Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: Eurovision 2016!

Blog Entries

Kek'd heartily at the Germans getting rinsed. Europeans just don't like Angela

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

"The voting was biased, it's clear", Russian state TV commentators say. "Burning disappointment".

"Sergey was the best for us anyway".
    Russia as a nation gets seriously pissed off about Eurovision. Expect a statement from Putin soon too

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    hahahaha beautiful. I actually quite like this new voting system for precisely this reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Dumbledore had a hand in this...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also.

MY SIG IS A HAND.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    This is why nobody cares about this festival. Timberlake was wrong. Awful songs win this festival, so they all make awful songs.
    I care about it, it's great. The voting is irrelevant, it's all about the comedy songs. Lighten up old chap!
    The parody song was fun. The rest was just trout. LET ME SALT THIS OUT.
    To be fair, the Netherlands came second in 2014. With a country and western song. Which promptly got copied without fail by at least one country since then (it was a very good song).

Honestly, I watch Eurovision for the silly frivolity of it all, and its brilliant. I just watched it with all my friends from the University's LGBT society and had a riot. "SMURF OFF AUSTRALIA" basically became a rallying cry, and that new public voting was super-tense.

The surprise stand-out was France in 6th. They've achieved their highest placing since 2002, and they've done crap until this year. The Netherlands came a respectable 11th with a good country song, and heck Belgium put in a decent showing.

There will always be political voting, that much is definite, though I like how the voting has become more transparent. The splitting of the jury and public vote was a very clever move. Eurovision is Eurovision. It will always be the best worst television show ever.

But seriously UK, Lithuania was our favourite? The hell!?

This Eurovision thread needs gaying up. So, here's my rundown of the bangable guys of Eurovision. Hungary singer and French singer can get it, and so can the guitarist standing on the left side of the screen from the Netherlands singer, the bald one (the guitarist is bald, not the singer). Sweden singer from last year who's presenting this year can get it too, as long as he doesn't do that creepy-arse smile. Timberlake's still bangworthy, although that performance was meh at best.

Like Formy says, we were at an AWESOME Eurovision barbecue party. Seriously, it was one of the best evenings EVER.
    Last edited by Mr. Carnelian; 05-15-2016 at 01:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Operation Keep Mother Away was successful. I'm also a recovered Eurovision Addict myself. Your mind just.....feeels better when all you have to hear is "third from the bottom" on the radio news.
    Last edited by Midgar Mist; 05-16-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Woo, Australia represent! I just heard SBS is going to put together an Asiavision possibly next year which could prove to be incredibly funny.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Watched this the other day, not a fan of the winner at all. Thought her song was average to poor. Other countries did much, much better.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Watched this the other day, not a fan of the winner at all. Thought her song was average to poor. Other countries did much, much better.
    Yeah I wasn't a fan of Ukraine's song, either. Although she was singing about her dead grandmother so respect to her for that - must have been very emotional for her belting that out to a worldwide audience.

Also I got completely smashed thanks to Australia - I had to have a shot every time that they got 12 points
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hosted a ESC party with 17 attendees on the night of the finals. We all wrote down our top three when voting ended and Ukraine was not mentioned once. NOT ONCE!

My favorites were Bulgaria and Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    My favorites were Bulgaria and Russia.
    I LOVED Bulgaria's entry. Great song, and those dance moves were sweet. The light-up outfit and the enormous earring made it all seem suitably zany and Eurovisiony.