Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There are fireflies inside? SPOILERS EVERYWHERE FOR PS3 OWNERS THAT LIKE VIDEO GAMES.

Wait, what? Are you saying the emulation is junk, or that its literally not available to install on the PSP? I thought all the PSN PS1 Classics were PSP compatible. Or are they just not bothering with that on "new" releases? :/

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sweet, my Suikoden 1 save will not be for nothing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I payed over 100 and now its $6 !!!

Oh well, glad more people get to enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post

Wow, you took the plunge and got the physical copy then. That's nothing to be ashamed of. That thing is still rare as heck and most people would probably prefer to have that just to say they do. I know I would. So don't feel too bad. You're still the envy of a lot of gamers, and everyone gets to enjoy it. Kinda win/win. Though I'm sure you would have preferred to save money, given the option lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post

Wow, you took the plunge and got the physical copy then. That's nothing to be ashamed of. That thing is still rare as heck and most people would probably prefer to have that just to say they do. I know I would. So don't feel too bad. You're still the envy of a lot of gamers, and everyone gets to enjoy it. Kinda win/win. Though I'm sure you would have preferred to save money, given the option lol
    This keeps happening to me. I just paid a bunch of money for the Friends complete box set back in October because it is my all time favourite show and Netflix never had it. GUESS WHO HAS IT NOW?!!?

:monster:

I got the physical copy too, but I only paid $64 for it. Mind you, that was $64 for both Suikoden I and Suikoden II. The only problem is it didn't have the instruction manual with it
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just beat Suikoden 2 this weekend. Overall it was really fun, but not one of the best RPGs I've ever played. It was fun collecting the 108 stars and all the other collectibles like recipes and garden items and etc., but I didn't feel like any of it had any impact on what I was doing. I know I could have used any variety of parties but I tended to stick with the characters with story impact. Also, the unites and runes were cool but very limited and in the end you are just left with a traditional turn-based battle system with standard experience levels. Also most of the runes were useless and it sucked that only a few characters had 3 rune slots.

I will say that Luca was the best part of the game and it was actually sad (SPOILER)to see him go so early. I was hoping he'd be the final boss. That was definitely one of the most intense boss fights I've ever played and his absolute ruthlessness leading up to it played a large part.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Wait, what? Are you saying the emulation is junk, or that its literally not available to install on the PSP? I thought all the PSN PS1 Classics were PSP compatible. Or are they just not bothering with that on "new" releases? :/
    They purposely locked out the PSP version, it only works on the Vita. Funny thing is that they originally forgot to apply the lock-out, so if you downloaded it during the first 24 hours or so you have a copy that works on the PSP perfectly fine.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Holy poop. Fortunately for me, when I first hacked my PSP one of the first things I acquired was a converted copy of both the first Suikoden games. Though I could just buy it and play it on VitaTV or something. But that's really dumb. If people want to play it on their PSP they're kinda just encouraging piracy. Not a big deal for a 15 year old game at this point. But if they hadn't purposely gimped it, they'd get more sales. I mean I realize they're just trying to make sure one person doesn't download and then make it available online for millions of other people. But that's not really a problem since the original game can be easily converted and emulated on PSP already. So they're just kinda keeping legit people from buying it, or really really frustrating legit people who do buy it and then can't play it. Very lame indeed

Woo I can finally own a copy of it, even though I have played it I never got to file transfer.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

it happened

I am downloading this at the moment. Let's see what all the fuss is about ;D

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Just beat Suikoden 2 this weekend. Overall it was really fun, but not one of the best RPGs I've ever played. It was fun collecting the 108 stars and all the other collectibles like recipes and garden items and etc., but I didn't feel like any of it had any impact on what I was doing. I know I could have used any variety of parties but I tended to stick with the characters with story impact. Also, the unites and runes were cool but very limited and in the end you are just left with a traditional turn-based battle system with standard experience levels. Also most of the runes were useless and it sucked that only a few characters had 3 rune slots.
    It does depend on what you care about. The gameplay overall is nothing special, though a lot of the sidequests and minigames are fun (SIII and V do get more innovative). And it's paced really well, too, so that you never really feel like you're slogging through anything (at least not until your second trip through the Tinto mines to get smurfing Mazus). It's the story and characters that really sets SII apart for me. It's an epic adventure where you can really feel and believe the impact that events are having on the characters, the world, and even individual cities.

The inconsistent amount of rune slots for each player is the series' attempt to have some sort of balance, with limited success. Viktor, for instance, would be absolutely unstoppable very early on with 3 rune slots. Of course, if you get enough Double-Beat and Fury runes, whoever you have in your party is already going to be unstoppable, but different amounts of rune slots does force you to organize and balance your party.

Just beat the Mist Monster. The intro and fort events were pretty fun.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree that the pacing was pretty good, much better than S1. It was a long game but I never felt like it was too slow. I also like how the experience system makes it easy to get a character up to the current level if you haven't used them in a while. This should be mandatory with any game that has multiple character options!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum