Page 20 of 528 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526304070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am very satisfied with the casting for season two. Everyone looks perfect to me, and I'm very excited for Brienne.

I'm all caught up on the books, by the way. BJ is miffed at my reading several years worth of TV into the future.

Holy tit...I've only just realised that Ser Ilyn Payne is Wilco Johnson, the smurfing insane guitarist of Dr Feelgood! How did i miss that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEzKXW8q3Dw

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

New trailer!

Articles
    Blog Entries

^ Wooooooooooooo looks good!

I'm not really worried at all about the show. This group definitely knows what they're doing. I am worried when they get to the part of the series where there's more characters than Martin knows what to do with, and most of their stories are a lot more boring than the first three novels. Or how they're even going to account for the geographically split installments.

I'm also curious if they'll start messing with the source material, like killing off characters earlier or characters who haven't been killed yet at all, just to surprise the fans who think they know it all. A small side of me wishes they would...

Blog Entries

I've just started reading A Game Of Thrones. Hopefully I'll be done with it by the time the second season is out.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I watched the first season this month and I have to say I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'm looking forward to the second season.

Being someone who hasn't read the books (yet) I must say they're crafting an excellent story and nearly all of the characters make me feel something!

I'm also curious if they'll start messing with the source material, like killing off characters earlier or characters who haven't been killed yet at all, just to surprise the fans who think they know it all. A small side of me wishes they would.
    I believe the creators of the show went on record a few months ago saying that they're going to stray a bit from the source material but won't be doing anything too damaging to the series as a whole. I could see killing of minor characters or never introducing someone that only had a small role in the books, but I'm not too worried about them killing of someone who is central to the entire story. They're also going to be splitting up books into multiple seasons in order to make up for the massive amounts of story going on at any given time, so nothing should be too wonky about it.

I'm pretty excited for the second season. The casting has been pretty spot on so far and everything I've seen or read about it just makes me more excited. And damn, can these people do teasers.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Can't wait. can't wait can't wait can't wait.
    Great trailer.
    Liam Cunningham as Davos is spot on.
    As is Stannis and Brienne
    Margaery's acrtress seems a little old to me, but they may doing that on purpose.
    A lot of the other actors haven't ever done anything like this before so it'll be interesting to seem them in these roles (I'm thinking of the wildlings mainly).

I wonder what it would be like to watch this show without ever having read the books, like Jiro and his uncultured noob friends. I've read the books, so I know what's coming, but they're doing such a wonderful job with the acting and the pacing of the show I still feel involved as the story's progressing. Must be even more intense for someone who hasn't read the books.

I think we should start taking bets now about how many penises there will be in season 2.

Did I see a killer looking Aria in there? That is awesome. I haven't read the books so seeing the tit that goes down is terribly exciting. Like when they (SPOILER)killed Ned. My god that was insane.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Oh I can't wait to see Aria develop in the show. She's one of my favorite characters in the books, and the show's doing an awesome job with the character so far. Great casting for that role, just fantastic.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Loving it. I'm reading the book now, and the show is better. Martin prefers the long way to get to the point, it seems.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    the show is better

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Heh I like the inside info with the different perspectives when it comes to the book. You miss that in the show. Instead they have sexposition.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Jiro and his uncultured noob friends
    I'll slay you for this

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Renly uninterested in a seemingly topless lady.