Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia V: Official game thread (Day 7 - Game Over. Town Win!)

Edgar:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cid View Post
    But with that thinking, the Mafia could realize this and just start a seemingly random vote for people to bandwagon behind...
    easiest game ever!

6 people randomly voting for 1 person who is a citizen
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:12 AM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Also Vivi's little m draws attention to it... perhaps the Godfather trying to make themselves seem unimportant and forgotten?
    That was an oversight on the part of the admin who renamed all of the accounts. It was an accident and it has absolutely no bearing on Vivi's role whatsoever. Sorry for the confusion, guys.

EDIT: ...I should probably have posted that as Bahamut! You see how easy it is to make a slip and post with the wrong account? :riiight:

Ingus:

Aeris does make a good point, but Edgar also makes a good point that this is the first day and bandwagoning is a good way to stay safe.

But with that thinking, the Mafia could realize this and just start a seemingly random vote for people to bandwagon behind...

Also Vivi's little m draws attention to it... perhaps the Godfather trying to make themselves seem unimportant and forgotten? Also it would be awesome to see Vivi sitting in the Godfather Chair?
    Why should any townie worry about staying safe? The town has the advantage of numbers, so should use teamwork to the best of their ability! And sticking their head out of the gutter is some of that! Now, sure they should stick up for themselves (obviously a townie shouldn't let a day be wasted) but never let survival get in the way of finding scum! In a townies death a million truths are revealed!

With that said, thats why I feel everything about Edgar's post and vote is textbook Mafia, and was almost very well done.

Note: Vivi's vote does draw some attention, I think the only way its suspicious enough for a vote against him though is if he does it in multiple rounds.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:00 AM.

Cid

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Also Vivi's little m draws attention to it... perhaps the Godfather trying to make themselves seem unimportant and forgotten?
    That was an oversight on the part of the admin who renamed all of the accounts. It was an accident and it has absolutely no bearing on Vivi's role whatsoever. Sorry for the confusion, guys.

EDIT: ...I should probably have posted that as Bahamut! You see how easy it is to make a slip and post with the wrong account? :riiight:
    I know I was just joking around.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Edgar:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ingus View Post
    The town has the advantage of numbers, so should use teamwork to the best of their ability!
    so are you saying we should bandwagon?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

But didn't all (or most) of the accounts have the [M] anyway?

Quina:

I almost want to just skip the first day.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:44 AM.

Vivi:

Everyone has to vote for someone, I just took a stab in the dark. I really don't think it makes a big difference.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Ingus:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Edgar View Post
    The town has the advantage of numbers, so should use teamwork to the best of their ability!
    so are you saying we should bandwagon?
    No I implied the opposite. That a townie should never bandwagon, even in the first day. Teamwork refers to the fact that a Townie death is usable, it points out susipicous people. So I townie should never fear that him voting for who he thinks is right, or making a long post, should never be hindered by fear of lynch, because most likely a mafian will have been somewhere involved so his death will not be in vain.

@Vivi: Personally I'm against voting off inactivity thats all, it really is a either a bullseye or a shot in the foot because the town doesn't learn anything off an inactive kill if the person is a townie.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 03:01 AM.

Ramza:

Um, Ingus.

Edgar said he didnt' like your vote, but he was still holding off. Then you suddenly go off about why you think he is Mafia, and now him voting for you makes him suspicious?

Sounds to me like he's just trying to get rid of you for raising suspicion against him. Thats a move anyone would make, Mafia or not.

So sorry, he's not suspicious for doing that.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:17 AM.

Edgar:

a Townie death is usable, it points out susipicous people.
    then why are you protecting yourself so much instead of letting yourself die to get, as of now 3 suspects

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

I don't think the inactivity argument should be used at this point, when several players haven't even been on to read this thread yet.

Ramza:

Or when theres still 20 hours to go.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 06:18 AM.

Vivi:

That's why I said I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Faris:

Ingus seems to be going on strongly about teamwork and finding the mafia. But perhaps he's really working to mislead everyone to help the mafia. Seems awfully convenient to me....
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 11-08-2008 at 01:33 PM.