Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you live with?

Blog Entries

For where you live, they may be great. But, where I live a Subaru rules all cars

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Rear wheel drive provides some snow and ice challenges, but never underestimate 'em. Even the mostly stock ones.

I respect Subaru though. They make a great car. They just think a little too highly of them in the price department.

Blog Entries

I agree with them being a bit pricey but, that's why I got a 1 owner low mileage one
    I'd still love to do an engine/tranny swap since it's the 2.5RS and not a wrk. But, the WRX only has a 20. ltr and mine is 2.5. So maybe rebuilding it and adding duel turbo/ super charger would be better?

and for the record I've never even sat in a miata. I just don't like the tininess of them.

And, any idiot driver can drive in the snow but it takes a good driver to drive something like a Miata in the snow haha

Using footage of professional drivers driving a car is probably not the best support for any sort of car-related argument.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Which is why I also included footage of an amateur level event in a mostly stock car. Thanks for the advice though.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've lived with several people over the last few years.

First household I moved out with was a group of friends from college. 1 didn't wash, 1 didn't leave his room, 1 was either in his room with his girlfriend who hated my girlfriend of the time (well I suppose my girlfriend had dated and even got engaged to the guy before hand it was complicated). Needless to say, this didn't work out well none of my friends who I was living with were fond of the washing up or actually doing the DIY we were supposed to do for the cheap rent. This resulted in me doing the entire bathroom and kitchen alone before negotiating a payout with the land lady for my hard work and leaving them all to it.

Note I'm skipping where I "lived" in West London because frankly whilst I was over Julie's enough to be considered as living there I wasn't actually officially a tenant at hers.

Second time I moved out of my Mom's place I moved out with my Polish ex-girlfriend Ewa. Originally we lived in a place in East London. Our house mates there were all Polish too. I was the only non-Polish speaker in the property (yeah I can understand some and speak a little bit but not much). This was perhaps the most insane and also in a sense from a male perspective one of the best households ever I lived with one other guy who was with this WHALE of a woman seriously the most unattractive Eastern European girl I've ever met. However there was three (four if you count Ewa too) attractive girls in the house. Aga was one of Ewa's friends, well I say friend as a loose term, they worked together and had a major love/hate thing going on because they were very similar. Everything Ewa had, Aga needed to have, everything included me. On more than one occasion Aga would engineer situations where I would see her in very little or even nothing at all. For example (we had paper thin walls) as she hears me getting ready to go out she'll decide to open her door to walk through from her room right next to ours to the bathroom without a towel or clothes or just in undies, at one stage Ewa was away (visiting her parents) and Aga would invite me in her room to watch films with her or something where she'd often ask me if clothing looked OK on her and it'd be the most provocative clothing she owned (she'd also deliberately so, just get changed in front of me) I think that came to a head when she asked me if her underwear was sexy enough lol all because Ewa had me and she was competitive. Then there was Monica and Monika who were friends who shared a room too. Monica was very conservative and somewhat antisocial but get a couple of wine glasses in her and she'd loosen up and relax nicely. Monika on the other hand was a fire cracker! Seriously, first of all she's a leggy 5'10" blonde size 6 waist with disproportionate chest size (she had great cans lol) who would often parade around the house comfortably in nothing but a little silk dressing gown what barely covered her bum, considering her shelf of the fridge was the bottom one, this made for interesting times when she bent over the fridge. The household however was as dysfunctional as it got. Aga I got along with she was a nice girl even if she was trying to shag me purely to get one over on Ewa, she never got anywhere with it but frankly I enjoyed her attempts I'd be lying otherwise. Monika was pretty straight up and said what she thought, I respected this in her at least it was all out and dealt with quickly. Monica was extremely two faced, she'd be bitching bout one house mate and then be nice as pie to them. Thankfully she also used to tell Monika things and Monika without tact or even an attempt to soften the blow would just spit it out. Raphael (the guy) and his whale were the worst, they were horrible people who basically tried to bully people. Their room was next to the lounge and as such most of the group of us barely used it except when in the kitchen cooking. I remember myself and Aga were in the lounge one evening watching a film together because we had the night off and were basically told to "get out of their lounge" in Polish by them returning home. I was going to refuse to but well, Aga asked me not to so we could avoid a fight. I actually did have a fist fight with the guy on christmas day which shows how bad it got there. And to cap it off Ewa was either getting on with one of them or none of them or some of them and I would often not be given an update on who I was supposed to be talking to or not. In the end I spoke to Monika, Aga and Ewa only it was easier this way. After Monika and Aga moved out we left about a month later because it became me and Ewa against the other 3.

After the "interesting" house share in East London we had our own place for 18 months, it ended badly. After me and Ewa broke up she moved out and left me in there alone for 3.5 months. I enjoyed that but got a little lonely without someone living with me.

