Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 stolen =(

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Default PS3 stolen =(

I just discovered last night that my PS3 was stolen from my bedroom, I have had no one over and the thief only took my PS3 so my message to you guys is be wary this winter, lock your doors when no one is in the house, even lock the doors when your asleep, its a time for thievery and those bastards are only going to get more daring as time goes on, I am thankful they only took my PS3 and nothing else.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I lock my door to go check the mail. o_O

I'm sorry about your console, I know I'd be livid if any of mine went missing.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I live in the middle of nowhere, so nobody is going to go to the effort of coming all the way out here and trying to steal something off me. That being said, our doors are still locked. Our windows aren't but you seriously have to climb like up with a ladder if you want to take that route. And all the climbable windows are in the bedrooms. You can't get in my house without being invited :3

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

strangly I am not all that distressed, I would have thought I would have been, but whats weird is I am mourning the loss of my trophies more then the console itself... and all my emblem's on MGS4... I had the Big Boss emblem ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    strangly I am not all that distressed, I would have thought I would have been, but whats weird is I am mourning the loss of my trophies more then the console itself... and all my emblem's on MGS4... I had the Big Boss emblem ; ;
    If you connect your PS3 to the internet, your trophies are likely all synced to your PSNID anyway.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    If you connect your PS3 to the internet, your trophies are likely all synced to your PSNID anyway.
    It's this way with Xbox Live, I see no reason for it to not be that way for PSN as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only time my door is unlocked is when I am allowing someone to go through it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    It's this way with Xbox Live, I see no reason for it to not be that way for PSN as well.
    because the emblems are not trophies. they're stored on your save file.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Crossover Project Elf Agent0042's Avatar

That has to hurt. For a long time, my house wasn't locked up, but thankfully nothing was ever stolen. It's locked up now, but it doesn't really have any decent security or anything. I'm planning to move soon, though, and once I do, I will definitely be getting better security.

Major KH fan, huge fan of TV's Amazing Race and Rodney's Amazing FF Race fanfic!
    "Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her." - Fang

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    because the emblems are not trophies. they're stored on your save file.
    Yes, dear. He's concerned about his MGS emblems AND his trophies, though.

Blog Entries

Anyone without a security door thats always locked (except when people are walking through it with your consent) are just asking theives/salesmen/relatives to come snooping around
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blaming the victim is fun :P

Sorry about your loss dude. Did you report it? Do you have house/property insurance that might cover the loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I live in the middle of nowhere, so nobody is going to go to the effort of coming all the way out here and trying to steal something off me. That being said, our doors are still locked. Our windows aren't but you seriously have to climb like up with a ladder if you want to take that route. And all the climbable windows are in the bedrooms. You can't get in my house without being invited :3
    I have no problem going to your house!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Anyone without a security door thats always locked (except when people are walking through it with your consent) are just asking theives/salesmen/relatives to come snooping around
    I have lived in this house for about 15 years and have always had the back door unlocked at all times and this is the first time something like this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Blaming the victim is fun :P

Sorry about your loss dude. Did you report it? Do you have house/property insurance that might cover the loss?
    Unfortunately I have no house insurance so there isn't much I can do really, and I would report it to the Police if I thought they could do anything about it other then advise me to lock my back door, apparently crime in my area is up by 25% from last year alone... its getting crazy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, I'm sorry. D: