Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete's top 25 videogame random award show!

Default Pete's top 25 videogame random award show!

Following the footsteps of Loony BoB, Necracker, Shion & Sharky and Maybee I would like to welcome you all to my very own top 25 videogame wacky award show! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Predictions for awards and game positions are welcome and I'll totally pretend which game ranks #1 is not obvious at all. So without further ado, here's the kick-off with #25

#25:

okami1.jpg

Okami

This beautiful title for Playstation 2 has been awarded the following awards:
    best wolf-sim
    best enemy kitchen environment
    "most kick-ass character design"-award
    "most naked fisherman”-award

Oh Okami, you did so many things so well. The scenery was amazing. Characters are playful and very creatively designed. Running around like a wolf-god actually felt like running around like a wolf-god. I had a great time just sprinting around blowing stuff up, making things grow, hanging out with the local wildlife, slashing up enemies, setting them on fire, freezing them to death, blowing them away and all the other good stuff.

I was one with nature like a true hippie and it was amazing.

But there is one major flaw with this game I can not forgive; Issun. A prime-example of hold-your-hand game design. Every puzzle gets spoiled and every event is overly explained. I’m surprised no-one on the Clover team could mention that the script might be getting a bit out of proportion. Oh well!

Okami is like a top grade student with an attitude: gets straight A’s but stands in the corner of shame anyway for not keeping quiet.

This character brought Okami the most naked fisherman award:

Next title coming this afternoon!

#24:

HM1.png

Hotline Miami

This brutal indie game has been awarded with:
    “Most violent”
    “Most player deaths by lead pipes, baseball bats, knives and meat cleavers”
    “Best soundtrack to get hyped”
    "Most handsome Don Juan"

Hotline Miami is a bare-bone game: chaotic but fun, violent and rude. Taking risks is rewarded not just in points but also in the intensity of the experience. The level design is diverse, well paced and they’ve done a good job making the player feel powerful and vulnerable at the same time. Other than a bit weak AI there’s nothing I can think of Hotline Miami could do better.

I was going to give this spot to Metal Gear Solid 4, but changed my mind. While MGS4 has many memorable moments that had me blown away first time through, they always come with the bad taste of not having the guts to let characters die and cutscenes full of filler. It’s pears and apples, but I honour Hotline Miami for delivering a tight package with huge cohones by giving it the #24 spot.

Hotline Miami allowed to me to let loose like an animal and I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a psychopath.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

God damn Hotline Miami is amazing.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

your awards are simply the best I have seen

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

One of the few indie games to really capture my attention. I'm actually going for the platinum trophy right now and have an A+ on 10 of the 17 or so missions. I'm totally psyched for the next one, it's probably a day one on PS4 & Vita cross-buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    One of the few indie games to really capture my attention. I'm actually going for the platinum trophy right now and have an A+ on 10 of the 17 or so missions. I'm totally psyched for the next one, it's probably a day one on PS4 & Vita cross-buy for me.
    I too am hyped for the sequel! I wonder if they stick with animal masks or whether they're going to mix things up.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Oh I was reading a thing about the sequel like 30 seconds ago, whoops. It's on a movie set or something, so everyone you kill gets back up after you finish or something? I forget, apologies

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Oh I was reading a thing about the sequel like 30 seconds ago, whoops. It's on a movie set or something, so everyone you kill gets back up after you finish or something? I forget, apologies
    Caught up on the news and apparently some levels are indeed a movie set of a film being shot based on the adventures of the main guy of Hotline Miami 1. But apparently there's also fans of the guy, who go out and re-enact the real deal. Creepy stuff!

#23 coming tomorrow morning!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Only know what #25 is because of Shauna. Never heard of the other one.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Hotline Miami is a delightfully fun (and violent ) little game. And yeah, great soundtrack.

I imagine it's fairly cheap to pick up as well if anyone is interested!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That soundtrack is one of the best things about that game. So 80's, and so much fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Hotline Miami is a delightfully fun (and violent ) little game. And yeah, great soundtrack.

That's what I love about indie games. You can get more out of $9.99 or $14.99 than you would paying $59.99 on some games.

I am delighted to see so much love and hype for Hotline Miami

#23:

blue1.gif

Pokémon Blue

This Gameboy classic has been awarded with:
    Best Gameboy game
    ‘Most Zubats’-award

Nostalgia galore! This game wildly appears on pretty much everyones best games list and for good reason. The journey was epic, filled with challenge, hardship and mostly joy. Squirtle and I took on more adventures then I can remember. I got close, but never did get all 150. This game taught me English language better than my teacher did.

The heart and soul of the Moon Cave dungeon:

zubat1.gif

Do you remember the sound it makes? I bet you hear it in your head right now!

Pokémon Blue was gold and I don’t think I ever took the game out of that big red clunky Gameboy.

Next game coming this afternoon!
    Last edited by Pete for President; 01-18-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have no idea what first place will be and the suspense is killing me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    It's free on PlayStation Plus!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    I too am hyped for the sequel! I wonder if they stick with animal masks or whether they're going to mix things up.
    Yep, as you later posted it's going to be multiple perspectives, including the film, the fans, and the protagonist from the main storyline (although from my understanding of the story (SPOILER)he's dead and the motorcyclists ending is the real one).