Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil

Blog Entries

Default Resident Evil

Ah the memories.
    Were you ever freaked out by this game?
    I was for RE3:Nemisis because of Nemisis

Resident Evil code Veronoca-X freaked me out mainky because of the crossdressinng norman bates rip-off featured init still its also my fave resi.
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Stop it! Don't open that door!
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I was a huge fan of Resident Evil through the Playstation and Dreamcast era but Resident Evil 4 changed the series in ways I liked but too many ways that I disliked. Im still fond of the series though.

I dont really get scared of any of the Resident Evil games anymore as I pretty much know exactly what is around every corner, and any BOO scares dont phase me as much as they used too. Im planning to attempt m first speedrun with Resident Evil 1 very soon, hopefully it wont go too bad.

The Resident Evil games never scared me at all. It was Silent Hill that did gave me the nightmares. But I always enjoyed the series and then I fell in love with Resident Evil 4.
    Last edited by Montoya; 09-02-2007 at 11:33 PM.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Zefiroth View Post
    It was Silent Hill that did gave me the nightmares.

*Shivers* Hell yea I remember that.

Anyway, the thing that scared me the most..... I'm really not sure..... I think probably the windows on RE2 with the hands poking out of them. I remember that. it was horrible, the first time it happened I had no clue it did then WHAM! Whew needed fresh underwear after that.

Also the lickers on RE2, they game the mega chills man.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah yes, Resident Evil. I remember the days around its release well. And I remember playing it. And I remember that it was hard as nails, and then I got to the Hunters.

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you." = epic quote.

I wasn't freaked out by it too much, though, not by any of them. I've always been freaked out by Silent Hill though.

didn't scare me, put me on edge. the first time the (SPOILER) dog jumps through the L-hallway window i did crap my pants though.

Did anyone know that in Resi 2 if you shoot towards yourself (not Leon,Ada,Claire...your actual self who is playing the game) and shoot enough the screen cracks:S seriously i tried this when i was low on ammo an had given up hope of compleating teh game.
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by redxiiii View Post
    Did anyone know that in Resi 2 if you shoot towards yourself (not Leon,Ada,Claire...your actual self who is playing the game) and shoot enough the screen cracks:S seriously i tried this when i was low on ammo an had given up hope of compleating teh game.
    I think there's just one screen where that works?

When the games was new they scared me, Nemesis sure did. RE4 seems to of killed the series, Or at least removed the series from the game which is a shame.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Stoner View Post
    I think probably the windows on RE2 with the hands poking out of them. I remember that. it was horrible, the first time it happened I had no clue it did then WHAM!
    Yeah seriously.
    Also the lickers on RE2, they game the mega chills man.
    Yeah, that one in the uh...I don't know the name of the room, but it's the one with the glass mirror in it and I'm sure you'll all know the one I mean, is a total mindsmurf. I knew it was going be there but it always makes me jump.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Ah yes, Resident Evil. I remember the days around its release well. And I remember playing it. And I remember that it was hard as nails, and then I got to the Hunters.

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you." = epic quote.

I wasn't freaked out by it too much, though, not by any of them. I've always been freaked out by Silent Hill though.
    They paid tribute to her by making "Jill's Sandwich's" in Dead Rising.

"Jill, master of sandwiches."

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

You're all wrong when it comes to the scariest moment in RE2. It's the following;

In scenario 2 when you are being followed by the "bruiser" guy. You've already come up against him a few times and know it's best to run or hope you have enough firepower to stop him. You go into a control room and around a corner, flick a few switches and watch through the camera...only to see him walk up to the camera and smash it with his fists, with you knowing that he was only a few steps away around the corner. That is without a shadow of a doubt the one and only time I've ever been genuinely scared by a game.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

I don't remember RE2 being particularly scary, but RE1's combination of awful controls, bad music and an insane shortage of ammo freaked me out so much I couldn't bring myself to play it after Plant 42.

there was a picture here