Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718192333 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

He asked you how many townies there are. Which seems an extremely odd question to me as we can all, presumably, count.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Igor View Post

Roles in Use

The following roles are in use:

• 2 Mafia Goons
    • 1 Mafia Roleblocker
    • 5 Vanilla Townies
    • 1 Town Cop
    • 1 Compulsive Doctor
    • 1 Town Tracker

Igor did say, right at the beginning. That IS a pretty weird question to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    He asked you how many townies there are. Which seems an extremely odd question to me as we can all, presumably, count.
    I asked Ken, not you. Stay out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ken View Post
    Igor did say, right at the beginning. That IS a pretty weird question to ask.
    So what is the number? And what's so weird about it?

Again, I'm not seeing how my posts precisely align with Theodores. Aside from the vote we've done nothing but express some suspicions of a few people. Suspicions multiple people have shared and waffled on as well no less.

And the roleblocker accusation is still remarkably strange. Probably one of the strangest things I've seen anyone say here. I'd still like to know why you were lead to believe that at all? I'm sure most of us would agree, even after re-reading this thread many times, that there simply isn't enough information to go on for that. Unless you do have some information none of us have?
    Townie opinions would align with yours briefly, then go off. Yourself and Theodore are the only two people to consistently have been saying the same things. Everyone else has been inconsistent.

All of what I have said is deduction. The roleblocker was an assumption, which I hoped would stir you up a little.

For the record, I believe that assumption is false. I think that if someone were to look back over all the posts and find a third member who more consistently aligns with yourselves than anyone else, they would find the roleblocker.

Well, Yukari was a vanilla townie. So eight, obviously? This is a really easy maths question, even for a 10 year old.

Wait, seven. I'm an idiot.

It was eight to start with, minus one which leaves seven.

This is why I'm scoring so low in my maths homework at the moment. All this time I'm spending with SEES outside of school is really having a negative impact on my learning.

In addition, the reason I believe my assumption is false is due to the fact that I remembered the split of Mafia. It would be exceptionally risky to have your power player being as talkative as the two of you. Could be bluff, but I don't think so. The reason I don't think it's a bluff is because of Mafia night behaviour: they voted for the most obvious person, hence why the doctor was able to save them.

Okay, so apart from proving that I'm bad at math, what was the point of that? You're really starting to seem quite shady, Aki.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    I asked Ken, not you. Stay out of this.
    I repeated your question to him since I was posting.

And telling me to stay out of this seems needlessly aggressive since I am free to question you on anything I please, and I didn't even just tell him the answer.

So what is the number? And what's so weird about it?
    What's strange is I'm not sure, and I'm probably not alone in this, what information you think you would gain from determining whether or not Ken-kun can count to numbers as high as 8 and then subtract the one SEES member that was lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Minato View Post
    The reason I don't think it's a bluff is because of Mafia night behaviour: they voted for the most obvious person, hence why the doctor was able to save them.
    Now I'm curious who you thought was the obvious choice for them to night kill? I'm not sure we have enough information to guess anything less than a handful of people. But you're saying you know something about what they did at night?

I have never said I've known anything. I've only ever said I have made deductions.

I believe the obvious choice was Shinjiro, possibly Mitsuru. Please note that this depends solely on the deduction that Theodore is Mafia being correct. On the proviso that it is, everything else falls into place. This does not happen from any other starting point. While I cannot guarantee the accuracy of my logic, I'm certainly confident enough in it to risk my life on it. I simply do not believe in coincidence.

I repeated your question to him since I was posting.

And telling me to stay out of this seems needlessly aggressive since I am free to question you on anything I please, and I didn't even just tell him the answer.
    Apologies for the tone, but the question and conversation was directed at him alone.

Okay, so apart from proving that I'm bad at math, what was the point of that? You're really starting to seem quite shady, Aki.
    You didn't include yourself. The correct answer was "6, including myself makes 7."

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Ken

Wow, I leave for quarter of an hour and things get weird. Your reasoning makes no real sense. Because I didn't phrase it the way you would phrase it, I must be mafia? You're acting so strange that you're either a mafia trying to sow confusion, or just a really weird player. You're definitely the most suspicious person right now. There's a slim chance I might change my mind if another obvious candidate pops up, but right now:
    ##Vote: Akihiko

I seem to have lost an entire post I'd made responding to Minato-san. I believe you humans would say such is life?

To sum up my thoughts again quickly, your wording had made it seem heavily implied that you did have knowledge you weren't sharing and weren't simply deducing everything. One should take a bit more care with their words perhaps.

As for your explanations you do seem less convinced than you had originally seemed. Perhaps it's a bluff, perhaps not. But you've given me some things to think about. Particularly with regard to Theodore. The more I look back at the thread from your perspective the more I do see where you're coming from that we agreed a fair amount, but it seems as though it was largely him following my lead if it was intentional on his part which does make me somewhat concerned that this was his intent as a subtle way to cast suspicion on me as the leader in some form of alliance. There's also the possibility that it is coincidence and you're trying to take advantage of it to cast aspersions that seem to have a ring of truth. Unlike you, I do believe in coincidence since they happen all the time. I do not trust them however. Perhaps some time to think about it leading into tomorrow will help generate new understanding for me.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    You didn't include yourself. The correct answer was "6, including myself makes 7."
    The literal answer to your question as it was worded is 7. This is such utterly silly logic on your part that I'm not sure whether to think you're just a SEES member who isn't very good at deriving information from the questions he asks, or if you're somehow the most clever Strega member of all trying to appear completely and utterly ridiculous.

I'm half tempted to change my vote to you either way though because your not really helping anyone discern anything useful.