Thread: Saber has questions...

Blog Entries

Default Saber has questions...

1. What DLC should I get?
    2. Is anything miss(able) completely?
    3. Is there any tips? (or tricks you could give a newbie to the game but an oldie to Final Fantasy?)

So far I've had fun playing the game. Loved some old throwbacks to VII. It's got a very big (FFXII) quests thing going on. I've learned some tricks that I use for gaining EXP. Mainly eating the right food and staying at the right hotels.

I both love and hate this game. For example, I love how they did a throwback to all ENIX titles of Final Fantasy. It's got some running around like we seen in XI, quests like in XII and they did a good job at staying away from XIII.

Also at the same time I think a fuller cast in the beginning would be nice. Playing the game makes you think woman are almost extinct in the world. Really, how many woman are there in the game?

PS!

(I have the Final Fantasy XV Deluxe Edition so I got some

• Deluxe Edition - includes Final Fantasy XV game in an Exclusive Steelbook featuring artwork from Yoshitaka Amano as well as the following
    • Kingslaive: Final Fantasy movie Blu-ray
    • Royal Raiment DLC costume - Dress Noctis in Lucian formalwear fit for a king!
    • Leviathan Regalia Skin - Make waves wherever you go by detailing the Regalia with this sleek serpentine finish
    • Masamune DLC Weapon - Add the legendary Masamune to your arsenal and cut foes down to size

)
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

they did a good job at staying away from XIII.
    Funny, because this game isn't half the game XIII is. If they had stayed closer to XIII it would have been a better game.

To answer your questions.

1. IMO the only thing that might be worth buying is the story DLC, but whether it's worth a purchase is unknown because the DLC isn't out yet. The Gladio DLC sounds good on paper, though.
    2. All of the areas are accessible post-game. You can explore anywhere, including replaying the final dungeon.
    3. Early game I would recommend upgrading AP gaining skills like the Chocobo/car riding abilities.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    1. What DLC should I get?
    2. Is anything miss(able) completely?
    3. Is there any tips? (or tricks you could give a newbie to the game but an oldie to Final Fantasy?)

1. Any story addition such as Character Episodes and others that are already announced.
    2. There is nothing of any relevance to actually miss. That does not mean that you can actually return to every area. Certain areas are really just accessible at certain moments.
    3. Approach Final Fantasy XV however you want. You will surely like it but do not expect the super-epic story for 70 hours. As mentioned though, we get DLC for that. So you should get the free New Game+ Pack as that might make it easier later to just get through for the story again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

There is a single quest in chapter three which is missable, it starts by interacting with some guy near the chocobo ranch and is very trivial. You get 500 XP from it and some dialogue that quite frankly doesn't have any real significance or dialogue that I noticed.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

It is such a short game too. I've beat the game already and noticed it doesn't take long at all. I'm on my second playthrough and haven't used a guide yet. You don't really need one as the game is very easy and simple.
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

It is such a short game too. I've beat the game already and noticed it doesn't take long at all. I'm on my second playthrough and haven't used a guide yet. You don't really need one as the game is very easy and simple.
    You can blame Japan on the difficulty of the main campaign not being as challenging as it could have been. I recall when the devs were taking feedback from Episode Duscae, their region gave the impression of the demo being too hard...despite both Europe and America having the opposite stance. As much as I'd love to see a hard mode, I don't know if it would address the leveling speed that can become an issue during the main campaign due to doing enough side content.

To answer your question on what DLC to get, you should ask yourself if you enjoyed your experience with FFXV. If you didn't, then I wouldn't bother getting any of the DLC.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

Blog Entries

I ended up getting the season pass which to my beliefs is all the DLC when it comes. I didn't start a new game + cause I knew I could do a lot better starting from scratch. I'm on chapter 5 right now and I'm level 58. I'm still not sure when the point of no return is. I've been doing every quest and hunt and sleeping in the 2x exp hotel.

I'm just curious about some stuff like why is camping a thing if it doesn't give you bonus exp. I know you get good food but really if it was the sole skill a character has to level up why not make it like 1.5x exp? I want to know when Ignis becomes disabled in a certain way I will not explain.

