Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Cullen was a mistake" - Bioware.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Cullen was not a mistake, shut your mouths.

Why do you guys always have such cruddy opinions about the best bioware romance options? Ughh
    Last edited by Freya; 03-04-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Dude I dunno wtf Iron Bull's problem was but I couldn't even get his loyalty mission, let alone romance him. Honestly from the minimal interaction he gave me I wondered if he was a DLC character like Zaeed or Kasumi.

After I broke up with Blackwall for spoiler reasons I was gunning hard for Sera as I had hit on her all game. But no apparently there's a point of no return for her and other romances - which is a smurfing awful concept by the way - even though I was single and ready to flamingle. Josephine wouldn't bang me either and I had been a prick to Solas all game. I'm not dying alone, so that left Cullen. And you know what? It was kinda sweet. I got a dog out of it!

For the record I wish Dorian was bi though. By far and away the best character. If I ever do a male inquisitor run I'm gonna be all over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Why do you guys always have such cruddy opinions about the best bioware romance options? Ughh
    Why do you always romance the same generic white dude with the same exact haircut? Mix it up a little! Cullen is cool and I'll even allow Alistair, but Kaidan is objectively the worst Bioware party member of all time with the possible exception of Vivienne Disapproves. My god he can suck the fun out of any room. He's like that weird uncle at a funeral who gets bizarrely angry about the route you drove back from the crematorium. As soon as I met him in ME3 again I thought "Okay, new game, new beginning, let's be bros" but nope he's right back to being an utter cockgremlin. smurf Kaidan, I hope I can leave him in the hospital. It should've been him, not Ashley.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

To be fair. I wanted Dorian. Like so badly. But he wasn't bi. I cried to TSOL about it if I remember.

I also had a hard time just finding iron bull too. He would just not be around so I couldn't actually progress with him. Blackwell and Cullen were my picks. Sera annoyed me :/

Why you gotta be so mean about the things I like

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Agreed. Hope the romances are good in Andromeda.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm still not entirely sure what Mister Adequate is driving at, to be honest. I enjoyed my Cullen romance!

And you do know that Ashley is just as cold towards you at the start of ME: 3 as well, right? They both pretty much have the same lines in ME:2 and the first part of ME: 3.

Honestly though, I'm probably a little biased because of the fact that I can gay it up with him. I spent two whole games waiting for a gay romance option, then ME: 3 comes along and gives you three or four all at once.

Articles

I know but I still like Ashley as a character more! Kaidan is just unlikeable.

No gay options 'til ME3? And what's Liara in ME1 when she's at home?!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    No gay options 'til ME3? And what's Liara in ME1 when she's at home?!
    True, but points off for trying to talk around it by having Liara insist "nah, I'm not really female because alien" every few minutes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hmm, I suppose Liara counts, but it isn't quite as straightforward. The Asari are monogender with no concept of gender differences. According to the wiki, according to Liara "male and female have no real meaning for us" and if asked says she is "not precisely a woman."

Now obviously, for all express purposes, they sound and look feminine and even use feminine pronouns, so I'm happy enough to say it counts as a same-sex romance, but it is pretty clear they tried to 'send crap past the radar' (the radar being conservative types, I imagine) by trying to say "well they're not really women, kinda maybe".

And there's no Asari companions in ME: 2 so all you can do in that game is continue a Liara romance.

Articles

Yeah it's a shame you can't romance Kelly in ME2.

And the Ilusive Man as either Shep.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you've really got to get past this Illusive Man crush you have, Psy. It isn't healthy.

Was it the dulcet tones of Martin Sheen, the glowing cybernetic eyes or the immense personal wealth that first attracted you to the Illusive Man?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Yeah, you've really got to get past this Illusive Man crush you have, Psy. It isn't healthy.
    Oh yeah sure Freya has a crush on a dull whinebag full of dangerous biotic modifications and all the charm and charisma of a bucket of sick and I'm the unhealthy one
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Was it the dulcet tones of Martin Sheen, the glowing cybernetic eyes or the immense personal wealth that first attracted you to the Illusive Man?
    All three, but most of all mama likes a bad boy. I can change him, I know I can!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah sure Freya has a crush on a dull whinebag full of dangerous biotic modifications and all the charm and charisma of a bucket of sick and I'm the unhealthy one
    That's a good point. We should round up all the dangerous biotics and house them in circle towers. They'll be safe there.

All three, but most of all mama likes a bad boy. I can change him, I know I can!
    I know right? That Saren, tho.