Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zayn Malik leaves One Direction

Default Zayn Malik leaves One Direction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/32057401

http://time.com/3758321/zayn-malik-l...one-direction/

Zayn Malik, one of the founding members of the boy group One Direction, has decided to leave the group. He allegedly left the group due to stress from the tour. The other four members of One Direction, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, who all shot to fame after being discovered by Simon Cowell on the UK TV series The X Factor, are sticking together, and will record a new album soon.

If you should know, my personal opinion of One Direction is this: I am not crazy about them like many elementary school, high school, and some college age girls are, but I think that their music is cool. They remind me of 90s boy groups such as the Backstreet Boys and N Sync.
    Is that your final answer?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've hardly slept since it was announced. One Direction were the British five-piece that were destined to change the way we think about popular music. Now that a key ingredient is missing I don't think they will reach the heights which I was so sure they would scale. I have lit a candle in my house that I vow will not go out as long as I am alive... or at least until Zayne stops this nonsense and REJOINS THE GROUP!!

My life just seems rather pointless now to be honest.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I've hardly slept since it was announced. One Direction were the British five-piece that were destined to change the way we think about popular music. Now that a key ingredient is missing I don't think they will reach the heights which I was so sure they would scale. I have lit a candle in my house that I vow will not go out as long as I am alive... or at least until Zayne stops this nonsense and REJOINS THE GROUP!!

My life just seems rather pointless now to be honest.
    Stay strong, brother. Like you, I've been on the "Zayne Train" since I first heard One Direction's sound. It was a revelation to my ears, and I found that his voice - delivered in those rich, lucious harmonies, oh my - really was the cornerstone of the entire enterprise. Immediately, I could pick out his contributions, which showed such a depth of personality that I felt a strong kindred relationship. Like two souls split at birth.

This has been hard for me. Really hard. I've experienced a lot in my life. Love, loss, all of it. I didn't think having my favorite band lose my favorite member would have an effect quite reaching that level, but it has. It might sound silly, but there was a fairly dark period of my life not long ago where I'd just watch videos of him and... I don't know, it made me feel like I had a friend. I went to the theaters to watch their tour movie in 3D and I had to drive to a few towns away just so I wouldn't run into anyone I knew. But, being in such a dark place, it made me feel like... like things were going to be alright.

I'd been wanting to see them live, but things just haven't worked out. With this news, I'm not sure that I can anymore. I'm just too hurt. I don't even think I can keep the poster of 1D up in my bedroom (and you wouldn't believe the fight it was to convince my wife to put it up in the first place).

It kinda feels like I'm back in that same dark place again, but instead of Zayne, there's just... nothing. Emptiness. All I can do now is listen to the old records, and hope that he'll come to his senses. And make me whole again.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

YOU TRAITORS CAN'T EVEN SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT

Don't listen to them Zain I'm the only one who ever truly loved you.

Is he the one who hated dancing?

Blog Entries

OH EM GE

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's not the only heartbreaking piece of news we've had this week, I don't know if anyone else heard.... But Kim Kardashian dyed her hair back to brown... the blonde if GONE. IT'S A TRAGEDY.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

I guess they went in...two directions.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Okay being serious for a minute, I don't care about this band but it does sort of bug me a little how many people I see poking fun at the young fangirls or whatever. Like, weren't you ever 15 and into something ultimately pointless that was still important to you, and which would have broken you up had it changed? I certainly was!

I guess I can sort of understand on a base level, is what I'm trying to say.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Okay being serious for a minute, I don't care about this band but it does sort of bug me a little how many people I see poking fun at the young fangirls or whatever. Like, weren't you ever 15 and into something ultimately pointless that was still important to you, and which would have broken you up had it changed? I certainly was!
    No.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

There weren't even any video games that had you feeling that way?

And here I thought you were hardcore

If something had happened to Starcraft or Pokemon when I was 15 I would've cried like a million tears (hell, I did cry a million tears over a corrupted Pokemon file)

Yeah, I get it. I can't imagine your average young fangirl has much to relate to/believe in outside of pop culture and groups such as One Direction. So, naturally, when those institutions become threatened they're going to panic. It's problematic that we react to 1D fans self-harming and posting the results on social media with disgust. What we should be doing is questioning how our culture has pigeon-holed them into being so disenfranchised with everything else that the only things they can truly believe in are groups of pretty people who sing. These groups cater to them and help them feel as if they are part of something (whether that's well-intentioned or simply taking advantage of them for monetary gain is another story), which is something politics, spirituality, or what-have-you can't seem to be able to do for this particular audience.

tl;dr OMG ZAYN IZ GO

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Is that how you felt when The Beatles broke up?

Blog Entries

Like, weren't you ever 15 and into something ultimately pointless that was still important to you, and which would have broken you up had it changed?
    Hey Pokemon cards were serious alright

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    It's not the only heartbreaking piece of news we've had this week, I don't know if anyone else heard.... But Kim Kardashian dyed her hair back to brown... the blonde if GONE. IT'S A TRAGEDY.
    I don't like the Kardashians.

Anyway, Zayn Malik just needed to take some time off. He may decide to rejoin the group in the future if they stick together long enough.
    Is that your final answer?