Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toughest game you ever conquered

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Toughest game you ever conquered

Like the title suggest. Whatgame did you play that was tough, but you stuck it out and in the end achieved victory? Was it a Contra Game? Was it a fighter? Which was it.

For or me it was the 7th Saga. The game is rediculiously challenging in the fact you face off against random other adventurers who will always be a few levels up on you, and grinding up to match makes them even tougher.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. Officially the toughest MegaTen game ever, and MegaTen overall is just notorious for its difficulty. So that's saying a lot.

Super Meat Boy is still one of the tougher games I've played but not the point where it isn't fun anymore. I go back to it occasionally when theirs nothing else to play.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. Officially the toughest MegaTen game ever, and MegaTen overall is just notorious for its difficulty. So that's saying a lot.
    Is it? I guess that's mine too. Or Catherine, some of the puzzles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Toss-up between Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom and Kaizo Mario World. I'd say the latter is harder but the former was infinitely more fun and when it comes to 'conquering' a game I really conquered that one (I still casually beat Yukari for fun sometimes when I feel like it) while with Kaizo I just barely made it through somehow and I don't plan on ever playing it again... at least not without savestates. Also it feels better to say I've conquered the superboss who canonically has the most ridiculous superpower imaginable.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Just thought of Disney's the Jungle Book SNES edition. That was a very difficult game too that most gave up on.

At first I was thinking "Is Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 really all I have to offer?" But the opening comment mentions fighting games, and I've beaten all the Soul Blade/Calibur games on their hardest difficulties up to SC4. I guess not everyone can do that. But it's not really anything special to brag about either

I am a couple of steps away from 100%'ing Hyper Light Drifter, and some of the challenges in that game are borderline ridiculous (Here's looking at you, Horde rooms)

Phantom Dust and Golden Sun would have to my toughest games. I was always getting hopelessly lost in Golden Sun, but somehow I pulled through and finished it. Phantom Dust was just really hard. There weren't any puzzles or anything, just some of the missions were incredibly hard.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm starting to wonder if I've ever actually bothered to beat a genuinely tricky game in my life... I've done the top difficulty for various Uncharted games. Uhm... yeah, genuinely unsure I've done anything I'd treat as insanely hard.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

I remember being pretty made up that I completed the original Driver on PS1. The car park at the start of the game is probably the hardest tutorial level of all time.

there was a picture here

Banned

I would say "Ghosts'n Goblins", "Ninja Gaiden", "Silver Surfer" and "BattleToads" for the NES.
    I have actually beaten all those games legit several times, although that obviously took quite a while.

My current challenge is to beat the Japanese version of "Ghosts'n Goblins" for the Famicom, which doesn't even have any Continues.
    Yes, there is a button code for that, but a lot of players probably wouldn't find out about that.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 08-31-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I remember being pretty made up that I completed the original Driver on PS1. The car park at the start of the game is probably the hardest tutorial level of all time.
    Oh! I think I beat that game! That game was great fun. I can't remember much about it besides that though. xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Oh! I think I beat that game! That game was great fun. I can't remember much about it besides that though. xD
    I remeber alway putting in the code for the big shock and wheels and jumping try to land it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post

You beat that? Mad props!