Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda | Official Thread

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

If you can't bang the female turian (as a female Ryder) then what is the point of the game

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    If you can't bang the female turian (as a female Ryder) then what is the point of the game
    smurfing THIS

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I don't think they've said who can romance who! OR if what we've seen is even the whole crew!

Would you guys feel the same about a female Krogan, or are you speciest

Articles
    Blog Entries

I need to do the Initiatives, because I've not really been following trailers and who's appearing or what. Those videos seem informative!

Not sure if I'll play as a Male or Female Ryder, yet. If I can gay it up with my crew, I might go male. The voice acting is a factor, though!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I really hope some of the yet to be revealed characters are awesome looking because...well...

I'm not feeling this new cast at all. Everyone looks boring to hideous. The Krogan looks like, well, a generic Krogan. The Asari looks kind of repulsive, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is (and why are her boobs so low down?). All the human characters look exceptionally homely, with the exception of the male Ryder sibling, who just looks bland, generic, and uninspired.

I mean, the game still looks awesome and I'm in no way deterred from buying it, but man this cast just can't compare to Shepard and the Normandy crew.

Well, hopefully even if they don't look that great their actual performance and plotlines as characters are good.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

LET'S FACE IT Male Ryder is Cullen from Dragon Age Inquisition with a new hair color

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So this reflects my feelings toward DMKA's comments haha

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I don't think they've said who can romance who! OR if what we've seen is even the whole crew!

Would you guys feel the same about a female Krogan, or are you speciest
    Mate, male Krogan, female Krogan, take me down to a Krogan orgy and pass me around like currency for all I care, I am down.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I really hope some of the yet to be revealed characters are awesome looking because...well...

I'm not feeling this new cast at all. Everyone looks boring to hideous. The Krogan looks like, well, a generic Krogan. The Asari looks kind of repulsive, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is (and why are her boobs so low down?). All the human characters look exceptionally homely, with the exception of the male Ryder sibling, who just looks bland, generic, and uninspired.

I mean, the game still looks awesome and I'm in no way deterred from buying it, but man this cast just can't compare to Shepard and the Normandy crew.

Well, hopefully even if they don't look that great their actual performance and plotlines as characters are good.
    It could well be because she's an alien and so human rules don't apply. Even so, a lot of women have boobs that are low down. Boobs are as unique as fingerprints. I'm so sorry that she is too repulsive for you.

I think she's cute and that she looks like Robyn.

EDIT: She has a very young face, it could also be that she is a Maiden Asari - most likely a lot younger that Liara T'Soni too.

I was going to replay the entire Mass Effect trilogy before Andromeda comes out, but I honestly couldn't stand to replay Mass Effect 1 again. The gameplay is just so poor in 2017. I know a lot of people really enjoy the game for its music, story and dialogue, and I completely agree with all of those. However, I think the gameplay just drags the game down so much. It really doesn't hold up.

That said, I'm definitely hyped for Andromeda. I really hope they can retain those positive aspects of ME1 while improving upon the already good gameplay from ME2 and ME3.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm hopeful for the return of sidequests. As good as ME: 3 was, due to the state of the galaxy and everything there weren't many sidequests. I kinda enjoyed solving all manner of problems in ME: 1, but then you had more time back then.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've been excited about it since I first heard it. I have it pre-ordered as well and have been doing all the initiatives when they come out.

The Cora/Illusive man connection is interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if he placed her there for a human interests plot twist that comes out at some time during the story. I don't think the Illusive Man's name is common knowledge so a lot of people may not expect it. I don't expect the AI to be any sort of Cerberus plot, though. AI is illegal, but the Citadel can and has authorized specific instances of AI development technologies.
    In 2165, the Alliance facility at Sidon was found to have been conducting illegal AI research; the Alliance faced heavy fines and censure as a result. By 2183, only four corporations have been licensed by the Citadel to develop artificial intelligence for research purposes, one of which is Synthetic Insights, Ltd..
    I'm a little worried over voice actor choices, especially femshep. I've heard the actors work from other games, and I don't see the voice matching a renegade path, if that sort of thing is available in this game. I hope she does a good job!
    Last edited by theundeadhero; 02-09-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

FemRyder* You're a Ryder now, Harry!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff