Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WII or 360

Nintendo has some of the best quality games out there (e.g. Zelda, Mario and Metroid), but I guess it really depends on what you like. Personally I'd never buy a Xbox 360, but hey.. that's just me. The console itself and the games released for it just don't appeal to me.

I would like both but if I had the money I get a Wii in a heartbeat XD

~Gamer 4 Life!!!! ^-^~

It really depends on what games you want to play.

My girlfriend got a Wii and it's great. We've got Zelda and Mario games, and we have fun with them -- but I probably wouldn't get one myself.

I am not going to get anything until I see a bigger line up RPG's on a system, seeing as they are the kind of games I want to play.
    (SPOILER)
    Actually... I'd probably get a PS3 in the future, simply for games such as God of War, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

If you like JRPGs, get the Wii. Radiant Dawn over Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata. BD is good, but if you played Final Fantasy V you played Blue Dragon. Eternal Sonata is good, but not a system seller. It has its downsides, and is REALLY short. The 360 also has Mass Effect and Oblivion, which are WRPGs. Personally,

I loathe Mass Effect. I really wish BioWare focuses less on the story and more on the gameplay. The basic presentation issues, poor tutorials, and the clunkiness. It has a nice story, but come on BioWare, did you really focus on the story so much to neglect simple issues like those.

Oblivion is enjoyable. It may be a system seller. But the dialog is laughable, the combat is sometimes lacking, but it makes it up in the sheer amount of depth it has. There is so much to do. But, this is also depends on the PC. If you have a powerful PC, just get Oblivion for the PC.

The Wii on the other hand, as mentioned before, has Radiant Dawn. RD is one hell of a strategy game. Don't expect it to be a pushover, it is one of Nintendo's hardest games made. Well, I mean on normal and hard at least (Easy isn't a pushover though, but it isn't insanely difficult either, it takes the middle ground). SMG is good, but has its flukes. The menus get tedious really fast, and the motion controls are definitively problematic. TP is okay, nothing special. SPM is really a disappoint, albeit solid. MP3C would have been a terrible Metroid game if not for the controls, but thankfully, the controls make it one of the best Metroid games.

There is something to say about the Wii library though, its mostly rentals. Radiant Dawn will take you 40-50 hours, and it may not be a rental. SMG is beatable in two weeks (as in, all 120 stars). TP Is 40 hours, but it is a borefest. Both MP3C and SPM are too short to be considered good buys as opposed to rentals.

Also, I am stating the obvious, but if you are really interested in JRPGs (if you also like WRPGs, partially disregard this), get the Wii. Aside from Eternal Sonata, MistWalker is going to be the only JRPG company making games. So far, they seem to be straightforward with their formula: Generic, graphically pretty, long, but ultimately unimpressive. Eternal Sonata was the oddball, and it won't be surprising if it is the only one. It will also get a lot of PS3 ports too. However, it should go without saying the Wii will in the end dominant the JRPG market.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have neither console but having played both, I think I'd have more interest in owning a Wii. I already have a lot of GameCube games (along with a few others that I would play if I had a 60Hz television, e.g. MP2) I could play again using it and there are a number of games for the Wii that I would rather play, compared to relatively few 360 games. I don't have a great deal of time to be a serious online gamer to go for all the achievements and whatnot from 360 games either. So a Wii it is. I wouldn't mind a 360 though.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Idun and Sephiroth fan Little Al's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    If you like JRPGs, get the Wii. Radiant Dawn over Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata. BD is good, but if you played Final Fantasy V you played Blue Dragon. Eternal Sonata is good, but not a system seller. It has its downsides, and is REALLY short. The 360 also has Mass Effect and Oblivion, which are WRPGs. Personally,

I loathe Mass Effect. I really wish BioWare focuses less on the story and more on the gameplay. The basic presentation issues, poor tutorials, and the clunkiness. It has a nice story, but come on BioWare, did you really focus on the story so much to neglect simple issues like those.

Oblivion is enjoyable. It may be a system seller. But the dialog is laughable, the combat is sometimes lacking, but it makes it up in the sheer amount of depth it has. There is so much to do. But, this is also depends on the PC. If you have a powerful PC, just get Oblivion for the PC.

The Wii on the other hand, as mentioned before, has Radiant Dawn. RD is one hell of a strategy game. Don't expect it to be a pushover, it is one of Nintendo's hardest games made. Well, I mean on normal and hard at least (Easy isn't a pushover though, but it isn't insanely difficult either, it takes the middle ground). SMG is good, but has its flukes. The menus get tedious really fast, and the motion controls are definitively problematic. TP is okay, nothing special. SPM is really a disappoint, albeit solid. MP3C would have been a terrible Metroid game if not for the controls, but thankfully, the controls make it one of the best Metroid games.

There is something to say about the Wii library though, its mostly rentals. Radiant Dawn will take you 40-50 hours, and it may not be a rental. SMG is beatable in two weeks (as in, all 120 stars). TP Is 40 hours, but it is a borefest. Both MP3C and SPM are too short to be considered good buys as opposed to rentals.

Also, I am stating the obvious, but if you are really interested in JRPGs (if you also like WRPGs, partially disregard this), get the Wii. Aside from Eternal Sonata, MistWalker is going to be the only JRPG company making games. So far, they seem to be straightforward with their formula: Generic, graphically pretty, long, but ultimately unimpressive. Eternal Sonata was the oddball, and it won't be surprising if it is the only one. It will also get a lot of PS3 ports too. However, it should go without saying the Wii will in the end dominant the JRPG market.
    Plus not to mention the upcoming SSBB would also be another reason to get a Wii. (That is if you're into that sort of thing.) And needless to say but simply put, it is turning out to be quite good.

Credit: To Krad-Eelav of deviantART for this sig!!!