Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyro The Dragon

Default Spyro The Dragon

Did anybody play this game back in 1998? I never had a chance to play the original Spyro or Spyro 2 but I did get a chance to play Spyro: Year of the Dragon and I liked it...but my brother sold that game without telling me because he wanted to buy a new game.

Anyway I heard the PSX Spyro Trilogy is bundled together in a box set called Spyro Collector's Edition and I'm gonna buy that as soon as I get that new PS2 model. I hated the older PS2 model because it always looked like it was about to break and my old PS2 looked like a dusty black rug.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 02-03-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Unfortunately a series I missed out on. I wasnt a big fan of Platformers in my Playstation 1 days. I only recently realised that Insomniac made the PS1 Spyro games which pushes me a bit more into buying them. I enjoyed their Ratchet and Clank series quite a bit. Maybe sometime down the line when im drunk or incredibly high Ill buy the Spyro games off ebay.

Personally, I adored playing Spyro. The first and second game were particularly enjoyable. In truth, I didn't like Year of the Dragon as much as I did the originals.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Lol my brothers name is Spiro, NOJK!!
    I personally loved the Spyro games. They were always innovative and fun but at the same time there was so much exploring to do in such HUGE environments and there was so much to find as well, that it just made you want to keep going. I personally prefer the earlier ones but i have nothing against the newer ones.

ps- i liked year of the dragon
    ~*Fizzgig*~

I have the first Spyro game and I've played it quite a lot. It's a very enjoyable game, and so is the sequel.. but after those two it just went downhill. The Spyro games released these days make me sad.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    I have the first Spyro game and I've played it quite a lot. It's a very enjoyable game, and so is the sequel.. but after those two it just went downhill. The Spyro games released these days make me sad.
    qft

+Spyro needs to be slapped. Hard.

Blog Entries

You can download it onto your PS3 from the online store, iirc. Could have been Crash Bandicoot though.

there was a picture here

I've got the first and 3rd. And the new PS2 one, I liked the originals better.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

First 3 were awesome. As soon as Insomniac stopped making the games, they turned into crap. Basic story of Spyro!

Played the origanals around when they first came out. Those ones were the best. The new ones do a good job of staying Spyro from what I can remeber, but some parts do feel a bit off. There was one.. I forget which.. but I really hated it. The controls, abilities, they tried to do something new but it didn't work at all.

Thanks to eternal essence for the great sig!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I owned the first one, and thought it superior to Crash Bandicoot. And that's about it, really.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh man, I loved the first Spyro, afterbeating it, i tried to collect all the crystals/stars/coins/whatever it was that they had in the game, but there was one level where they were nowhere to be found... i think they might've been in these pots that I couldn't break.

I played the 2nd one for a little bit, didn't really get into it as much as the first one, and I was probably playing something else at the time. But yeah, the PSX had some great platformers in its time.

how many games did they make?

There was the original 3, then they out a bunch for the GBA, and at least one for the PS2, probably more, probably some for the DS too.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the old spyro games were great.. i played those for many hours and look back on it with joy in my eyes

it was pretty funny too .. the sequals were less fun.. although i did like the forcefull love between that witch and the guy that follows you around

Banned

I think the reason that the PS2 Spyro games aren't as good as the first ones is because they were made by a different company. Damn it Insomniac!
    Last edited by PuPu; 02-04-2008 at 12:18 AM.