Thread: Rin's drawings :3

Default Rin's drawings :3

Hi everyone I kept telling myself to upload some of my stuff here but I kept putting it off because I don't have a working scanner....aaand I still don't have one xD But I do have photos of my old stuff so I decided to share some here! These are mainly sketches and copic marker stuff, I know it's a bunch of trout compared to other artists here but maybe I can get some good pointers from you guys!

carbuncle by rin.jpg Rin by Lyn.jpg BD.jpg

I chose some FF and BD ones because of relevancy but these are dated a few years back, so these are kinda old, I'll upload more recent ones soon

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I love them. I especially like the Carbuncle - you really nailed the stance and it makes it jump out of the page even without colour. I'd take some time to colour it in as in the last pic you did a cool job introducing tones. I like the Rinoa one too, particularly the face, but there is some proportion issues. The actual length of the body doesn't seem wrong, just some of the limbs. I'm sure you can see some things that might be off but maybe didn't bother to change it. I'd advise doing a quick sketch out of your head of a face, and keep drawing and rubbing out the body until you feel it fits properly. You'll be surprised how much you'll learn about proportion.

Really nice work, keep it up!

Str8 Pimpin'

That's an awesome monster on a throne! I like it's 6 legs. Very well done and I hope you keep drawing more stuff!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, looks awesome

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I think you show potential. The style of the creature at the bottom reminds me of something, but I can't think of what. How old is this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I love them. I especially like the Carbuncle - you really nailed the stance and it makes it jump out of the page even without colour. I'd take some time to colour it in as in the last pic you did a cool job introducing tones. I like the Rinoa one too, particularly the face, but there is some proportion issues. The actual length of the body doesn't seem wrong, just some of the limbs. I'm sure you can see some things that might be off but maybe didn't bother to change it. I'd advise doing a quick sketch out of your head of a face, and keep drawing and rubbing out the body until you feel it fits properly. You'll be surprised how much you'll learn about proportion.

Really nice work, keep it up!
    Thank you so much! Yes I know exactly what you mean haha, the proportion of the arms is off but I'm so lazy I'm more likely to redraw the whole thing since it's been a few years xD Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely going to keep that in mind when I draw something next!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    That's an awesome monster on a throne! I like it's 6 legs. Very well done and I hope you keep drawing more stuff!
    Thankyou!! It's a boss from bravely default although I've forgotten it's name, I thought it was cute in a weird way and had to draw it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Wow, looks awesome
    Thankyou!! n_____n

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I think you show potential. The style of the creature at the bottom reminds me of something, but I can't think of what. How old is this stuff?
    Thankyou The creature is a boss from Bravely default, the carbuncle and Rinoa are a few years old (3 or 4 years?) and the creature is around 2ish years old. I'll try and upload some more recent stuff when I have access to a scanner =]

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Those look really great! That is some pretty impressive coloring
    Thankyou so much ^^

Here's some slightly more recent stuff =]

severa_by_lyn11.jpg ninetails.jpg

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

omg what the heck is that big black creature in the first post? I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    omg what the heck is that big black creature in the first post? I love it!
    Thankyou n___n He's a boss from Bravely Default, If I remember correctly...I think it's name is Belphegor

Articles
    Blog Entries

Looks great. I'm digging that Ninetails.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Great drawings Rin!

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Looks great. I'm digging that Ninetails.
    Yay! Thank-you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    Great drawings Rin!
    Thank-you n____n