Thread: GameInformer: 10 Questions And Answers About The Final Fantasy VII Remake

Default GameInformer: 10 Questions And Answers About The Final Fantasy VII Remake

Today's GameInformer article is about the FFVII Remake, see the link below...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-informer.aspx

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

"nothing is untouchable" AERIS REVIVAL CONFIRMED
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I knew they couldn't leave the compilation well enough alone.

I'll tell you what's becoming untouchable: This game. This games. These games.... whatever the hell they're doing.

Of course they do not "leave it alone". It is their product. They added it to the lore and now they try to make as many references in FFVII-1 as they feel are reasonable.

I quite liked the interview and what Kitase had to say. I think he and Nomura have the right mindset so far.

I never played Dissidia, so I am curious what aspects of it will find it's way into the combat in the Remake. Seeing this gameplay video of Cloud in Dissidia might give some clues...

He said that the combat in the remake: "won’t be as action-focused as Dissidia, of course, but the the visuals and how the gameplay feels in essence will be drawn from that Dissidia-esque style"

Im guessing the way attacks and such are executed is what he is referring to, not necessarily the way you input commands.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dissidia is a weird example to use. I liked Dissidia so it will be interesting to see what he means by that comment. Honestly, I find it hard to trust Kitase these days as he clearly doesn't understand his fanbase based on how he handled the XIII series.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Wasn't it confirmed that episode 1 is Midgar?

Midgar can be LONG. we are not talking about a PS1 Midgar with a few screens but a gigantic city, full of giant sectors, passages, the sewers, the upper platform, et cetera. 70 floors HQ could also be long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed that episode 1 is Midgar?

Midgar can be LONG. we are not talking about a PS1 Midgar with a few screens but a gigantic city, full of giant sectors, passages, the sewers, the upper platform, et cetera. 70 floors HQ could also be long.
    No confirmation of that yet from what I've seen.

Sure, Midgar can be much bigger than in the original and I have no doubt that it will be in the remake. But there is a point at which something becomes so big that it turns into a chore and the player gets burned out. Not to mention that it just ends up being detrimental to the overall pacing of the game. They can certainly make all 70 floors of the HQs explorable and fully accessible but...to what end? I think the original game handled that section quite well, you are on a sneaking mission of sorts after all and your goal is on one of the top floors. I wouldn't mind them adding some extra floors and making each of the floors you get to explore bigger and more detailed with more sneaking sections and the like. But more than that seems like overkill.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That's what I'm thinking too. Big might be good if it's also varied. If they're gonna give us access to a much bigger part of midgar, they're going to add a very big amount of extra content as well, and pace it well enough for players not to get bored.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I hope the first installment is large enough to contain the Kalm flashback. I love that part of the game. It's the first time you see Sephiroth, the battles with him in your party are very impactful, and you get to see Nibelheim. That and Kalm itself illustrates the wider world outside of Midgar. It's all very effective.

Please no Genesis! FF7 extended universe stuff is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sinuosity View Post
    I'm praying to Jenova itself that Genesis is not included in this remake. Like, just...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    I'm praying to Jenova itself that Genesis is not included in this remake. Like, just...no.
    Lmao if I'm to be perfectly honest I've already kind of made my peace with it. Kitase's comments make it pretty clear most of the major extended universe stuff is going to make an appearance. Hopefully it's not too central in the remake, though.

I never quite understood why the later FF7 stuff seemed to miss the tone of the original game so widely.

You bet your Cait Sith that he's going to be in the game though. This all sounds like they're unfortunately keen to insert Crisis Core lore into the remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    You bet your Cait Sith that he's going to be in the game though. This all sounds like they're unfortunately keen to insert Crisis Core lore into the remake.
    I'm just hoping that Gackt just says "no, I've done quite enough" and refuses to cooperate out of guilt so they'll be unable to use his likeness so Genesis will be reduced to a throwaway line from a missable NPC

There is no reason for Genesis to be in the game as long as the re-chaining scene in the Lifestream is not made longer and shows what he has experieced outside of the reactor and stuff. Other than that they might hint "G" maybe once or show Banora and stuff. Genesis is supposed to be a ghost during all those years. Nothing except some rumors and infos hidden in Deepground.

They could add Cissnei. I want to see more Cissnei.