View Poll Results: Who is going to sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it all?!

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daenerys

9 25.71%
  • Jon Snow

9 25.71%
  • Tommen

0 0%
  • Myrcella

1 2.86%
  • Stannis/Shireen

0 0%
  • Sansa

0 0%
  • Arya

4 11.43%
  • Rickon

2 5.71%
  • Littlefinger

2 5.71%
  • Some book character you've like, never heard of man

4 11.43%
  • Obligatory Hodor option

4 11.43%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it all?!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bronn will not get anywhere near the iron throne. If you think so, you haven't been paying attention.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nah it's totes Bronn.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Bronn will not get anywhere near the iron throne. If you think so, you haven't been paying attention.
    I feel the same way with people who think Arya or Sansa will sit on the Iron Throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Let's face it, [insert character name here] will not get anywhere near the iron throne. If you think so, you haven't been paying attention.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No, I just think some choices are a bit random is all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think what I said is pretty accurate. Everyone gon' die.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Baelish has made a bigger jump to Lord Paramount than Bronn did to minor lord. There are hundreds and hundreds of lordship opportunities equivalent to Stokeworth. There are only seven opportunities to be a Lord Paramount, and those positions have been occupied by Stark, Tully, Arryn, Lannister, Tyrell etc. for centuries. Oh, except in reality he actually holds two of these positions as he is also the Lord Protector of the Vale. He also now owns Harrenhal, the biggest castle in the god damn world.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I get that, but he still started life as a noble. Stokeworth isn't that bad, either, having read up on it.

Again, I'm talking speed of progression up the ladder, not the amount of rungs climbed. Bronn has gone from literally nothing to upper nobility with one of the few wealthy houses still supporting King's Landing in exactly how long? What, a year? I dunno how time works in this thing, but Baelish worked over his entire adult life to get to where he is while Bronn managed to climb his ladder from random unannounced mercenary to upper nobility in pretty short time.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I get that, but he still started life as a noble. Stokeworth isn't that bad, either, having read up on it.

Again, I'm talking speed of progression up the ladder, not the amount of rungs climbed. Bronn has gone from literally nothing to upper nobility with one of the few wealthy houses still supporting King's Landing in exactly how long? What, a year? I dunno how time works in this thing, but Baelish worked over his entire adult life to get to where he is while Bronn managed to climb his ladder from random unannounced mercenary to upper nobility in pretty short time.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's supposed to have been two or three years since the beginning of the first episode.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

And bronn has stated he doesn't want anything to do with the politics. He just wants to get paid. So why would he even sit on the throne?

Articles

Baelish made his climb from the minorest of nobility to Lord of two of the Kingdoms over the same length that Bronn went from Sellsword to Lord Stokeworth - the length of the books to date. Heck, he actually does it quicker - They both began their climb with Blackwater and Baelish marries and kills Lysa before Bronn marries Lollys.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, but Baelish was already Master of Coin at the beginning of the series. To say he didn't have influence over the Realm is a bit dishonest!

Articles

Master of Coin just a title - look at how much power someone like Gyles Rosby had when he became Master of Coin. What did he have in terms of actual land himself? A random crap holding on a rocky piece of land covered in sheep trout.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

"Master of Coin is just a title" - what a load of bollocks argument when everything we're talking about is essentially just a title. He was part of the small council. You point out that there are only seven Lord Paramounts in the kingdom. I'll point out that there are generally around seven names on the small council and they tend to include the King and the King's Hand.

Sorry, just can't compete with the Bronnmeister. Baelish was talking to the King. Bronn was talking to Chiggen. You tell me which guy started off with a better chance of making it to where he is now.

Articles

No, it's not just a title. A Lord Paramount has hundreds of bannermen and lesser houses sworn to him, receipt of revenues and incomes etc. and land. How many names are on the small council indeed? Qyburn (disgraced maester) Varys (foreign eunuch) Aurane Waters (foreign bastard) and so on. It's not exactly the most prestigious people in the land, is it? And how many times have those positions changed hands over the course of the books? We've had what, seven Hands of the King alone? Anyone can get on it. Nobody outside of Stark, Lannister, Baratheon etc. has been a Lord Paramount for centuries. Not in any way comparable in terms of power or status.