Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Are Miriel and I the only ones who have been incredibly bored by this switch to 'The Governor Show'? Did we really need two episodes to figure out the Governor is still crazy? I never liked this character.

Last season was pretty good but this season has fell flat for me so far. They need to hurry up and tie off the Woodbury/Prison arc for good.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well don't worry, The Governor will be dead soon anyway; probably violently with zombies ripping his body apart.

EDIT: or i guess generic gun shot to the head works too, but leaves a lot to be desired

Also insanely random how Herschel and Michonne were there. I don't believe that her character would have let herself be captured -- not without fight. This is such a mess of a show.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Governor had a gun and got the drop on them. What's she going to do with that sword? Get shot and let him capture Hershel anyway? Michonne isn't a complete moron.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bawled. My smurfing. Eyes out.

Especially when he crawled away HE CRAWLED AWAY and that mothersmurfer ran him down to finish the job?

As I've said before I get inappropriately emotionally invested in media, sometimes, especially things that are somewhat reflective of my life (single dad with two daughters and a teeny baby) so when The Governor killed Hershel I pretty much lost my mind and starting hurling gibberish and obscenity at the television.

Possible comic spoilers? And a question about the showI have understanding that Judith dies in the comic... maybe that is untrue, but something somewhere has led me to believe that. In the show, theyjust show her empty, bloody carseat. SO..... is she dead? Or are they smurfing with my emotions?

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    The Governor had a gun and got the drop on them. What's she going to do with that sword? Get shot and let him capture Hershel anyway? Michonne isn't a complete moron.
    Of course she isn't which is why I have a hard time believing she would've even been captured in the first place. Honestly her being there seemed like just a plot device to me so that the governor could have her sword. She was hunting him down, but the leading up to that is just I dunno. The writers are not great and not true to some of the characters.

The only thing I can say I am glad about this episode (and that they did right) was ending The Governor and the prison arc. It went on for way too long. And Herschel also way overstayed his welcome. I guess I am spoiled by Rickman killing off people before they become too boring. Stay tune though for the next half of the season where they will kill more of your beloved characters because it's a friggin' zombie show.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Last season was pretty good but this season has fell flat for me so far. They need to hurry up and tie off the Woodbury/Prison arc for good.
    Yep, and I'm glad that arc is finally over. The prison went on for way too long. Sorry to see Hershel go, but I think we all knew one of the main were gonna bite the bullet soon. I did not expect Hershel, but when Glen didn't die and I saw them as prisoners it started to mirror some of the events of the comic....slightly.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Possible comic spoilers? And a question about the showI have understanding that Judith dies in the comic... maybe that is untrue, but something somewhere has led me to believe that. In the show, theyjust show her empty, bloody carseat. SO..... is she dead? Or are they smurfing with my emotions?
    It's weird that they just left her on the ground like that. Why wasn't she inside or at least placed on top of something? So daft.

In the comic book (SPOILER)Judith dies at the prison when she is crushed underneath her mother who is shot by one of the soldiers.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Too many feels to describe what I think right now.

Glad to see the medicine worked. Can't wait to see how the story develops as the main group has now turned in to several small groups.

Just...wow. I'm impressed.

February

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do not think Judith is dead. I think she made it onto the bus. The girls had her and they seemed to know what they were doing. It seemed like they had in mind what Carol would have wanted them to do, which was probably to get the baby to safety (or maybe Beth did that), and to fight (Carol probably actually wouldn't have wanted that, but I'm sure that's what they thought was the best choice). The writers know they ripped the hearts out of viewers when they killed Herschel, and I think they would probably do us a courtesy of keeping Judith alive so we can breathe a sigh of relief after the show restarts again in February because at this point, that is really the only hanging question. Re: Comic book spoilersPeople have died who were kept alive in the comics (Andrea) and probably vice versa, so I have no reason to believe that anything is based on the comics any longer. The show is a creation of its own at this point.

