Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania movie set for 2009

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Castlevania movie set for 2009

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has heard that there is supposed to be a Castlevania movie set for 2009. I just heard this from Zellyhottie and wanted to share it with you all.

Here is the article from international movie database :Castlevania (2009)

Here is a movie poster: http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/...astlevania.jpg

EDIT:It appears (at least for me) I can't view this page on the server, in any case just copy and paste this into a url.

And also from UHM - Upcoming Horror Movies, I found an article where the writer/director Paul W.S. Anderson revealed details about the story, and I quote:

"It's going to explain how the Belmont clan and Dracula first come into contact, so in a way, it's going to be a genesis story of the clash between the Belmonts and Dracula. It's going to span the ages as well, which is one of the fun things about the games. There are Castlevania games in the 1500s, there are Castlevania games in the Second World War, there are Castlevania in the future, and we're going to take the same kind of approach. It's going to be a very mythic story spanning hundreds of years, but the key characters are going to be Dracula and Simon Belmont. And the whip is going to be intact, although there'll be lots of other weaponry as well."

He also added how he'll keep the goth and romantic look of the game and incorporate it into the movie.

Also, here are DETAILS from the same site

- Production is hoped to begin next spring.
    - The film will supposedly have a lot of references to the game to please the fans.
    - It's said that the story will span hundreds of years and focus mostly on Dracula and Simon Belmont.
    - The interiors of the castle will be constructed in Budapest.
    - Budgeted at an estimated $50-million.
    - Rogue Pictures hopes that this will be the start of a new horror franchise for them.
    - Described as in the vein of action-horror films such as Blade and Underworld.
    - Director Paul W. S. Anderson (Resident Evil, Alien Vs. Predator) is also writing the script.
    - Based on the classic Konami video game.

Discuss.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Needs Bruce Campbell as Simon Belmont. Then it would win. It'd be like Evil Dead 3.5.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Prepare for failure.

I'm going to be so mad if they dare to destroy the game's magic like every game movie until now

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I'm going to be so mad if they dare to destroy the game's magic like every game movie until now
    I agree.

I was so excited when I had seen it tho. But God, I hope they don't screw this one up. Srsly. I mean, they had done Resident Evil, in my opinion, it was good, but it didn't follow the game fully, which saddened me a bit. As for the Silent Hill movie. They had the same places (as in the hospital, school etc) But they switched the hero to a heroine. And they seemed to switch Cheryl to Sharon (Which isn't a full on difference, still) And also (SPOILER)Dahliah Gillespie was evil in the game and they switched it a bit there too.

Hopefully this won't flop. But then again, you know how the movies are. *sigh* They change a lot of things.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I have high hopes that Castlevania will live up to the piece of cinematic excellence Anderson previously gave us with Alien vs. Predator.

That's a joke, right Azar?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    - Rogue Pictures hopes that this will be the start of a new horror franchise for them.
    - Director Paul W. S. Anderson (Resident Evil, Alien Vs. Predator) is also writing the script.
    1) Oh God NO! Horror franchises don't know when to stop and Castlevania is NOT a horror franchise in the first place. Go to hell Rogue Pictures!

2) Paul isn't a horrible director but he is far from a good director. Hasn't he been given enough chances yet?

well he's not uwe boll (or however you spell it) i'm looking forward to this one...i'm not a fanboy so i won't be too disappointed when simon says a cheesy line like 'how 'bout some garlic on that pizza?' after he somehow turns a vampire into a pancake.

I've never even played Castlevania and I want this to be stopped.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I was of the opinion that Castlevania was a side-scrolling action horror game until the latter versions, in which it was still an action horror game.

It might be a good movie. It does have the serious potential to fail though
    You've got red on you

I would love for it to actually turn out to be a good movie since I love the series but I don't have much hope for it. But hey, I'd be surprised if it does succeed.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If Paul W.S. Anderson is involved, then it will be crap. People really need to stop seeing his movies so he's forced to find another way to feed himself.

Indeed, if Anderson is involved it WILL be awful, no question. The man shouldnt be let near cameras.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"