Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

During the fight between Kylo and Rey, Kylo was beating ass because Rey was panicky and unfamiliar with the weaponry. But once she reached for the force, I took that as her calming her mind down and getting back to the basics of fighting she knows. That, along with everything else previously mentioned (being shot/personally distraught/et cetera)went into her defeating Kylo there.
    When I was wrestling and practicing jiu jitsu/muay thai, one of the things I always had my coaches/trainers tell me was to get really good and comfortable with the basic stuff. During wrestling matches and fights, my corner man was there not only as an extra set of eyes, but to say things to help keep me calm. The Marines I teach martial arts to I always tell that the most important thing is being calm during a fight and practicing 'brilliance in the basics'. Being calm and knowing the basics techniques really well is the best way to win a fight.

I know some people have been upset about Kylo's appearance and the actor who portrayed him not looking like Han or Leia. But guys, remember, he has too much Vader in him. I'm pretty sure he is designed to look more like Anakin than his parents, and I think that works for him. He is not only as emotionally unstable as Anakin was, but he has a similar look as well, and not just the one with the mask that he copies from Vader.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries

After watching the movie a second time I get what you guys are saying, but they really should have saved the unveiling for the confrontation with Han Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    But yeah, why isn't the lightsaber green?
    This was answered a while ago, but it's the lightsaber from Empire that Luke loss after he got his hand chopped off which was blue. I'm assuming he still has the green one.

Speaking of the hand, didn't he get a replacement that looked realistic? Why does is it all metal now?
    Last edited by Ayen; 01-04-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm guessing he didn't keep up with his manufacturer recommended maintenance schedule.

Serious answer is he's been gone for a while and the thing doesn't exactly heal if the skin gets damaged.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    After watching the movie a second time I get what you guys are saying, but they really should have saved the unveiling for the confrontation with Han Solo.

This was answered a while ago, but it's the lightsaber from Empire that Luke loss after he got his hand chopped off which was blue. I'm assuming he still has the green one.

Speaking of the hand, didn't he get a replacement that looked realistic? Why does is it all metal now?
    Because technology is better & movie makers don't have to fake that the actor's real hand is a fake hand anymore.

I'm hoping by Ep. IX, they replace it w/ an Iron Man hand. #Crossover

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

Because technology is better & movie makers don't have to fake that the actor's real hand is a fake hand anymore.

I'm hoping by Ep. IX, they replace it w/ an Iron Man hand. #Crossover
    Repulsor Blast!!

It would not make sense for the Lightsaber to be green because it is supposed to be this Lightsaber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xP3fI7yn5s

Blog Entries

I saw it and I liked it. Rey is a bit too perfect (Being a master combatant, amazing pilot and technician from the get go) and Kylo wasn't great at doing stuff after the first 10 minutes so I didn't feel a great rivalry between them.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    So you're not a fan of her character cause she's good at what she does? You'd rather her be horrible and have lost to Ren and what, died? I don't think they are going for a GoT feel of killing off main characters here. Yeah han died but Ford has been wanting and out for a while.

It just seems very nitpicky to me.
    It's not that she is good at what she does. She is immediately Great at everything she does, or so much as tries out, without any flaws of note. Quite a bit different then what you're saying here.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Naaaaah still seems nitpicky.

Can't we all just agree TR-8R is amazing.

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/adjY08M_700b.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ugh, that meme is so bizarre. I don't get why people got so hung up on this random stormtrooper. So he swung around a stick. Whoopity-doo

Articles
    Blog Entries

That meme seems a tad misogynistic, unless it's actually parodying misogynists. Phasma was underused, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You gotta keep in mind that Rey was on a junkyard planet her whole life and had to learn to survive. Everything she's good at likely came about on that backstory we haven't seen yet. I don't think it's a stretch she learned a great deal about ships in her lifetime. If anything's she's the most mysterious character of the bunch. For all we know she's a smurfing Sith Lord who was captured, brainwashed, and isolated on a desert planet thinking she was there since she was five.

Furthermore, she mistakenly releases those aliens Han Solo had locked away, and tried to fire a blaster with the safety still on...

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Let's not forget she's gullible and naive - she willingly believes Finn is in the resistance and waits for her family to come home, day after day. Rey isn't some perfect princess, she's a flawed character just like anyone else and that's what makes her both likable and believable.