Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Your Current Self

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Tattoo Your Current Self

So, I don't have any serious intention to ever get a tattoo. It's just not my thing. But whenever I see them online I love to admire the artwork. It makes me wonder what I would get if I were a tattoo kind of person. What about you? If you were to tattoo yourself in some kind of way that would reflect who you are right now, what imagery / words would you get, where, and why?

[link - it's the chocobo image on this page with the yellow and black background, and apparently FFXIV Lodestone actually has layers of images on top of each other so I can't simply copy/paste the image url]
    Fat Chocobos Free Company Emblem - This is the Free Company that I nurtured through to being the top FC on my server and I couldn't say enough to praise how wonderful they have been over the years. We're a family, we work hard for each other, and the atmosphere is excellent most of the time (like with any family, there are meh times on occasion). I'd probably get this on my upper arm, like an insignia on the sleeve of a soldier.

Aiyon symbol - That's the symbol on the right, not the word 'Aiyon'. Aiyon is a world I created from nothing in high school. I have two books full of information about this world, the characters, the history, the races, the mythology, the whole shebang. I love it to bits. I'll never finish it, but I'm more than content with this symbol that Nait created back in the day for it. Although not Nait's original intent, the symbol is more than just a neat look, it has a dragon-like look to it for me and that captures everything I love about the world. If I got this anywhere it'd probably be on the back of my neck, or just a little lower, at the top of my back.

Jaguar - I love jaguars. I don't know what kinda image I'd get for this tattoo though. Tricky to think up something that really 'nails it' and that is suited towards a tattoo.

FFVII Logo - If I were to get a tattoo to cover my love of the FF series, it would proooobably be this one. No idea where I'd put it though. I'd probably also consider a FFVII sleeve made up of various imagery/characters/monsters from the series, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If I ever felt like it I would finish my monster band around my left arm. I have the zombie guitarist, but I would get Frankenstein as my bassist, an octopus drummer, and a mummy singer. I don't think I'll ever get around to it, but it would be cool.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I really like the watercolor tattoos. If I was to get one I'd try to get a watercolor otter. Because I like otters a whole lot.

Something like this I guess

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I keep reading the title of this topic as "tattoo your current staff"

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm kinda the other way around. I'd love to sport a tattoo but I'm super indecisive about what of.

Blog Entries

A tattoo thread, hmm well I have 5; and I'm currently trying to find the right time to get my 6th. I actually have ideas for number 7 already.

I'd like to get many tattoos, but I just don't have the time right now to sit down and come up with the ones that mean the most to me. Here's one I definitely would get!

nsfwTetris Old School B&R Pinup.jpg

If anyone was to get a tattoo, there are a lot of things to consider. The quality, cost, and artist. I have been very fortunate to have wonderful artists do my work, kind of.

Mod edit: Just as a heads up, it's best to put images like that behind spoiler tags (which is what I've done here) or even better, link to them. Some people do read EoFF at work! Thank you! ~Psychotic
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm currently on the wait list for Ondrash Tattoo. I was told it would be up to a 3 year wait when I first got on and it's been about 1 year and 2 months now so I'm just biding my time with that one. I also know exactly what I'll be getting from him because when making a booking with Ondrash you have to give him your idea for a tattoo and he'll only get back to you if he likes it. So I'll be getting a female figure on my chest done in Ondrash's sketch...esque...style? (don't know how you would describe it so nsfw-ish example) She'll be sitting, curled up, wearing a set of can style headphones with the cord from the headphones running up to my shoulder and then exploding into watercolour splashes down my upper arm, kinda like this. I've wanted that exact tattoo for about 6 years now, ever since I first saw Ondrash's work back in the day, so I'm incredibly excited for when it finally happens.

Aside from that I flirt with the idea of other tattoo designs, but I'm extremely picky so it takes something either incredibly meaningful or awesome looking to make me say "yeah, I want that on me forever." I have always liked the idea of getting a stave spiraling down my arm with a piece of music I particularly enjoy on it, but it'd be too hard to pick just one, so that probably won't happen.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I like otters a whole lot.
    Pic 1.gif

Okay, so I have been thinking a lot about getting a tattoo for the last few years after never seeing myself getting one before. I have a few ideas, but I am still researching awesome tattoo artist thanks to a fic I read that had tons of links to amazing, amazing work.

So, my first idea was to get a few lines from the Spyair song "Beautiful" I love. The ones I am thining of translate to "You love the parts of me I hate...Ino longer fear other people's opinions nor do I doubt myself...things I can't easily throw away now reside inside me". I wanted to do it in the original Japanese (I speak a bit and am learning more) and get them calligraphy-ed out by one of my best friend's who is Japanese. But then I thought about how tattoos in Japan are really looked down on because of the fact that they literally used to tattoo criminals' forheads, and got all worried about cultural appropriation.

Another idea is to get a wing above each hip, around my sides, inspired by the art from CLAMP's Clover manga. So one side would be a single wing in this style
    b9ec3f9536e9013bf8e6f1309aa1808e.jpg and the other something like 4-7.jpg, but not with holes and with more emphasis on the draping beads. Maybe something like this style 100-Amazing-Tattoo-Designs-12-1.jpg (but around the black wing).

But then I also just really want to be tattooed by an artist who really is an artist, and I have not picked one yet, especially considering I am on the wait list to be on the wait list for a few. I would most love to be tattooes by Amanda Wachob, Micah Riot, supakitsch, or Arlin FFrench, at least so far. They are all amazing and I could fill pages with my favorites. So I'll limit myself to a few Amanda Wachob works. But yeah, Pheesh and Freya, I think we have similar tastes. And Ondrash looks amazing! h-AMANDA-WACHOB-TATTOO-ART-628x314.jpgamandawachob3.jpgimages (1).jpgwatercolor-tattoos-19.jpg

Last edited by Gu-fu-fu; 11-29-2016 at 07:17 AM. Reason: I forgot to say
    "If I were a man, I would eat his heart in the marketplace." - Much Ado About Nothing

Blog Entries

I have soooo many tattoos on the go, at least in my head. I need one that depicts the existential link between life, creation and death. I was thinking about Aliens, but in Prometheus they have the white serpent thing. But then I was thinking about the black bile stuff that "David" (the Robot) puts in that dude's drink. I also want to get this American Traditional tattoo of Navi from Zelda OOT.

I'm still think I got my pirate ship tattoo figured out, but I have this research paper that I may start over again. Crap it's due in 2 weeks too.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I sort of debate if I want a tattoo or not from time to time, but then I fear something like this will happen:

EDIT: Wait, I'll just get a tattoo of this! Problem solved!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I sort of debate if I want a tattoo or not from time to time, but then I fear something like this will happen:

inb4 that comedian shoots up a school or something.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post

inb4 that comedian shoots up a school or something.
    FOILED AGAIN!!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I have a ton of tattoo ideas but for some reason I'm put off by the idea of ever actually getting one? I think the process scares me.

First would be something Elder Scrolls related. I'd want a picture of the Morrowind moon and star Nerevarine symbol and it would say "Nerevar Guide Me" in the traditional TES font.

Next would be Warcraft related. I'd want a picture of a phoenix clutching an arrow in its talons with the words "In Defense of Quel'Thalas".

My third one would be Dragon Age related but I'm not actually 100% sure on what it would be. I think it would be related to either elves ("And Never Again Will We Submit") or to Anders because everyone hates him but I don't give a flying frickety-frack. Alternatively maybe related to the Grey Wardens, I dunno.

I've got four, want more, can't afford them yet but have an idea for a Warhammer Khrone symbol or something. Sad, but I played Chaos Marine for ten years.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?