Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: E3 2017 | Official Discussion Thread

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

You're right...I know you're right. Ok. Tekken it is. For an hour. Then Big Brother. Then bed. Then alarm for 4:45am *tears* then a catch up with E3 news when I get home! Can't wait to see Detroit.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I was initially skeptical about the Mario + Rabbids crossover, but it actually looks incredible.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah the MarioXRabbids crossover does look pretty good. Not feeling Assassin's Creed Origins, but I feel the franchise lost me after Desmond's story ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Yeah the MarioXRabbids crossover does look pretty good. Not feeling Assassin's Creed Origins, but I feel the franchise lost me after Desmond's story ended.
    I'm actually optimistic about Origins. And Assassin's Creed IV was a fantastic game.

I still wish that they just rebooted the entire AC series. I feel like they're going to abandon the modern story completely in Origins.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It may be for the best to drop it. Frankly, the modern stuff was one of the weak links of the series for me.

ACIV is in my backlog, I simply burned myself out on the franchise back when ACIII came out and simply got distracted by other franchises, so I have yet to play it but have heard good things. I actually liked ACIII as well. I just didn't really see a point in continuing the series after Desmond since he was central to the plot in the beginning and his story conclusion was rather dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    It may be for the best to drop it. Frankly, the modern stuff was one of the weak links of the series for me.

ACIV is in my backlog, I simply burned myself out on the franchise back when ACIII came out and simply got distracted by other franchises, so I have yet to play it but have heard good things. I actually liked ACIII as well. I just didn't really see a point in continuing the series after Desmond since he was central to the plot in the beginning and his story conclusion was rather dull.
    The modern stuff was made Assassin's Creed unique.

The bombshell at the end of ACII was one of the many things that helped make that game memorable. Modern day elements absolutely have a place in AC, they just need to do a better job with it.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I've only ever played the first Assassin's Creed and Unity. Never touched the others so I'm not "burnt out" on it, unlike some. Might give this new one a go...will wait and see how the launch goes first though incase it's a bug fest.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post

The modern stuff was made Assassin's Creed unique.

The bombshell at the end of ACII was one of the many things that helped make that game memorable. Modern day elements absolutely have a place in AC, they just need to do a better job with it.
    I honestly felt the historical element of the series was always the more unique and engaging element rather than boring Desmond and the Artifacts of Eden plotline. Dropping it all together and just focusing on the historical ideological eternal war of the Assassin versus Templar ordeal would better help the series in my opinion. I was done with Desmond and the modern stuff by Brotherhood, and while Revelations got me intrigued again by you know, finally deciding to give actual character development to this guy we'd been following for four games now, ACIII pretty much confirmed my feeling that the AC team really never knew what to do with the modern story or the Precursor subplot. I'm not against a game set in modern times, but I feel we could drop the "explore your ancestors memories to control the ancient conspiracy plot against the ancient precursor people and the apocalypse" and still have a fun series.

In E3 News, I'm surprised after the success of the sailing/pirate mechanic of ACIII/IV that it took Ubisoft this long to spin the mechanic off into it's own new franchise. Looks good, but I could have done without the commentary for the PVP footage.

EDITGA: HOLY trout! BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

I am so happy!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While I'm not a huge fan of some of the bigger games Ubisoft makes, I feel like this was a pretty good press conference actually. Some really good new IPs, a fun crossover, and they're finally making BG&E2.

The AC series felt like it was going to lead up to a modern day game, but they never actually went through with it. Then they began ending modern character stories, so oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

I am so happy!
    I've never had hype ripped away so ridiculously fast before. It being a prequel really felt like a kick to the head.

Can't wait to get home and watch this

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I think it being a prequel makes sense where it's been so long, it allows them to setup some pieces, make lead-ins to the original. If it sells well, then they can release a sequel to the original with the HDoriginal included as a pre-order etc bonus. Good way of bringing in the generation who never experienced the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I think it being a prequel makes sense where it's been so long, it allows them to setup some pieces, make lead-ins to the original. If it sells well, then they can release a sequel to the original with the HDoriginal included as a pre-order etc bonus. Good way of bringing in the generation who never experienced the original.
    Yes, 20 years down the line maybe that will happen xD

I haven't played the original so I can't make any definitive judgments, but I'm led to believe one of the big draws of the original was the protagonist, Jade. A prequel pretty much means no Jade.

They outright stated that it takes place before Jade is born. Depending on how far back it goes I guess it doesn't rule out Peyj or Double H, but still.

Also, Mario+Rabbids actually looks fun, but it could have been a viable game on its own without the rabbids. Maybe I'm just put off that this got a proper crossover with Mario before Sonic. I could see this same game with Badniks and Koopa Troopas instead of the Rayman spawns.