Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tekken EoFFight Club

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default Tekken EoFFight Club

Tekken 7 is out on Friday! Who's picking it up? And for what platform? Let me know and I'll make a list of players for each platform. If you like, post your online ID too so people can request an add if they're on the same platform as you. I'll hide all online ID's behind spoiler tags. If you don't have Tekken 7 but have Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 6 on PS3 or 360 then again, let me know. Let the Tekken EoFFight Club commence!

---------------\o/----------------
    Tekken EoFFight Club Members
    ---------o.O-------:s------------

Pumpkin - T7 (PS4), T6/TTT2 (PS3)
    PSN ID -
    (SPOILER)digupherbones108 shared account with sharkythsharkdogg

pudgy bird - T7 (PS4), TTT2 (PS3)
    PSN ID -
    (SPOILER)kris4shaw

Rocket Edge - T7 (PS4), TTT2 (PS3)
    PSN ID -
    (SPOILER)novi_glitzko
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 05-31-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll be picking it up for PS4! I have Tekken Tag 2 and Tekken 6 as well

ID stuff:
    (SPOILER)digupherbones108 shared account with sharkythsharkdogg

Articles
    Blog Entries

A great idea, but sadly I won't be able to take part. Can't afford Tekken 7 even if I was a super-fan, and I am the worst at fighting games. All those fiddly button presses. Bleh.

I'd love to see some action, though!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    A great idea, but sadly I won't be able to take part. Can't afford Tekken 7 even if I was a super-fan, and I am the worst at fighting games. All those fiddly button presses. Bleh.

I'd love to see some action, though!
    I'm wondering whether Bandai Namco will enable Share Play on PS4? If so there's always the chance of playing one of us that way!

As for being rubbish at Tekken, I used to be terrible. Press anything to win xD But when I started playing TTT2 again I started using practise mode more, and playing properly makes the game a lot more enjoyable.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm still terrible myself but I still have fun. Pretty bummed that Anna might not be in it though

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I'm still terrible myself but I still have fun. Pretty bummed that Anna might not be in it though
    She'll be in it...hidden behind the season pass, more than likely, which includes two new characters and another game mode. Gone are the days of unlocking characters as you play

I'd be interested, but unfortunately I actually decided to pick up Street Fighter V instead. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Too broke to get it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

We used to have some pretty awesome Tekken brawls IRL in arcades at EoFF meet ups! ...and holy crap I just remembered that was thirteen bloody years ago. It'd usually come down to Hwoarang vs Hwoarang. He was everyone's boy for some reason. (he's still my boy tbh)

This'll probably be the first Tekken I don't actually get in Tekken history. I think I'm just too old for fighting games and my brittle wrists can't handle it anymore. Hope you all have a great time with it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    We used to have some pretty awesome brawls IRL in arcades at EoFF meet ups! ...and holy crap I just remembered that was thirteen bloody years ago.

This'll probably be the first Tekken I don't actually get in Tekken history. I think I'm just too old for fighting games and my brittle wrists can't handle it anymore. Hope you all have a great time with it though!
    You're never too old for fighting games.

Alex Valle is 39 years old, and he's still killing it in games like SFV.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Maybe, but I bet his wrists are so mashed up that he can't even hold a pen!

For real though, I used to get incredible RSI from playing the original old skool Tekken on my PS1 when I was 11 or so, so maybe it's a me thing rather than an age thing.

Maybe, but I bet his wrists are so mashed up that he can't even hold a pen!

For real though, I used to get incredible RSI from playing the original old skool Tekken on my PS1 when I was 11 or so, so maybe it's a me thing rather than an age thing.
    You just have to learn to take care of your wrists. It's definitely manageable.

Tons of Street Fighter vets like Justin Wong, Daigo, and Infiltration are in their early 30s and they're still really good. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I'd be interested, but unfortunately I actually decided to pick up Street Fighter V instead. :P
    Then GTFO out and make your own thread for that game :P I never got in to Street Fighter. I only ever played one of the old ones at friends houses though and never really got to learn the moves. I did consider getting SFV when it came out but I decided against it in the end.

We used to have some pretty awesome Tekken brawls IRL in arcades at EoFF meet ups! ...and holy crap I just remembered that was thirteen bloody years ago. It'd usually come down to Hwoarang vs Hwoarang. He was everyone's boy for some reason. (he's still my boy tbh)

Sounds like a pretty good meet up to me! I'm terrible with Hwoarang. I'll practise with his legs in Tekken 7 and let you know how I get on xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Tekken 7 looks good and weird at the same time. The new slow motion feature and the armor moves look great and then Akuma, but then you have weird choices with the roster like Gigas and veterans like Lei and Mokujin absent who are usually in every game. And then you have the lack of P2 and P3 costumes, and the customization is lacking.

Articles

FFXIV Character

I think the new gameplay elements look good, although the novelty of the slow motion attacks might wear off quickly. The new rage system looks to make for some pretty intense battles, though.

As for missing characters, yeah, there are a few fan favourites missing, but personally I'm not too bothered because I didn't use them anyway. It's a shame for those that do though, but at least there's still a nice variety of new characters to choose from, and no bulking out of the double characters like Christie.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 05-31-2017 at 12:09 AM.