Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC's Sherlock is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Sooooooo much better than the first. Honestly, the quality was miles apart.
    Agreed.

That one was gooood. I mean there was a split second where I thought I was looking at (SPOILER)Moriarty in a wig but if anything that enhanced the experience.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    That one was gooood. I mean there was a split second where I thought I was looking at (SPOILER)Moriarty in a wig but if anything that enhanced the experience.
    I had that exact same moment.

Of course, we mustn't forget the real star of the second episode...

(SPOILER)

sub-buzz-9521-1483955043-1.jpg

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I don't think it's just a one off thing or she's a one off thing. I think it's a set up for something. What that is, I dunno, but they hardly introduce characters like that without more to it.
    Oh, I'm almost positive she'll appear again, and I thought she was suspicious from the beginning.
    BAM!

Articles

Goodness me.

Sappy as hell (spoiler)(all Euros needed was The Power of Love TM to tone down her case of the murderous crazies), and somewhat predictable (spoiler)(I called that she had taken control of the prison before they even got there), but all in all an exceedingly entertaining episode.

Articles

I hope they do end the series there. The Jimmy Saville episode was fun but tbh the last two seasons have paled in comparison to the first two. The secret agent trout wasn't very good and neither was the last episode. (SPOILER)Hannibal lecter meets Saw. EAST WIND, BOOOO, ARE YOU SCARED? oh right and yeah apparently she can mind control people. how? did she cast the imperius curse, or...? oh look here's moriarty he was good right haha look he's making train noises. And then as Mr. Carnelian says, oh boy, here's that old Moffat standby The Power of Love lmao that plane we actually showed you was all a metaphysical representation of her psyche man we gotcha good there right. Just... disappointing. It can do so much better.

One of my favourite episodes is the very first one where he's piecing together the clues to track figure out the identity of the cabbie. A standard case with an element of intrigue, helping/hindering the police and the villain is just some regular dude who's a lonely old man. No need to dial it up to 11 every time, just keep it nice and simple.

Ah, the days when he was Sherlock Holmes not Sherlock Bond

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know a lot of people were iffy on the 'Hound of the Baskervilles' episode (2-2), but I liked that it was just a nice, neat, standalone episode.

Season Three onwards it became too... up itself. Honestly, it's because of Mary. I like her as a character, but as soon as she became 'super-spy', it went bizarre.

Is it a coincidence though that some of my favourite episodes in each season has been the middle one? I liked the wedding episode, mainly because it actually had a case attached that impacted the 'main' plot arc. The middle episode for this season had a case attached. I feel like Episode One of the later series wanted to open with a bang, and it lost subtlety. Then the final episode of each season became too... James Bond like.

Of course, Gatiss would disagree entirely. He wrote a verse riposte which... didn't really work for me. Yeah, sure, Sherlock has moments of action and danger, but when that outweighs the intrigue, procedural case work that is at the core of Sherlock, then where is the sense of identity? That scene with the flat blowing up was just pure action.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

That felt very series ending-y.

I got super excited for a moment that (SPOILER)Moriarty was back. I was even like "OMG I DON'T EVEN CARE HOW" and then it was 5 yrs ago

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The finale was intriguing and it kept my eyes glued to the screen, but I agree it has been a large departure from what made this show so great. Ever since the Moriarty episodes it seems like they've been trying to top it. May be good to just end it here.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That went so far beyond what any reasonable person would deem within the realm of "suspension of disbelief" that I have to believe that those huge insane plot holes were intentional. Probably because they do intend to end things here.

I thought the whole thing was smurfing ridiculous. But, as always, the acting was so good. Everyone had really wonderful moments, especially Euros (who is a ridiculous silly character) who was played by a very intriguing actress, Molly (the show is so unfair to her), and Mycroft.

It was pure nonsense but they sure tried to sell it. So I'll give them that.