Thread: Game of Thrones highlight reel

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ichigo Game of Thrones highlight reel

What are some of your favourite moments from the series so far?

Pheesh and I discussed this yesterday and one of my favourite episodes to date was the Battle of the Bastards!

But there have been soon many fantastic moments of television that have come from this show - the first 20 minutes of last seasons finale for example....

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Jon and Sansa reuniting. Especially because they didn't like each other very much before. I dunno, something about "omg, I hate this sibling", but just years without seeing anyone in your family. It broke my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Jon and Sansa reuniting. Especially because they didn't like each other very much before. I dunno, something about "omg, I hate this sibling", but just years without seeing anyone in your family. It broke my heart.
    Yeah, I felt the same way. It was a great moment. Aside from that, three more spring to mind.

The first was Ned's beheading. I was a sweet summer child who hadn't read the books yet, and as Robb had just captured Jaime, I was absolutely convinced an out-of-breath messenger would come running in to announce this news, forcing the execution to be called off and the trade to be made. Even up until the stroke fell I was so sure that would happen.

The next is Dany's Mhysa moment. I've never hidden my mehness about Dany, but I saw it through Barristan's eyes and compared to the madness he experienced in the latter days of House Targaryen it was great to see the loyal servant's faith rewarded. It gets a lot of hate online because of "white saviour trope" but it's not something I personally paid attention to, it's a great moment with incredible music.

Lastly, the burning of Shireen. It's the opposite to Ned for me because we all smurfing knew they would go there, but still really, really hoped they wouldn't do that to that sweet and happy little girl. Those screams, though. Bloody hell.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Echoing you on "meh" about Dany, but for me, it was the end of season 1 when she's still alive and has her baby dragons. I mean, I knew all season those eggs were gonna hatch EVENTUALLY. But it was still such a great moment. And the rest of the khalassar that remained just being like, "Yep, this bitch our queen".

So I guess you can also add that one to the list!

Also Cersei blowing up the Sept. Visually stunning, but the fear and resignation on the faces of Margaery and the High Sparrow as they heard the rumbling seconds before it exploded. Also what it means for her from here on out: not that we questioned before if she was evil, but she's completely solidified her fate. She's been wiley and slippery all series, but a lot of it could be forgiven in one way or another. She's protecting her children, Robert Baratheon abuses her, she's trying to actually prove her worth to her father. But that? No. That was all her, and her longing for power. There's no going back from it.

There have been several, some very small, some very epic.

I think the final 20 minutes of Hardhome were fantastic, as it turned into a straight horror story and that ending sequence of the Night King doing his thing while Jon watched helplessly was some of the best fantasy I've ever seen.

Likewise, the Viper versus Mountain sequence, which ended again in utter horror was truly riveting stuff.

I also thoroughly miss the twin pairings of The Hound and Arya and Brienne and Jamie. I feel like those two pairs brought out the best in the other and hope we see them again. The Hound's epic scene in the Inn discussing "Two chickens" and Jamie's explanation about why he became a kingslayer were GoT's at its very best.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I actually don't know. I just love the series as a whole. Maybe everything involving Ned. The little scenes between Bronn & Tyrion perhaps? I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    She's been wiley and slippery all series, but a lot of it could be forgiven in one way or another. She's protecting her children, Robert Baratheon abuses her, she's trying to actually prove her worth to her father.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Okay, maybe not FORGIVEN. But her motives are understandable, even if the things she does are heinous.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cersei has spent most of the show in power of some sort. She's now completely backed into a corner which is why she just resorts to completely battrout measures.
    Last edited by Night Fury; 07-20-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought the addition of Ed Sheeran to season 7 was an inspired breath of fresh air and they will be hard pushed to top that in the episodes that remain.

Prince Oberyn vs. the Mountain was a very memorable battle for me, even if it did not go the way I was rooting for it to end. Was pretty disappointed, but it was an epic scene.

Also seeing Ramsay Bolton meet his fate was a huge relief. I was hoping Joffrey would have had a more excruciating death, but at least he got what was coming to him in the end.

The 1st time Tyrion sees the dragons in Mereen in the coliseum.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, serious answer

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Battle of the Bastards!

But there have been soon many fantastic moments of television that have come from this show - the first 20 minutes of last seasons finale for example....
    This.

The last two episodes of season six have been my favourite to date. Completely agree about the first twenty minutes of the finale too! It was just a masterfully slow build up to and incredible moment. The music was perfect.

I'm still pretty satisfied with Tyrion smacking Joffrey over and over.

I loved Oberyn Martell, and the scene leading up to his death was especially evocative. Wish he survived, but he gave Gregor the death he deserved.

I also found myself getting emotional when Jon was crowned King in the North.

Oh. And the Jaime-Brienne hot-tub scene where he reveals how the action that resulted in all that ire/disdain against him was, in fact, his proudest moment (killing the Mad King). Conversely, becoming the youngest member of the Kingsguard was meaningless to him. Thought that was an interesting twist from a guy who appeared to have so little depth early on.