Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where You Shop!?

Blog Entries

Default Where You Shop!?

IDK. This is probably a thread already somewhere.

Where you grocery shop?

Walmart? Kroger? Food Lion/City, Publix, Safeway, Fry's, Piggly Wiggly, Albertsons?

Yeah yeah, I know. Those aren't worldwide stores ('cept the WalMart). But just an example.

I usually meander over to WalMart. We don't have a Kroger here (which sucks 'cuz I totes have a Kroger Plus Card), but I get sick of going there all the time. So I've been switching it up with Publix.

Publix fascinates the living hell out of me in spite of how much more expensive it is. They have veggies, fruits, and meats that other chain stores don't have. Like ground buffalo (or bison?) and different cuts of lamb. Plus a wider array of organic & international foods & cheeses.. And their deli area is to die. Plus sushi! Plus my Mayfield's ice cream! Plus it's so pretty inside.

But.. Then I remembered poor ignored Piggly Wiggly and how they have their "Pick 5 for $20" deal - meats, cereal, some other stuff and some more other stuff, and I was like "I'll go there today!"... It's so hillbilly ghetto redneck, I swear. They don't sell corn tortillas at all and they have stuff like pig's feet - junk only Mexicans and Hillbillies from 1935 eat. And it's hella small. Like 1/4 the size of a regular chain supermarket. But, I went.

My Adventure in PW
    And to my shock and awe, they had what we call "costillas de res".. Or beef ribs. Or I guess what you use to make Korean short ribs.. You know, the cut that looks like giant pieces of bacon with the bones in? Yeah that (Parker calls it bacon anyway, even though it's from a cow).. So I got a couple of packs of that and then loadded up on the 5 for $20 meat - 3 different cuts of chicken, some pork, and some ground beef.. And thank god the guy running the register thought to smell the chicken first.. 'Cuz -that- never occurred to me at all.. And 2 of them were indeed, bad. I was too lazy to go back and pick out more, though, so I just left them off.

But as I was checking out.. I look to the left, were the frozen food section is & can be seen.. And I'll be damned. They have every flavor of my beloved Mayfield's Ice Cream ... And -on sale-. For like $2.75. My jaw nearly dropped. Publix sells that bitch for $6/ 1/2 gallon and they only have like 4 different kinds or so.

So yeah. that's the end of that. Oh. I also wanna go to the farmer's market downtown someday when it's like nice. Fo sho. Or shop at a Whole Foods.

Where y'all shop???

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Safeway and Smith's (local branding of Krogers) mostly. I'm pretty sure the Smith's people know me by name because I'm in there about twice a week. Not my fault it's conveniently on the way home from work!

I try to avoid Wal-Mart because I hate the parking lot but sometimes it can't be helped.

There's an Albertsons nearby but I don't go very often because I'm not a big fan of their selection.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For groceries? Sainsbury's and Co-op. On occasion, M&S.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Tesco. Occassionally Dunnes Stores, mostly Tesco. On rare occassions M&S.

No one should ever shop at Walmart, because they are a truly evil corporation owned by truly evil human beings. That's without even considering the fact that their products are absolute garbage (even for identical "brands" as other stores in many cases - Walmart gets their own, cheaper, shoddier version).

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Safeway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    No one should ever shop at Walmart, because they are a truly evil corporation owned by truly evil human beings. That's without even considering the fact that their products are absolute garbage (even for identical "brands" as other stores in many cases - Walmart gets their own, cheaper, shoddier version).
    I used to work at Wal-Mart. Lmao .. I agree with this.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Produce at my roommate's store or Pike Place Market. Trader Joe's for everything else. Safeway's the closest but I try and avoid shopping there.

Wherever's cheapest.

I tend to do what my parents did and make half a day of buying everything on sale at various (three or four) locations.

Kroger or better if it can be helped. I'm a seasonal temp at Walmart right now, and still won't shop there. Got caught telling a customer to go to Kroger, lol.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For now, while I'm back with my parents, I don't do much grocery shopping. If I do, it's usually when I'm out with them which usually means Price Chopper or Hy-Vee. While in college and for this summer that I was living in a different house all of my shopping was done at Price Chopper just because it was close.

I don't do it often, but I also really like shopping at the City Market here in KC. Great place to get a ton of vegetables and spices for really cheap.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dang pumpkins.

I shop at Ingles, which is a regional grocery store chain, and at the local farmer's market when it's in season. Also TJ's produce stand in town.

I hate WalMart.

Signature by rubah. I think.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because I'm totes a yuppy hipster, I do 40% of my shopping at a local community grocery store that's kinda famous in the area for providing things like 5 different kinds of quinoa and a 15 types of apples (organic of course), 30% at Trader Joes, and then 20% at my local Korean market, and the 10% at a major corporate store like Target or Safeway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Dang pumpkins.

I shop at Ingles, which is a regional grocery store chain, and at the local farmer's market when it's in season. Also TJ's produce stand in town.

I hate WalMart.
    I know what Ingles is! Lol I think we used to have one somewhere.