loving ghosties in the cemetery. Sure, I could beat both, but I hated the fights.

Which enemies annoyed you the most during your playthroughs?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I hate the Chocobo Eater constantly chewing me out. And I know what you mean about those Cemetery jerks.

I also hate those flying robotty things you get in the Warren. Desdemona? They won't stagger for love or money. They're not a threat to my life or anything but the fights just take way longer than necessary.

Desert Sahagins in the Dead Dunes because the framerate drops RIDICULOUSLY low, making the game barely even playable. Not sure if it's a problem in the PS3 version but it is VERY much so a staggering issue in the 360 version.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I noticed that last night. There's a certain attack they do - can't remember the name but it's something like sandbar - that really causes the 360 to chug.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't know if you mean the underground Sahagins or the overground ones, but I never had too much of a problem with the overground ones. The underground ones are just annoying because if you time your stagger-inducing block just a little too late, you get thrown high in the air, and sometimes you get it happening again just after you land.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm guessing you've played it on the PS3 version, Loony?

How to Beat Desert Sahagin - Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Boss Guide - YouTube
    I used this as a resource, and there is NO framerate drop at all for the PS3, it seems. The entire fight is sluggishly low to the point where it's IMPOSSIBLE to block unless you block 3 seconds in advance of an attack. At which point is fairly impossible because by the time you see it doing the Rush attack, you're floating in the air, and it takes forever for you to land on the ground. I wonder why there is no footage on it for the 360 version yet. It's embarrassingly bad.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Luna Devika (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Desert Sahagins in the Dead Dunes because the framerate drops RIDICULOUSLY low, making the game barely even playable. Not sure if it's a problem in the PS3 version but it is VERY much so a staggering issue in the 360 version.
    I hated those guys too!

So this is love and See you space cowboy were made for me.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The giant red flans. Ectopudding, maybe? Gaaah I hate those. I escape every time.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

I dunno if this counts, but I really hate (SPOILER)Bhunivelze's final form.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    The giant red flans. Ectopudding, maybe? Gaaah I hate those. I escape every time.
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, several successive hits of Froststrike will freeze one for a while. An ice spell might have the same affect. Dunno.

Earth Eaters and Chocobo Eaters.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

Dryads in the Cemetery, Earth Eaters/Chocobo Eaters, Desert Sahagins, and Bhunivelze.
    Lightning is strong enough to kill them all (except Bhuni) in like five minutes or less.

Oh, Caius Ballard is also a pain in the ass.
    Ride with the steel and the power of the sword.
    Stand up and fight now and forever more.
    Rise through the night sky with daylight's desire.
    To be free there must be Black Fire.
    Black Fire by DragonForce. \m/