Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok my friends, I'm changing wireless companies

That's funny, because the one HTC phone I used was garbage. Same with the one Samsung. Ironically the only worthwhile Android I've had was Kyocera. Which isn't even supposed to be a good brand lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    That's funny, because the one HTC phone I used was garbage. Same with the one Samsung. Ironically the only worthwhile Android I've had was Kyocera. Which isn't even supposed to be a good brand lol
    I've only had one HTC and it worked really well for me. My only issue was that it was a Windows phone. And no one makes apps for them

Oh, that makes sense. I have taken the plunge into the realm of the Windows Phone myself. Its pretty much only made by Nokia these days though. And its more reliable than any android I've ever had. I think the structure of Windows Mobile is more sturdy than Android. Even with my tablet, which was $500 when I got it. I've never known an android that never got bogged down after a while. I imagine it's more stable these days, but it's taken a long time to get there, and I got tired of waiting. My windows phone is pretty old now, and still as fast and reliable as it was the first day. Pretty ridiculous, really. It's actually nice to not be frustrated by my phone for a while. I'll probably stick with Windows Mobile now. But I think it's more of a Windows vs Android thing, rather than a HTC vs anything else. Hopefully it serves you well, if you get an HTC android

Blog Entries

I loved the Windows mobile OS, just the lack of apps was annoying. having to use a 3rd party app just to check your email is annoying, almost no well known browsers will work on them ect.

yeah it could be android in general, but I've only ever had a couple really cheap droids so I figured I'd see how a HTC droid goes. I'm sure if I hate it you'll all hear about it

Well I'm open for ideas, and willing to hear any and all inputs we can get. Don't be afraid to drag other EoFF peoples in here.

I've really only ever had android, from what I have seen I'm not sure about Windows, but I have never used them.

Blog Entries

Windows mobile OS is great, the problem is since Google owns droid they don't allow any of their apps on the Windows phone. Firefox doesn't support it either. And I exclusively use firefox and gmail ect. So It just sucked for me. I was really excited when I got it, I love the layout and how it works. Seems fast and responsive and doesn't get too bogged down like droid's OS does. It does take a good chunk of space on the phone, like almost 3GB so make sure you have lots of room if you were to go with one.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Android easily take up 2-3 GB as well. Also, the Youtube app is available and that's owned by Google , so I doubt that's the case. There are free Gmail apps for it too, but idk how good they are. I used one that was pretty good but it wasn't free so I quit using it after the trial was up.

Firefox doesn't seem to support any iOS either, so that's a shame. However, that's mostly because Apple doesn't allow them. The Chrome browser on iOS isn't the real Chrome either, but a safari skin.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Oh yeah there is Youtube app on Windows phones but yeah no legit gmail apps. The ones I used were okay but made you view ads all the time and didn't snyc with your account well at times.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Metromail was good, but again, it cost a few bucks. Not a horrible price.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I have a free Google Mail app, it works the same way as the regular Outlook app. And if I'm not mistaken, it was made by microsoft. So on my start screen I have 2 email apps. One set up to pull Hotmail, the other set up to pull Gmail

There's a reasonable YouTube app as well, just not made by Google. And a Squirrel browser that's pretty good. But honestly, there's not really a lot wrong with IE Mobile. I mean, these days there's not really a lot wrong with IE desktop. But it still has a bad rep. But mobile doesn't run any differently than the browsers I used on my android devices (default browser and Chrome)

I'm not a huge app consumer. There's 9gag, twitter, facebook, some decent music and video apps, messengers, and a couple anime/manga apps. As well as Netflix and Crunchyroll. And that's about it. There's also a really good solitaire game. But I barely used many apps on android as well. It just sucked that eventually the phones would get so bogged down, I'd end up only able to rely on like 4 or 5 apps, and the rest would close, or stall, or be really slow

If you like to have tons of apps, then there are not a lot to choose from. But the ones they have are super reliable, very stable, very fast. I've had my phone for a long while now, and it's still as fast, stable, and reliable as the first day. I'd never be able to say that about other Android devices. I know iOS stays stable for a few years, so I'd put Windows Mobile in that ballpark for reliability. Usability is more of a per-case basis