Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Congrats on being nominated for the Best Artist Ciddie, Midorisa. Also, omg, dat Sephiroth further up the page is amazeballs.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Congrats on being nominated for the Best Artist Ciddie, Midorisa. Also, omg, dat Sephiroth further up the page is amazeballs.
    I feel happy to be there, and actually I didn't even realize I was there until recently O_o. And thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it really!

Blog Entries

Default Double update + News

Edit: I got a message that attachment manager is broken so I link the images straight as well.
    Link to deviantart:
    1: http://img10.deviantart.net/e256/i/2...sa-d8zwpza.jpg
    2: http://img00.deviantart.net/8b63/i/2...sa-d907ymk.jpg

First of all, I want to thank all the people that decided to give their vote to me in the artist ciddie. Thank you so much, I appreciate it and that made me happy .

This time its two paintings and some news. First one is an art request one of my deviantart watchers asked me to do, Koujaku from Dramatical Murder visual novel. I decided that I would do a bunch of requested art works as as practice drawing characters.

As for the 'news' part, I was a bit surprised when I received an email from a scout a few days ago, saying that there would be a new web site opening in august, Graphicker, which is sort of a 'match making' site for the game developers and designers, and I was invited to be part of it too. After they give you your code, you can register as a member and create your portfolio for people to see.

I'm a bit nervous of this too, as I've little time and that site is solely for the purpose of people finding people to do game illustration job for them. The same time I'm excited as well, of course, to see what future brings after the site is opened in august. Of course it doesn't mean that I would get hired straight a way just like that, but at least being there rises that possibility for it in many ways.

And the second one, a personal speed paint I did for practicing color,painting and speed, presenting another forest spirit. This time it's a daughter of forest goddess Mielikki. Her name is Tellervo, and she is described and light haired and extremely beautiful forest goddess.

That's all this time I suppose, I'll update again and thank you for being interested!
    Last edited by Midorisa; 07-09-2015 at 02:41 PM. Reason: some problems

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Fantastic artwork, Midorisa, and congratulations on winning Best Artist, it was hot competition but you're a deserving winner!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Default FFVII art

I remember that I already submitted this painting, but I couldn't find this anywhere. Weird, really. Anyway, I'll post it again and see if it disappears again..

FFVII artwork, presenting Cloud and Tifa.

Attached Images Attached Images

Articles
    Blog Entries

These are SO good! I must remember to check the Artist forum more often.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wow your digital painting skills are amazing! I particularly like the forest spirit speed painting! You do an amazing job at that!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Fantastic artwork, Midorisa, and congratulations on winning Best Artist, it was hot competition but you're a deserving winner!
    Thank you so much! I have rarely been in any competition so I was positively surprised

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    These are spectacular!
    Thank you so much!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    These are SO good! I must remember to check the Artist forum more often.
    Aaw thank you! I will try to update as often as I have something new

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wow your digital painting skills are amazing! I particularly like the forest spirit speed painting! You do an amazing job at that!
    Thank you, I've a lot to learn and I try to improve whole time. I actually enjoyed painting that speed paint a lot as it was so much more relaxed, so I'll definitely experiment with speed paintings more. I feel that I want to learn to be more loose and relaxed and have more organic feeling with my colors, and doing those will definitely help with that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Gorgeous! Teach me your ways!
    It's hard to teach, as I could tell you the process and show it with videos, but it's still just practice you do on your own and just drawing and drawing every day. Information and experience you build up by practicing as much as you can. And I'm learning myself too, so I could say that something works for me but I can't guarantee that it would work for you and your way of holding your pencil . And most of all I wouldn't maybe be the best teacher as I would surely sometimes be like " just feel it, you can hear how the wind blows in this image and you can see how that moves his clothes".

Blog Entries

Default Older piece update

I realized that I hadn't posted this one even thought I drew this maybe half year ago. I'm a fan of Yoshitaka Amano's art, so I wanted to do a piece showing that with monochromatic colors and high contrast. Now I would change things in it as I feel I've improved in some areas, but it's still fine for me to post it despite that .

It's based on his profile drawing of vampire hunter D.

Attached Images Attached Images