Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "combat Barbie" wants a sports challenge instead of a swimsuit competition?!

Default "combat Barbie" wants a sports challenge instead of a swimsuit competition?!

What in the world is this about?!

Soldier and pageant contestant Katrina Hodge fights for ban on swimsuit competitions - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

Apparently, British Lance Corporal-turned-beauty pageant model Katrina Hodge, or "Combat Barbie," as she is known, wants to get rid of the swimsuit modeling competition at the next Miss England pageant and replace it with, of all things, a sports challenge?!

I suppose she wants to test her competitors' athletic skills, but a beauty pageant isn't the time for those ladies to get all sweaty and roughed up (not to mention hurt). What is she thinking?
    Is that your final answer?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

She doesn't want to strut her stuff. I dunno Beauty pageants focus on... beauty. How does athletic skill work in there?

I know, I don't get it at all. If she wants to do that, she better go to a true fitness competition, like, I don't know, uh, World's Most Athletic Woman? Now THAT'S the place to get all roughed-up and sweaty.

EDIT: Or better yet, try out for the next Olympics or something... I'm sure that's a better place for her than a beauty pageant; besides, why would a soldier compete in a beauty pageant in the first place?!

Blog Entries

It's a good job nobody gives a toss about Miss [locale] these days.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    She doesn't want to strut her stuff. I dunno Beauty pageants focus on... beauty. How does athletic skill work in there?
    How does a talent competition? For that matter, what does answering questions in regards to personality or personal beliefs have anything to do with beauty?

EDIT: Or better yet, try out for the next Olympics or something... I'm sure that's a better place for her than a beauty pageant; besides, why would a soldier compete in a beauty pageant in the first place?!
    Because she's fairly attractive.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    How does a talent competition? For that matter, what does answering questions in regards to personality or personal beliefs have anything to do with beauty?
    The judges have the rights to make assessments of inner beauty apparently.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Or we could just stop caring about this homogenized, materialistic "beauty" crap. If I wanted other people's opinions about who has bigger fake breasts and more slamming platinum highlights I would go watch two club rats have a fight.

iirc, beauty is in the eye of the beholder~ Or, at least, it was.

Well, here in the United States, we have two national pageants: Miss USA and Miss America. The difference between the two is that the former only judges beauty, while the latter also judges talent.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    Or we could just stop caring about this homogenized, materialistic "beauty" crap. If I wanted other people's opinions about who has bigger fake breasts and more slamming platinum highlights I would go watch two club rats have a fight.

Are beauty pageant contestants allowed to have breast implants? I would have thought that'd be against some rule or another.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    Or we could just stop caring about this homogenized, materialistic "beauty" crap. If I wanted other people's opinions about who has bigger fake and more slamming platinum highlights I would go watch two club rats have a fight.

Are beauty pageant contestants allowed to have breast implants? I would have thought that'd be against some rule or another.
    I don't think so, but I'm not exactly sure...

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love Bunny's understatement there, "combat barbie" or L/CPL Hodges as her rank deserves is a very beautiful woman it must be said.

Also Super Millionaire, why wouldn't a very attractive woman regardless of her career be in a beauty pageant. Are you saying because she is in the army or was in the army she can't enter I don't think that would be fair, millitary women if nothing else have to be very fit which generally gives them an excellent body shape.

Yes, you're right, but still, for some odd reason, I don't think it goes together very well... and the fact that she wants a sports challenge instead of a swimsuit competition makes no sense, either, because a beauty pageant isn't the place to get all roughed-up and sweaty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

...what? Did someone say warm oil wrestling?

Who said that?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

maybe she's tired of people like you treating pretty women as delicate porcelain dolls!