Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Comic Books!

In my summer of trying new things, I'm reading some comic books.

So far I've started Miracle Girls, Disney Princess, and I've read a sneak peak of the new DC Hero Girls or whatever it's called.

What are some of your favourite comic books?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I don't read much, but out of the few that I own my favorites are Watchmen and Y the Last Man. I want to get Saga eventually and some Black Panther.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember back in the day the Grant Morrison run of the X-Men, called The New X-Men, would come out weekly over here. There was no real history with X-Men comics here before that and the thing kinda ended abruptly, but I loved this series to bits. It was really dark and it had the best version of Beast, imho

Blog Entries

I like:

-Uncanny X Force (SPOILER) Angel becomes Archangel, Phantom X has his outer nervous system with a mind of its own and Deadpool's in it. Nuff said
    -Wolverine and the X Men

I like an old series called The New Mutants. There's a great story about Legion in one of them (SPOILER) aka Professor X's Son

There's too many! I wanna go and find the comic book version of Agents of Shield but will get distracted by the other 15 million series out there.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

51vw2ozb-oL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgI've been working through the Fables comics as of late. After playing the Wolf Among Us, and super enjoying it, I decided to look up the source material.

It's about the fairy tale fables having to live in New York. Good stuff. The big Bad wolf is a detective and Snow White is the mayor.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Ms Marvel is very good.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I've been working through the Fables comics as of late. After playing the Wolf Among Us, and super enjoying it, I decided to look up the source material.

It's about the fairy tale fables having to live in New York. Good stuff. The big Bad wolf is a detective and Snow White is the mayor.
    Fables was good for a while, but after a while, I grew tired of it and was incredibly glad when it finished.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Ms Marvel is very good.
    Seconded. And it actually strikes me as something Pumpkin may be interested in for some reason.

I'd definitely recommend Y: The Last Man as well. It's probably not like anything you've been reading but it's a great series that follows what happens after every male mammal on earth except for one man and his monkey dies at the same time. It's ten volumes in trade paperback form so there's plenty of material there, but it does have an actual ending which is nice. Easy enough to come by as well.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fan of old X-Men (80s to mid 90s is the best era) and Spider-Man books as well as Batman.

For more off kilter books, check out Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Squee, and I am Sick, they were all done by the same guy who created Invader Zim.

Watchmen was great if a bit long winded at parts.

Sandman is pretty snazzy as well.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I've been working through the Fables comics as of late. After playing the Wolf Among Us, and super enjoying it, I decided to look up the source material.

Fables was good for a while, but after a while, I grew tired of it and was incredibly glad when it finished.
    Yeah I'm maybe half way through. I guess there's a spin off series of it too? Have you checked that one out? Any good?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

The lastest Spider-Man revamp (starring Miles Morales) is REALLY good so far. And it just started a few months ago so it's not difficult to catch up on it.

The recent reincarnation of Guardians of the Galaxy is also good stuff.

I don't really read much comic books. I used to when the Skylanders Comic Books came out, Issues 7 to 9 of the first series for many is consider one of the best comic arcs in that series (Also because of the "return" of a certain character that it was mentioned the series).

But they ended in March. Such a shame it had a lot potentcial.

At first the art style was a little too off, but it gets better over time. I do recommend them reading though, they are not that big deal if you are not a fan of the games.
    The One and Only KeybasH.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah ms marvel is awesome
    as is the new captain marvel stuff

also enjoying Saga for more recent vaughn check out paper girls
    the fraction+aja run of Hawkeye was great
    y the last man yadayada
    transmetropolitan yadayada

miles morales is good

currently on my 'have to return to library' bookshelf i'm holding onto the new Silk, a bunch of Casanova, and Hacktivist

my signature and av are from Injection

edit oh yeah slowly working my way through sandman for the first time, it's great

Jeff Smith's Bone was quite good, and I'm loving the 2005~ run of She-Hulk so far, although it is annoying how her stories are sometimes continued in other books, so things jump forward from time to time. > .< Archie Comics has done a FANTASTIC job with their Mega Man book so far, ignoring crossovers, and their Sonic series is doing all right, though it is still recovering from the legal blow it was dealt a few years back. I also quite liked, and I get flak for this fairly often, The Superior Spiderman.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, and Superman for me. More specifically on Spider-Man I REALLY enjoyed the Scarlet Spider comics and Ben Reilly as a character. I also love New 52 Supergirl.