I'm proceeding through main quests now cause I got all the side quests done. I save before I continue to make sure nothing changes and ruins my plans to get to level 99 on a new save.
    Marcus

I actually completely agree about the game not being challenging.

I don't want to keep bringing up XIII in every XV thread, but as XV's predecessor I really felt like that game was a decent challenge. You couldn't get too overleveled because the Crystarium only opened up stages as you progressed through the story. You could still farm and max out the Crystarium at whatever stage it is, but you don't become so overleveled to the point where you're just one-shotting everything.

The Paradigm System also brought a lot of options to the combat and made the game challenging. If you didn't paradigm shift in a lot of battles, you were going to get smashed. With XV I didn't have to use any tactics whatsoever. Just Gladio's AoE attack for multiple mobs, and melee attacks for every enemy in the game.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Yet, I suspect that you will continue to bring up XIII in XV related threads. Even though the Crystarium system worked to prevent over-stating, at the very same time it was a turn off factor for a good number of people. I understand that you like FFXIII, but it is not a better game than FFXV. FFXV is not a better game than FFXIII. In some areas one game performs better than the other.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    Yet, I suspect that you will continue to bring up XIII in XV related threads. Even though the Crystarium system worked to prevent over-stating, at the very same time it was a turn off factor for a good number of people. I understand that you like FFXIII, but it is not a better game than FFXV. FFXV is not a better game than FFXIII. In some areas one game performs better than the other.
    It functioned almost identically to the Sphere Grid, which pretty much everyone loved.

I disagree with you. XIII performs better than XV in the most important areas of a game to me, therefore it is a better game.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Almost the same and the same are two different things. There are people that did not care for the reoccurring caps that were set in line. You agreeing or disagreeing with me on the other part is irrelevant to me. Truth be told, XIII and XV are two different types of RPGs. Because of that, approaches to several aspects are just naturally going to be different. It's part of the reason why XI and XIV don't get compared to the rest of the series in the sense of "X is better than Y". It's just as faulty of an argument as people that try to justify that Street Fighter (2D fighter) is better than Tekken (3D fighter) or vice versa as an outside example.

Blog Entries

Every Final Fantasy is different. You can't compare through the styles each game has. Each entry has its pros and cons. I am on my second run in the game and am around level 75 almost ready to head toward Leviathan. I think I'm gonna keep hiking around and finish up a few things then camp a lot.

Speaking of which, I understand each character has skills. Fishing, Surviving, Camping, and Photography. Does Ignis lose the ability to cook after a while cause it seems to me he does. So I'm gonna back to back camp until his skill is maxed.

My main problem with XV is that it doesn't seem like a whole game. I went ahead and did most story line parts before I even touched side quests and hunts so I could EXP farm.

My first time playing I ended the game around level 48. I couldn't believe how short it really was. Even older entries took longer then 30 hours to complete. I know some people do speed runs but really? The game is short. Not to mention the main bad guy is pretty much a joke compared to older villains such as Kuja and Sephiroth. He doesn't even act all that bad.

I like the battle system which I can see how they are going to use it with VII: The Remake. Realistically you don't need to totally attack with magic and weapons to kill a being. It's semi better then auto battle from XIII.

To compare with XIII you got story and with XV you got game play.
    Marcus

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It functioned almost identically to the Sphere Grid, which pretty much everyone loved.
    The Sphere Grid is only tolerable to me. And that's if you pick the Expert variant. The regular one is just bleh

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Speaking of which, I understand each character has skills. Fishing, Surviving, Camping, and Photography. Does Ignis lose the ability to cook after a while cause it seems to me he does. So I'm gonna back to back camp until his skill is maxed.
    No, he does not lose this ability. Right up until the last chapter, you will have access (one way or another) to campsites and he can always cook at them.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Getting that black hood was a nightmare. Next thing I plan to do is collect every accessory in the game. I'm almost level 99 on all characters. Anyone know a good list of them and locations details?
    Marcus