Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Atlus says it is focused on making Persona 5 (MAJOR PERSONA SERIES SPOILERS)

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It would be cool if P5 put us in a college or university setting instead of high school. Maybe if the characters were slightly above 18 years old, Atlus would be able to do more... terrible... stuff to them and get away with it. After all, they are adults!
    Yes, I would like to see older characters, too. I didn't like the fact that they played around with the idea of getting the characters drunk in Persona 4 only to back off because they are underage and have them get "drunk off the atmosphere" -- something that I'm not entirely sure is possible considering two of them were turning red akin to alcohol flush reaction.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yes, that was pretty silly.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It would be cool if P5 put us in a college or university setting instead of high school. Maybe if the characters were slightly above 18 years old, Atlus would be able to do more... terrible... stuff to them and get away with it. After all, they are adults!
    Yes, I would like to see older characters, too. I didn't like the fact that they played around with the idea of getting the characters drunk in Persona 4 only to back off because they are underage and have them get "drunk off the atmosphere" -- something that I'm not entirely sure is possible considering two of them were turning red akin to alcohol flush reaction.
    IMO, that made the scene funnier. Whether that's actually possible or not, I found it amusing that they found a way to get them self subconsciously drunk, even though no alcohol was consumed

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Catherine made me pretty excited about the idea of seeing more mature themes explored in the Persona series.

I'm not sure what you mean by Mature. Persona's 3 and 4, while they were dealing with High School kids, had very deep and meaningful plots. Hell, look no further then Shinjiro in Persona 3.

On another note, something has changed in my thoughts on Persona 4 in the newest playthrough.

Firstly, I'm some what bothered by the lack of use of Chie. Mind you, even though I like her she's easily my least favorite member of the team. That said, whats the point in her being here? It feels like if she just disappeared from the main plot nothing would change. Yukiko, at least, serves as an important piece to the plot later on. (SPOILER)Namatame reveals she was the first one he threw in the TV.

Kanji, oddly enough, is a voice of reason when the party starts getting flustered, and is able to calm everyone down, as well as being effective at intimidating information out of people.

Really, every character has a purpose except Chie, so she feels like unnescessary filler to your group, and that bothers me a bit.

Another thing, my love of Yukiko is still strong, but she's overshadowed by another in the game. There was something big I had to get over to realize this, big for me at least. It may not have bothered other people. This will involves spoilers about Naoto for those who haven't played the game.

(SPOILER)Naoto is a girl. I knew this the moment I saw the character portrait. The voice is obviously feminine, albeit lower in pitch. And for some god awful reason EVERYONE thinks Naoto is a guy. She is not. She is a very pretty lady. I was smurfing pissed the game kept trying to push that Naoto was a guy when she obviously wasn't. It's stupid. I hate that damned anime trope because it vary rarily passes as male, yet the whole smurfing world in the show is fooled.

Now, the actual Story behind why Naoto does all this is absolutely wonderful, and now that I'm over that damned infuriating aspect of the story, she usurped Yukiko.

She is a strong female character, her worries and concerns are very real, and best of all she is a bad ass. Setting herself up to get kidnapped was just brilliant.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

NaotoI could believe Naoto was a guy because I've seen enough girly anime dudes to let it slide. Of course once "he" got thrown into the TV it became obvious right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    NaotoI could believe Naoto was a guy because I've seen enough girly anime dudes to let it slide. Of course once "he" got thrown into the TV it became obvious right away.
    NaotoI watch a lot of anime as well, and seen many a girly boy.

Hell, on a slightly different note, I could buy that The Ouran Host Club Girl could pass for a guy.

Still I can't buy that from Noato.

Edit:

more on Naoto
    Okay, Ouran is a bad example, as that is a comedy and it's suppose to be ridiculously silly.

Though really I hold higher standards in many regards to a game like Persona then a silly, comedy series. (Though it is one of the funniest animes ever. )
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 09-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chie's main purpose was being the heart of the group, in my opinion. Her relationship with Yukiko is one of the more realistic depictions of true friendship in any video game and she is basically the first to tell you about trying out the midnight channel and all the other fun stuff.

Blog Entries

Hopefully P5 will have a battle system more like the second game(s), but also with the One More and weakness systems from 3 and 4.

Social Links I couldn't really care less about. If they put 'em in, fine, if not, no big whoop.

I'd really like to see the Evokers come back, because frankly, shooting yourself in the head to summon a Persona is the best thing ever.

Also, I also think Chie is kinda useless to the story, but ironically she provides some good comic relief, and is also the most neutral of the group, so it's easier to relate to her because of that.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I prefered the 3 battle system.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Chie's main purpose was being the heart of the group, in my opinion. Her relationship with Yukiko is one of the more realistic depictions of true friendship in any video game and she is basically the first to tell you about trying out the midnight channel and all the other fun stuff.
    She kind of fails at being the 'heart' of the group though. Both Yosuke and Kanji do a better job at helping the team think clearly when they are frustrated. Honestly Yosuke is much more apt to be called the heart of the team then Chie is.

NaotoYes, Naoto is awesome. I also jumped to "female" as soon as I saw her, but I didn't really have a problem with the way they portrayed it. I can understand cultural differences or gameplay simplification. And, again, Naoto is awesome, which makes up for a lot.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.