Thread: Why didnt Celes slap him across the head?

Blog Entries

Default Why didnt Celes slap him across the head?

I mean when you find out the man of your dreams (locke) decides to go about finding a way to bring his dead ex-girlfreind/fiance back to life, exploring a cave filled with the most horrible monsters and crossing rivers of lava instead of taking a measly sea voyage to look for you while your stuck on a rock with an old man in a rain coat, knowing full well that if he brought his girlfriend back to life, he'd totally throw you out of the picture and marry her, and then pretended nothing happened when he fails and just assumes he can still be your lover after he totally just picked some dead girl over you; wouldnt that annoy you atleast slightly?

(talk about run on sentences)

Second topic: do you think celes wanted rachel to come back to life? Or was she ready to throw a revify the moment that corpse cast eyes on her man
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 10-18-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Locke probably thought Celes was dead and her body gone, whereas he at least knew that Rachel's body still existed, thus he went on a quest to regain the one love that he could. Plus, Locke and Rachel were actually an item before the accident, whereas Locke and Celes were like a couple of 12 year olds that don't know how to display interest in each other except by fighting.

As for Celes, she didn't know what Locke was up to until the group meets up with him at the end of the Phoenix Cave. If she's as love-struck with him as the game lets on, I'm sure she was overjoyed that Rachel was not brought back to life and Locke was able to move on by seeing her one last time, thus she easily forgave him now that she had a clear shot at him.
    Figaro Castle

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

You are starting to put Celes in a bad light
    I mean, looking at this and your sig...
    Beware of my look a like!

Locke didn't really show interest in Celes. He kind of channeled his over-protectiveness onto her. Because she reminded him of Rachel, and he lost someone he cared about, and didn't want to loose anyone anymore.
    I'm sure there were clicks between them, their fight because of Kefka... But Locke remained interested in Rachel, because he had that to confront eventually.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Second topic: do you think celes wanted rachel to come back to life? Or was she ready to throw a revify the moment that corpse cast eyes on her man
    I think Celes would've been glad with how things turned out. Having confronted Rachel after all these years, Locke was able to move on and bring that area of his life to an end. Locke was now able to move on and look for someone else (e.g. Celes) having gotten some closure on that issue.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

We all know Celes is a kinky gal , so maybe she was looking forward to a three-way.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    We all know Celes is a kinky gal , so maybe she was looking forward to a three-way.
    Agreed.

I don't really remember Locke showing any specific interest in Celes.

There is a pretty big difference between being interested in someone, and trying to save and protect someone;
    Locke felt that he had a responsibility to save Celes when he was the only Returner who was aware of her captivity - and frankly, people do have a certain responsibility to save a person's life in that kind of situation - so that is what he did, and then the rest of their relationship was basically just "let's fight together against the empire", along with some occasional doubt from Locke followed by regret, and that was it.

I am not sure if Locke had an actual relationship even with Rachel;
    but I guess he did, since a heterosexual and/or bisexual man and woman who hang out a lot often develop some sort of romantic relationship - assuming of course that Locke and Rachel had that sexual orientation - and it seems to sort of be implied by the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I recently watched an anime in which the following question was raised to someone who was in a weirdly similar (although very different, at that) situation:

"Even after [name] is gone, you'll lose to a girl that doesn't exist. Can you live with that?"

Effectively some people would prefer to be the number one choice, and would not want to be someone the other simply settled on rather than chose.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

She could have! I don't think he would have reacted.