Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steam Christmas

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Man, the sales have been so disappointing this christmas. I've yet to see one good sale on the frontpage that hasn't been done 3 times already in other sales.
    I'm seeing a lot of good stuff actually.

I feel like the reason why you start to think the sales suck, as time goes on, is largely because, well, you've already got everything! I'm still seeing a lot I need, though, personally...
    I suppose this could be true. I've bought a lot of stuff in other sales already.

Still, looking at today: Dishonored, Tomb Raidor, AoEII, have ALL been in sales better or equal outside of christmas sales, which are supposed to be the best.

And really, -33%? Divinity is 6 months old, I expected at least -50%.

No, I think this is a combination of 50% of the games which are as you said, good, but done before. And 50% titles for which either the sale or the title is trout. I mean, there is a -25% sale on the front page for an indie game. No. Just no.

And I mean sure, they don't have to put it on sale, no obligation. But I don't have to buy it either, nor feel the slightest tendency to, which I thought was supposed to be the point of a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I'd get like the Saints Row IV package, but that never went below like $14 so I held off for now
    Actually it went to $7.50 for the "Game of the Century" edition. Maybe it will again in the encore.

The Fall (the Deus Ex game) sucks.
    Poop. Guess I actually missed a good one. But that game and package go on sale all the time, so I'm not super worried

But The Fall game I was speaking of is designed like Flashback, Out of This World/Another World (I forget its European name but I think that's it), Prince of Persia (original) where you walk around, solve puzzles, try to survive, etc. The story is you are a crash landed battle suit A.I. and your pilot inside is dying and you have enough autonomy to walk around and try to find help for him. It's really interesting

I did end up picking it up for 4.99. Got stuck a couple hours in though. I'll have to figure that out. But up until then I thoroughly enjoyed it and was actually surprised by the quality of gameplay and controls and voice acting

Edit: I also got the original Escpae Goat, and immediately beat in in like an hour. But it was only a dollar something, and well spent. That was a fun puzzle game. Now I'll have to acquire the second

And got Magicians & Looters. An indie metroidvania with weird 'tude. I got it because it was well regarded, and it looked to have really beautiful and fluid animations and stuff. I mistakenly presumed that spoke to the controls. Turns out its really stiff and floaty and just well animated lol Not terrible for an indie title, but I've played way better indie metroidvanias. Really glad I didn't pay full price
    Last edited by Vyk; 12-29-2014 at 03:15 PM.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Got:

Contrast
    Bloody Trapland
    Crypt of the Necrodancer
    Brothers
    Dead Rising 2
    Dead Rising 3
    Pop Cap Complete Pack
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    VVVVVV
    Bloody Good Time
    SpeedRunners
    Damned
    Anna
    Monster Loves You
    I Am Bread
    The Marvellous Miss Take
    DLC Quest

I'm a bit of a hoarder, I love steam sales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Despite not having money I wound up being suckered by this.

Civilization V: The Complete Edition for $9.99
    You interested in some multiplayer? I'm always looking for new people to play with.

I haven't been paying attention to the sales for reasons of, as Vivi22 said, being broke. I did pick up a few titles I was happy with, though -- I bought Plants vs. Zombies and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure for a friend, and Shadowrun Returns for myself. I was also gifted Bad Rats, Bleed, and Endless Legend, so I have some new stuff to try out as well.

Also, VVVVVV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Despite not having money I wound up being suckered by this.

Civilization V: The Complete Edition for $9.99
    You interested in some multiplayer? I'm always looking for new people to play with.

I haven't been paying attention to the sales for reasons of, as Vivi22 said, being broke. I did pick up a few titles I was happy with, though -- I bought Plants vs. Zombies and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure for a friend, and Shadowrun Returns for myself. I was also gifted Bad Rats, Bleed, and Endless Legend, so I have some new stuff to try out as well.

Also, VVVVVV
    If you want to try Multiplayer, you should use JdH's Mod Manager with the NocheatingAI mod. Makes it much more fun and you can play 3v3 instead of 2 players vs 1 AI. Also, other mods make it more fun as well!

What do you mean, '3v3 instead of 2 players vs. 1 AI' ? I often play with 2 players against 4 AIs. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

That said, I'll have to try this manager. A friend of mine has been bugging me to find a way to use mods together, and this seems like the way to do it!

(I'm gonna get culture bombed by Vocaloids now. . . >_<)

Blog Entries

What do you mean, '3v3 instead of 2 players vs. 1 AI' ? I often play with 2 players against 4 AIs. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

That said, I'll have to try this manager. A friend of mine has been bugging me to find a way to use mods together, and this seems like the way to do it!

I dunno man, but playing 1 player to 1 AI usually means you either have to go military or get spammed by 10.000 sudden cities without loss of happiness.

The AI smurfing cheats. Like a mothersmurfer. I find that there is no good endgame on huge maps with AI like that. Maybe on tiny maps, but not huge ones.

What I mean to say is that you can play 3v3 or 2v2 on a large or huge map, and they won't be infecting continents like malignant cancer.

I finally bought something, Child of Light for $6 seemed like it would probably be worth it.

I wanted that one too but I am going to get in my Vita eventually so I held off.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Tales from the Borderlands was on sale. whoops.

Actually it went to $7.50 for the "Game of the Century" edition. Maybe it will again in the encore.
    Looks like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post

I dunno man, but playing 1 player to 1 AI usually means you either have to go military or get spammed by 10.000 sudden cities without loss of happiness.

The AI smurfing cheats. Like a mothersmurfer. I find that there is no good endgame on huge maps with AI like that. Maybe on tiny maps, but not huge ones.

What I mean to say is that you can play 3v3 or 2v2 on a large or huge map, and they won't be infecting continents like malignant cancer.
    Ahhhhhh, now that I fully understand. Alexander and Caesar, man.
    Holy.
    Crap.
    ._.

Also, I got Borderlands II as a late gift last night.

Looks like it is.
    Thank you!

Caught it this time :]

Double post, just because

Took a gamble on a game that was suggested to me by Steam called How To Survive. Basically if you take something like DayZ or 7 Days to Die, and play it like Champions of Norrath or Diablo. 2 player overhead zombie survival with crafting and a "needs" mechanic that requires you to eat drink and sleep and you can craft makeshift armor and weapons. Oxygen tank shotgun for the win, yo lol. Probably not quite as much fun alone, but it is so much fun to play with the girlfriend. There's a story, and challenge modes, the voice acting isn't too shabby, and neither are the graphics. I'm legitimately impressed, and kinda sad I got it on sale. It totally deserved full price. And its one of the rare games that allows for local co-op on PC. But it's apparently available on like every console out there. Even WiiU. Anyone into that sort of thing, I highly suggest you look into it :3

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Looks like it is.
    Thank you!

Caught it this time :]
    So did I, awesome. Got the entire Saints back catalogue. I have it for 360 but not all the DLC and not with mods available.

Does anyone else end up buying games then looking at their list like "The smurf? When did I buy this?"