I moved back home to my Mom's for a while after that and recently a month ago moved out again to my current place. Here I live with Simon, he's a Nigerian (I believe) he works as an accountant. He's got a lovely girlfriend who I've met on occasion, he keeps very much to himself unless football is on or he's cooking. I think he also goes up to Stevenage to see family or something at weekends, either way I rarely see him over the weekend. Rob, he's a tech geek like me, it's kinda cool having someone who I can relate to in such a way in the house, also stops me being the go to guy all the time. His girlfriend Sam is sweet I generally bump in to her on Sunday mornings as I'm grabbing breakfast and she's cooking theirs. I also know that her and Rob are hopeless cooks who hope my cooking skills will help them rustle up their own Sunday Roast one week. I'd be glad to help but think it'd be nice to do it as a "house meal" where all the people in gather together since I only know how to do a large roast dinner. Zac is a PE teacher, he's pretty damn cool musically he likes metal as well which is good because we both tend to get along on musical tastes and in how we view the world. Fiona my final house mate, is an Australian teacher who is over here on a 2 year working visa working as a supply. She's pretty awesome as far as people go I tend to speak with her the most because we have a good laugh at the things I've gotten up to and stuff apparently she's going hell too for things she's done but I'm way down in the bottom, smoking pot with Satan with a pair of tits on my head waving up at her going "you ought to try the brimstone and hellfire here, awesome stuff" lol

Blog Entries

holy crapsmurfsteak. I'd like to know, how many people actually read iceglows posts?
    Last edited by escobert; 03-02-2011 at 03:25 AM.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I live with 11 other Marines in a small room(at least it isn't a tent), in Afghanistan. Currently. I only actually see five of them regularly. The others are on different shifts. A couple of them are pretty dirty, but we mostly keep each other in check.

Phillip though, has an anger problem and we butt heads a lot.

But hopefully in about six months I will be back to living with my wonderful wife in my wonderful apartment with my not so wonderful devil of a kitty.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    When I Was A Young Boy: The Trying Life and Times of a Down-But-Not-Out English Sex God by Iceglow Smithington
    Congratulations. This post has more characters than every other post in this entire thread. I'm sure this was intentional.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    When I Was A Young Boy: The Trying Life and Times of a Down-But-Not-Out English Sex God by Iceglow Smithington
    Congratulations. This post has more characters than every other post in this entire thread. I'm sure this was intentional.
    The idea that you would bother counting this means whose sadder, me or you Bun? Just because I could easily have posted 4 seperate posts in here with the same level of content for your poor amoeba like brain to comprehend instead of one albeit long post doesn't mean I should. Now if you can't take some of the things I say with a pinch of salt and a good laugh you really need to get your sense of humour checked out. I mean seriously, who couldn't tell when I'm being sarcastic or bombastic about things for humour? Oh yeah you the boy who hasn't got a sense for it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I moved in with my boyfriend recently, and we both live with his father and his fiance. My boyfriend's dad is...annoying and irresponsible to sum him up in just a couple of words. Most of his bills are paid by my boyfriend's grandfather's shrinking retirement fund and occasionally money borrowed from my boyfriend. His fiance is a total bitch, but she's easier to tolerate because she rarely speaks to us and sometimes bakes stuff like cookie brownies and apple muffins.

The idea that you would bother counting this means whose sadder, me or you Bun? Just because I could easily have posted 4 seperate posts in here with the same level of content for your poor amoeba like brain to comprehend instead of one albeit long post doesn't mean I should. Now if you can't take some of the things I say with a pinch of salt and a good laugh you really need to get your sense of humour checked out. I mean seriously, who couldn't tell when I'm being sarcastic or bombastic about things for humour? Oh yeah you the boy who hasn't got a sense for it.
    Except you're the one taking a backhanded joke way out of proportion and turning it into a big deal by stooping to piss-poor "insults". Get over yourself and understand that you're basically a living joke.

Oh, and I don't need to count individual characters to know that you wrote more than everyone else combined. You're pathetic, now either grow up or go bang another one of your exotic prostitutes, followed up by a post on an internet message board where nobody cares.

Blog Entries

Except you're the one taking a backhanded joke way out of proportion and turning it into a big deal by stooping to piss-poor "insults". Get over yourself and understand that you're basically a living joke.

Oh, and I don't need to count individual characters to know that you wrote more than everyone else combined. You're pathetic, now either grow up or go bang another one of your exotic prostitutes, followed up by a post on an internet message board where nobody cares.
    hahaha oh Bunny you kill me, you're so brilliant! *rolls eyes*

As for "exotic prostitutes" the only one of these I ever banged was your mother, except I don't believe an Alligator with a rape story child counts really.

Seriously Bunny, drop it now because frankly, you're acting like a douche where really I could care less. Your attitude sucks ass, really it's all "oh I'm a moody prick who hates the world" when frankly, no one cares if you were *snip*

Blog Entries

If you could care less why do you bother typing that much in response?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You're both douches, now knock it off! You're derailing a good thread.

Bunny, please stop goading Iceglow into fighting with you, and Iceglow please stop falling for it, and refrain from saying things like that snipped comment. It doesn't set a good example for newbies or other members, really.