My interest in The Governor pretty much fell flat once he started opening his smurfing mouth and acting like... well, The Governor again. I preferred him a little more contemplative and quiet as opposed to talkative and threatening and scheming. I really think he changed for those two episodes, but once he got back into a position of power he reverted right the hell back to who he was before when he was leading Woodbury, whether he intended to be like that or not. I kindof don't understand the involvement of his lady and her child in this episode. Was the child dying just supposed to wrap up more of the deaths of his group? And now what of the mother? Will she join with Rick's group? I guess I didn't really see a point to the scenes with the mother and child in them at all.

holy trout I almost thought that walker got Daryl before he used it as a shield. I almost lost my trout.

I am glad that the prison is over. Agreed that it went on for far too long.

I am interested to see if we will see more of Carol. I'd like to see more of her and I hope she isn't gone for good. If she was gone for good, I would think they'd have killed her off instead of just making her leave. I have a feeling that Daryl will go looking for her, but they still have to deal with the fact that Tyreese doesn't know she's behind the burnings.

Pretty good mid-season finale. I'm certain we all saw this coming, though, right from the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

holy trout I almost thought that walker got Daryl before he used it as a shield. I almost lost my trout.
    I could be wrong, but I think Daryl is the safest character on the show and he's not even in the cards for possible main character deaths. Yes, even safer than Rick, who I can see dying to be replaced by Carl in season 6 or 7, if the show survives that long. They know Daryl is extremely popular by both female and male viewers.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

On one hand, I think you're right about Daryl because he is an incredibly stong, solid character secondary-but-central character (and also the harem of Daryl fans have threatened to riot if he dies off). On the other, I can see him dying in the very last season doing something heroic because I think what the writers have tried to communicate to us throughout the seasons is that in the end of the world, no one is the exception.

They've tried to build up the fact that the group is no longer ran by a single leader, but I don't believe it for a second. In a time of need, everyone still turns to Rick to make decisions, as was proven in the episode last night. He is the leader and he always has been. If he dies, the show ends, either by will of the writers or by loss of interest in the fans. I would not want to see anyone else lead the group and even though he isn't my favorite character, if Rick was killed I do not think I would continue to watch.

This whole show comes back to Rick because he is the one who's been there from the beginning and who much of the story has centered around. Fans grow to love the group as a whole and single characters here and there, but there is no other single character's experiences that allows fans to relate to as much as Rick has endured.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I do not think Judith is dead. I think she made it onto the bus. The girls had her and they seemed to know what they were doing. It seemed like they had in mind what Carol would have wanted them to do, which was probably to get the baby to safety (or maybe Beth did that), and to fight (Carol probably actually wouldn't have wanted that, but I'm sure that's what they thought was the best choice).
    I really doubt those girls were that smart. They thought Carol would want them to fight to protect the prison and I have little doubt that some idiot children probably left her baby carrier there and went to help, since they explicitly stated they thought Carol wouldn't want them to run away to the bus and would want them to be strong instead and fight. I'm not sure how much clearer they could make it that these children weren't going to the bus.

Maybe someone else found her and took her, but there'd be absolutely no reason for their to be that much blood in her carrier otherwise. Plus taking care of a baby is a logistical headache and not all that interesting so I think the show is better off if she is dead.

I really think he changed for those two episodes, but once he got back into a position of power he reverted right the hell back to who he was before when he was leading Woodbury, whether he intended to be like that or not.
    He didn't revert when he was put into a position of power. He reverted as soon as he decided taking power and the prison was the only way to keep the people he cared about safe and that there was no way he could ever come back from the monster he became because he felt he lived in a world that wouldn't let him. The distinction is small but important. He's Rick if he hadn't taken up farming.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Governor is many things, but aside from his leader personality and want to protect those he cares about, he is nothing like Rick.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think you forget how many times Rick has come close to going down the exact same road.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Coming close to something is not the same as becoming something. That's the difference between these two men.